Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

Bought the Anafi to avoid the continuous firmware updates and calibration requests one of my freinds goes through with his .... he flies a lot more than I do on a continuing basis since I installed the last firmware.I even went so far as to recommend the anafi to another freind a month ago.He isnt very happy...
Where is the fix,Parrot?You will be getting contacted by a lot of angry consumers who haven't done their homework before purchasing for Christmas.

Never again.

Yes some communication would be nice with say an estimated date for the fix.

I can't believe the update is still available on Google play. They know it's faulty and they are therefore knowingly preventing other people from flying the drone.

Seems bizarre to me.

Reactions: Maxgi
It is happened after the company fired 300 in last year and another 100 employees in november. Maybe it is not an accidental event. Who knows? I am sure, DJI guys are very happy now.

I am checking the flight history for this morning brief flight (a few seconds), it does not show up in the log. Why?
Later, the flight log did show up. Here it is. Total time is 2 seconds. Interestingly, it is always at 0 height. It was just lifted and turned around to hit park chair. After I replaced the broken blade, and retry, I see the "Vertical camera failure. Please contact Parrot customer service". Try reset everything, this warning came up every time. The drone refuses to flight. Definitely need to ask for warranty service on Monday. Sad.

Attachments

• IMG_4941.PNG
    IMG_4941.PNG
    162.2 KB · Views: 10
From Parrot support page, and select "repair a product". When you choose "Repair Process - warranted", it shows the following: Does this mean Parrot do not provide warranty service?

"We call your attention to the fact that all Parrot products are guaranteed by your retailer. We thank you in advance for taking all of the necessary steps at your original place of purchase before contacting us."

From Parrot support page, and select "repair a product". When you choose "Repair Process - warranted", it shows the following: Does this mean Parrot do not provide warranty service?

"We call your attention to the fact that all Parrot products are guaranteed by your retailer. We thank you in advance for taking all of the necessary steps at your original place of purchase before contacting us."

That means what you can read. First, try all the options where you purchased your Anafi before you make your claim for a warranty repair directly against Parrot. To my knowledge, this is an ordinary procedure around the world when it is the manufacturer issuing the warranty for its product.

Of course, you must address the claim directly to Parrot if you have purchased your Anafi directly at Parrot.

Good luck, greetings Leif.

That means what you can read. First, try all the options where you purchased your Anafi before you make your claim for a warranty repair directly against Parrot. To my knowledge, this is an ordinary procedure around the world when it is the manufacturer issuing the warranty for its product.

Of course, you must address the claim directly to Parrot if you have purchased your Anafi directly at Parrot.

Good luck, greetings Leif.
Thank you! Ok, the drone is 3 months old, I cannot send it back to BH. I will call Parrot directly tomorrow.

Hey folks, all worked fine for me for the last week since buying and updating everything the box. Had my flight today finished and finished fine. Went to take it out again and now have the vertical error. Tried resetting everything, reinstalling android app but all to no avail. Even if I connect direct to drone via Wi-Fi I still don't get video footage. Also getting the sd card error when trying to record but think this may be related to the black screen / no video feed. I'm unsure if this is s/w or firmware related as all worked fine for a week!
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Marty

Yep, that's what happened to me. Bought it around two weeks ago, had one real flight then updated it. Have not been able to fly since. I've been waiting and hoping but nothing but I think I'm done. It's going back to the store and I'll buy an Evo for now. Once Parrot figures this out and the price drops a few hundred more dollars I might try again.

Just SO frustrating! I REALLY loved a lot about it and really wanted it to work out.

I really don't blame you for going Autel... I've not heard any major issues with those guys.. I'm even considering going back to yuneec at this point - I really can't look at myself in the mirror if i went back to DJI...

Reactions: rsjb41
I,too would look at Autel,but I dont see any real sales focus in Cabada.Having said that,only Bestbuy seems to pump Parrot in Canada..

Reactions: rsjb41
I really don't blame you for going Autel... I've not heard any major issues with those guys.. I'm even considering going back to yuneec at this point - I really can't look at myself in the mirror if i went back to DJI...

Yeah, I don't want to go DJI at all! I love so much about the Anafi, just wish Parrot would get their stuff together and be a true contender.

Reactions: cheetah2k
Thank you! Ok, the drone is 3 months old, I cannot send it back to BH. I will call Parrot directly tomorrow.

Strange if you bought your Anafi at BH photo & video as I read:

Limited 1-Year Warranty (For Parts That Do Not Wear Out)
Limited 6-Month Warranty (For Parts That Wear Out)

Perhaps the gentleman should learn to read the warranty period on a thing before a purchase. ;)

Regards Leif.

Just a question: Anybody knows that is there any special connection between the Parrot and Huawei? is it possible, that these Huawei smartphones are better with the Anafi than others? Just because the Googleplay FF6 says "the last software update improved the Huawei support" and you can find an article on the Huawei website also with Parrot close relation from 2015. Is there any special technical details, connection between them? If I buy for example a Huawei Honor 10, maybe is it a stabil solution to fly again with the Anafi?

Does anyone know if this is an Android only problem? Are Iphone users experiencing similar issues with this firmware and app version?

After the update. The issues were mostly with in pano mode. The gimbal lost functionality and RTH had a glitch as well. I've not used that feature since, I could wait until the update was done. But general flying doesn't seem to be affected. I also hasn't been using it much out of precaution as well so there could be other issues I'm not aware of.

Reactions: kv77
Just a question: Anybody knows that is there any special connection between the Parrot and Huawei? is it possible, that these Huawei smartphones are better with the Anafi than others? Just because the Googleplay FF6 says "the last software update improved the Huawei support" and you can find an article on the Huawei website also with Parrot close relation from 2015. Is there any special technical details, connection between them? If I buy for example a Huawei Honor 10, maybe is it a stabil solution to fly again with the Anafi?
As far as I know, there were problems with FF6 and Huawei phones just from the beginning.
Now these problems seem to be fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K