Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

Darn. Setting on Google Play auto.updated my Freeflight 6 to vers.6.3.0...I haven't updated the firmware in the Anafi or controller yet,but will not fly again until I start hearing from.others that Parrot has solved the Android problem.Not flying because of fear created by new software/firmware is just ridiculous.Thanks Parrot.

Yes, I agree.
Of course it is possible, that some combinations of new FW/FF6 version and smartphone have special problems, like possibly in your case. There may be other items than processor speed to cause "new" problems: for example different graphic chips in the smartphones or ...
But I am convinced: most problems reported here since 6.3.0 are likely to be smartphone performance problems.

Maybe yes you are true, but I don't accept the facts that the Parrot nowhere write which performance and background devices need for this product. In the his case I think the FF6 is not a stable system and this is a big problem because I think it is not safe to fly. Exactly Which devices were tested by Parrot with this new firmware? I prefer to buy one new device but I dont know which one will be perfect.

Reactions: Cipta
Yes, I agree.
Of course it is possible, that some combinations of new FW/FF6 version and smartphone have special problems, like possibly in your case. There may be other items than processor speed to cause "new" problems: for example different graphic chips in the smartphones or ...
But I am convinced: most problems reported here since 6.3.0 are likely to be smartphone performance problems.

But it's not acceptable to sell a product for use with a particular phone that works at the time, and then to alter it later so that it no longer works.

But it's not acceptable to sell a product for use with a particular phone that works at the time, and then to alter it later so that it no longer works.
YOU are using a "particular phone" with FF6. Parrot never mentioned a certain phone type.

I have just updater on andriod S9+ - also update drone and controller. I'm now getting black screen, vertical camera error and no gps on the drone.
Any help coming from Parrot?

I tried the forget wifi method suggested earlier both in the app and in Android itself but no success. Still no video feed.

Should we try and compile a list of phones which do not work to see if we can narrow down the problem and possibly help Parrot.

Sony Xperia z3.. Worked until this update.

T
YOU are using a "particular phone" with FF6. Parrot never mentioned a certain phone type.

They advertise compatibility with Android and iOs up to 6" screen size with no other restrictions. And if it's sold working with a particular phone that feature cannot lawfully be removed later without the user's consent.

Hello from France. I have the same problem of return video since the last update. Yesterday I had the parrot hotline in France who told me they were working on the problem. They think they have the solution soon. I asked what were the compatible smartphones with anafi ? The person told me it was not a problem of smartphone but had to have a version 8 of android. It can work partially with another version but in case of crash you must have version 8 to benefit from the guarantee. This information is written nowhere in Parrot's communications, which is totally abnormal. Good future flights

Hello from France. I have the same problem of return video since the last update. Yesterday I had the parrot hotline in France who told me they were working on the problem. They think they have the solution soon. I asked what were the compatible smartphones with anafi ? The person told me it was not a problem of smartphone but had to have a version 8 of android. It can work partially with another version but in case of crash you must have version 8 to benefit from the guarantee. This information is written nowhere in Parrot's communications, which is totally abnormal. Good future flights
But the Samsung S9+ not have Android 8.0? In the post n. 85 Styleimage talk about this..

This mess is the perfect reason we need controllers such as the Autel Evo with a built-in screen.This would guarantee all users have a working proprietary system with the same technology. Much easier to update a single system...

This mess is the perfect reason we need controllers such as the Autel Evo with a built-in screen.This would guarantee all users have a working proprietary system with the same technology. Much easier to update a single system...

Yes that would be ideal but Parrot was trying to keep the cost down to be competitive.

The person in the hot line seemed to say that with another version the drone could walk to a certain point but to be covered in case of major problem you must have a smartphone with version 8. The S9 with a version 7 can certainly operate but may not be in all the functions of the drone. My message is mainly to inform users of this response which nobody is informed.
Parrot likes the blur !!!

Darn. Setting on Google Play auto.updated my Freeflight 6 to vers.6.3.0...I haven't updated the firmware in the Anafi or controller yet,but will not fly again until I start hearing from.others that Parrot has solved the Android problem.Not flying because of fear created by new software/firmware is just ridiculous.Thanks Parrot.
If you want i have a backup of the freeflight 6 [november update]

The person in the hot line seemed to say that with another version the drone could walk to a certain point but to be covered in case of major problem you must have a smartphone with version 8. The S9 with a version 7 can certainly operate but may not be in all the functions of the drone. My message is mainly to inform users of this response which nobody is informed.
Parrot likes the blur !!!
I have Galaxy S6 Flat with old 5.1.1 android and no black screen not tested outdoor for now i flight hovering only indoor for 10 minutes.

I am civil engineer and construction supervisor. I would like to use the Anafi in my current work ( a historical old building in Budapest). I ask from the Parrot please inform me which smartphone device and OP.system is stable and tested. I Will buy if It needs but the Best if I could use my CatS60 which is a very good, robust and useful phone for me on the site. I could crack two iPhone in last year so I want to keep the S60.

Parrot answered me that they are working hard on this issue and no Way to reinstall the last version and please wait. Ok. But my best device question is still in the air.

I would not judge "device is too old" as "crap":
Obviously "older" smartphones more often show malfunctions as to be seen in the many posts here.
I think most problems arising from this last FW/software version are SMARTPHONE PERFORMANCE problems.

I wouldn't call a Samsung Galaxy 8 too old or having performance problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut