Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

I wouldn't call a Samsung Galaxy 8 too old or having performance problems.

Exactly, and that was what I was meaning when I wrote my initial statement. As I suspected in the first place, the problem is clearly with the software and not our "old" devices.

Fortunately on this occasion, Parrot have proven to be better than DJI, and admit they have created the problem.

From our point of view, lets hope that once they release the update, our "old" devices become "workable" devices :)

@Dirk_ANAFI and the Nexus is still a **** good device, used by many in the drone world. Runs my Mavic Pro as well as my iPhone 7+

I was just annoyed that 1 min its fine for the Anafi, next its junked. Which I felt was totally wrong given as Augustine has shown, that Parrot themselves stated Android 4.4 and above.

Many others in the same boat with their devices. And as a lot of us suspected, the issue is with Parrot and not our devices :D so we can all hope that the forthcoming fix will see us scratching around the bin to recover our devices.

@Dirk_ANAFI and the Nexus is still a **** good device, used by many in the drone world. Runs my Mavic Pro as well as my iPhone 7+

I was just annoyed that 1 min its fine for the Anafi, next its junked. Which I felt was totally wrong given as Augustine has shown, that Parrot themselves stated Android 4.4 and above.

Many others in the same boat with their devices. And as a lot of us suspected, the issue is with Parrot and not our devices :D so we can all hope that the forthcoming fix will see us scratching around the bin to recover our devices.
I hope and would be glad, if you are right.
Actually I don't believe that this is the whole truth.

From Parrot today about the black screen problem.

Parrot SA12 December 2018
Hello, We are aware of the issue and currently working on it. Kindly extend your patience and stay tuned. Best Regards, Parrot Community Support

I hope and would be glad, if you are right.
Actually I don't believe that this is the whole truth.

Yes if the engine (CPU & GPU) does not have enough horsepower to run a real-time program, the program will also stop even if the requirement for the OS is met.

Today, people should think on a device with an 8-core CPU and a clock freq at least 1.5 GHz to be reasonably sure to be able to run the new drone flight programs today.

My tablet with a 2GHz 8 core CPU has no trouble running the new FreFlight 6 V6.30. None of my two old tablets using a 1.8 GHz 4 core Intel CPU can follow FF6 more. I have so accepted that it's the way the development has gone.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Skydreamer
Yes if the engine (CPU & GPU) does not have enough horsepower to run a real-time program, the program will also stop even if the requirement for the OS is met.

Today, people should think on a device with an 8-core CPU and a clock freq at least 1.5 GHz to be reasonably sure to be able to run the new drone flight programs today.

My tablet with a 2GHz 8 core CPU has no trouble running the new FreFlight 6 V6.30. None of my two old tablets using a 1.8 GHz 4 core Intel CPU can follow FF6 more. I have so accepted that it's the way the development has gone.

Regards Leif.

I'll jump ship to an Evo or Mavic before spending a bunch of money on a new phone or tablet. What I have now will run either one of the competitors software and ran FF6 before the update. I just can't believe that the update uses so much more computing power that these devices no longer work.

I'll jump ship to an Evo or Mavic before spending a bunch of money on a new phone or tablet. What I have now will run either one of the competitors software and ran FF6 before the update. I just can't believe that the update uses so much more computing power that these devices no longer work.

My tablets could also easily run FF6 up to and including V6.20. Then, the update of the screen can not follow smoothly more. And the same thing has happened with DJIGO4. However, Litchi still runs great.

Try now and look at the specs of your devices before you ..................... :
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Full phone specifications
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 - Full tablet specifications

Even though your devices may still running Autels and DJI's programs, how long time do you think you can keep those going after it is found that's all those programs are getting more and more CPU demanding ???

Regards Leif.

My tablets could also easily run FF6 up to and including V6.20. Then, the update of the screen can not follow smoothly more. And the same thing has happened with DJIGO4. However, Litchi still runs great.

Try now and look at the specs of your devices before you ..................... :
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Full phone specifications
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 - Full tablet specifications

Even though your devices may still running Autels and DJI's programs, how long time do you think you can keep those going after it is found that's all those programs are getting more and more CPU demanding ???

Regards Leif.
I agree in that time matches on,but when an update SHUTS DOWN a device which was previously working fine,that is wrong.I do not spend this type of money for what I consider to be an effective tool with the expectation from the developers that I will be a beta tester.
Rather than" hobble "many customers,maybe send out new software only to those who wish to be testers,THEN release it to your general customer base once you have received the tester's feedback.Just a poor business decision in my opinion.

Reactions: Maxgi and rsjb41
Just a poor business decision in my opinion.

100% this. Tech companies stop supporting devices all the time but the customer base has plenty of advanced knowledge. This is just a massive failure on their end, plain and simple. I know the iOS users like myself might want to feel lucky we're not experiencing the same level of issues. But if they're able to fumble something this badly it can certainly happen to us.

I agree in that time matches on,but when an update SHUTS DOWN a device which was previously working fine,that is wrong.I do not spend this type of money for what I consider to be an effective tool with the expectation from the developers that I will be a beta tester.
Rather than" hobble "many customers,maybe send out new software only to those who wish to be testers,THEN release it to your general customer base once you have received the tester's feedback.Just a poor business decision in my opinion.

The way they send out that soft/firmware, I totally agree with you is wrong. There should Parrot make a beta test program so you do not suddenly make people's property useless and make a lot of bad advertising for themselves.

Hopefully they will fix those mistakes/errors fast.

I can tell you I'm beta tests for Litchi. They are so talented that I only once experienced there was a bug in the code that closed for the use of the program. Rarely there goes not more than 14 days between a new version of Litchi comes for testing.

Regards Leif.

A couple of months ago I emailed support about becoming a beta tester for new Apps and Firmware. They gave me a email address to use and post my question there. That email address gave me another address and basically I ended up back talking to the same person in the first place. I just got ticked off and gave up. I have beta tested for Autel Robotics and never have I had an experience like Parrot's run around.

Reactions: rsjb41
Today evening I had to try only with my CatS60 direct wifi to the Anafi, without RC. And the live picture was there, happiness, seems OK. I dont understand why was it better than the RC. I made a few pics, saw the adjustments, etc... So carefully I made the drone and camera calibration again and push the take-off to see what will happen. And this Parrot didnt stay in the air, just started to go forward and up I pushed the cancel-Landing button but nothing happened. O sh.t! I jumped a big one, and just catched it at the end, fortunatly only one propeller cracked only when it just hit the wall.

In this flying thing there are any self control algorythm to check the parts and the softwares, controll panel, etc before somebody push the Take-off button? Or next time it will go through my head?

Regards Leif.
I am watching now the phonearena compare site and the prices. So, If I buy for example a cheap Xiaomi Redme 6 8core 2 Ghz CPU with android 8 it should be fine only for the Parrot flying?

I am watching now the phonearena compare site and the prices. So, If I buy for example a cheap Xiaomi Redme 6 8core 2 Ghz CPU with android 8 it should be fine only for the Parrot flying?

Of course, I can not guarantee anything but the possibility is quite great if others can use the same phone. If I was in your situation, I would now wait for the next version of FF6 before investing in new things. ;)

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K