Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

After update - Black screen (No video) and in picture or video mode, if I touch the screen to change from Jpeg or recording quality it disconnects me from everything. I have to turn off the controller then turn it back on to reconnect. Good thing I found that out preflight. May be other bugs but that's what I know at this point. Galaxy S5. It's very frustrating to have a new drone (my one and only) for a week and not be able to fly it. I'm grounded until Parrot fixes this.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, hard reboot etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dobbs
Just a question. Where is the info from the Parrot that which op.system need for the new FF6? I search but couldnt find, they wrote it is good for the iOS and Android. But which version? How they test it in the factory before they push it to the clients?

Reactions: Dobbs and rsjb41
After update - Black screen (No video) and in picture or video mode, if I touch the screen to change from Jpeg or recording quality it disconnects me from everything. I have to turn off the controller then turn it back on to reconnect. Good thing I found that out preflight. May be other bugs but that's what I know at this point. Galaxy S5. It's very frustrating to have a new drone (my one and only) for a week and not be able to fly it. I'm grounded until Parrot fixes this.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, hard reboot etc...
Hi there. Sorry for my bad english but I'm French. I have the exactly same problem since the firmware update. Black screen, jpeg change, etc. I have a sony xperia z3 compact phone. Do you thing this could be the problem? Did you find a solution to the problem? Just contacted Parrot France and they just told me to reboot the drone, the controller and the camera but nothing worked.

Reactions: Dobbs and rsjb41
Hi there. Sorry for my bad english but I'm French. I have the exactly same problem since the firmware update. Black screen, jpeg change, etc. I have a sony xperia z3 compact phone. Do you thing this could be the problem? Did you find a solution to the problem? Just contacted Parrot France and they just told me to reboot the drone, the controller and the camera but nothing worked.

I have not found a solution yet, rebooting did nothing for me. I am in contact with them now. I received an email from them yesterday and I replied to some questions they asked. Should be getting a second reply from them today. I will post what they say as soon as I hear from them.

Reactions: Cipta and Dobbs

it's not the phone as a number of people are having the same issues on a number of different devices. Not sure if it's a problem only with android devices.

What is happen when somebody start to fly with a not tested, not perfect firmware/software and the drone makes an accident? Parrot company will be the guilty or the user? I think it is not a toy.

Reactions: rsjb41 and Dobbs
What is happen when somebody start to fly with a not tested, not perfect firmware/software and the drone makes an accident? Parrot company will be the guilty or the user? I think it is not a toy.
good question. Impossible to prove that the drone had a problem

Seems to be dozens of users affected by this latest software update. And Parrot saying "device is too old" is crap, someone has definitely screwed up with the software.

I hope Parrot are not going to travel the same path as DJI, and just lob software out there and ignore the users, or they will find what profit they are getting, starts to dwindle

Reactions: rsjb41 and thierry
Seems to be dozens of users affected by this latest software update. And Parrot saying "device is too old" is crap, someone has definitely screwed up with the software.

I hope Parrot are not going to travel the same path as DJI, and just lob software out there and ignore the users, or they will find what profit they are getting, starts to dwindle

If Parrot comes back saying my phone and tablet that worked prior to the update, are too old, I'll be taking it back to the store and buying the Autel Evo. I bought this thing a little over a week ago and can't fly it. I would rather spend $400 more dollars on a different drone than go buy a new phone and tablet when those two things work fine for everything else I use them for.

Today I tried at home the Samsung Tab-A with the new FF6 v6.3.0, same problem. Black display, no GPS, useless. I tried my wife's iPhone 5, there was installed a week ago the last FF6 v6.2.1. (not updated)it shows the live camera display. But no GPS signs, not good either.

I made the calibrations with FF6 on the table and turn on the automatic recording after take off. I tried the Anafi only with the RC, without any smartphone. Take-off and stay in one place appx.1.5m height in the middle of the living room. After 20 second, the Anafi start to fly backwards fast, I just catch it with my hand before the wall, it hurts my two fingers. I didnt push any button on the RC, just see how it can stay in the air. It is not acceptable. Something very wrong with this new firmware, Anafi is useless now.

I made the calibrations with FF6 on the table and turn on the automatic recording after take off. I tried the Anafi only with the RC, without any smartphone. Take-off and stay in one place appx.1.5m height in the middle of the living room. After 20 second, the Anafi start to fly backwards fast, I just catch it with my hand before the wall, it hurts my two fingers. I didnt push any button on the RC, just see how it can stay in the air. It is not acceptable. Something very wrong with this new firmware, Anafi is useless now.

Same thing with mine...took off backwards without me touching anything. Lucky it was only 3 feet from my couch and hit it.

Same thing with mine...took off backwards without me touching anything. Lucky it was only 3 feet from my couch and hit it.
Fortunatly, I stand there between the wall and the Anafi. I wrote a new email to the PArrot. It is the fifth...But none of them was replied till now. Tomorrow I 'll ask the retail store how can I take it back, any chance? Or just waiting the new, stable, safe firmware?

Reactions: rsjb41

I would not judge "device is too old" as "crap":
Obviously "older" smartphones more often show malfunctions as to be seen in the many posts here.
I think most problems arising from this last FW/software version are SMARTPHONE PERFORMANCE problems.

Reactions: Landbo
Fortunatly, I stand there between the wall and the Anafi. I wrote a new email to the PArrot. It is the fifth...But none of them was replied till now. Tomorrow I 'll ask the retail store how can I take it back, any chance? Or just waiting the new, stable, safe firmware?

You can be quite sure that the staff at Parrot are glad it's not snail mail they receive with all the inquiries. Give them some time to get their heads over the letter stack again. I am very sure that everyone at Parrot is working hard to make a good and stable soft/firmware so you can fly safely again. ;)

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Dobbs and Vassilag
Below is what support told me to do to correct the video feed issue. I'll try it when I get home.

The below are the steps to forget the network:

From any Home screen, tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Under 'QUICK SETTINGS,' tap Wi-Fi.
If necessary, tap the Wi-Fi Switch to ON. The Wi-Fi Switch moves right and turns green.
Touch and hold on the Wi-Fi network you wish to delete.
Tap Forget network.

rsjb41, not sure what network you are supposed to Forget. Any help you can lend on that end? Also, Dirk_Anafi, I am having the black screen, color change on my display, and some freezes/sd card errors after updating to the new Anafi firmware and Freeflight 6 version. I did not have any of these problems before the update. My equipment is not old - I am using a one month old Huawei MediaPad m5 (Android 8.0) tablet with lots of power. Ran flawlessly before the updates, now, not so much. The Freeflight app takes a lot of computing power to run and that is one of the reasons I bought the Huawei as my dedicated drone tablet - I use it just for the Anafi and the two DJI drones I have. I have a couple of two to four year old tablets that could not keep up with Freeflight 6 and DJI Go 4 app, so you are right that older smartphones or tablets may not have the power. But I know my Huawei does and I am having problems that were not there before the updates.

rsjb41, not sure what network you are supposed to Forget. Any help you can lend on that end? Also, Dirk_Anafi, I am having the black screen, color change on my display, and some freezes/sd card errors after updating to the new Anafi firmware and Freeflight 6 version. I did not have any of these problems before the update. My equipment is not old - I am using a one month old Huawei MediaPad m5 (Android 8.0) tablet with lots of power. Ran flawlessly before the updates, now, not so much. The Freeflight app takes a lot of computing power to run and that is one of the reasons I bought the Huawei as my dedicated drone tablet - I use it just for the Anafi and the two DJI drones I have. I have a couple of two to four year old tablets that could not keep up with Freeflight 6 and DJI Go 4 app, so you are right that older smartphones or tablets may not have the power. But I know my Huawei does and I am having problems that were not there before the updates.

I assume he's talking about the Anafi wifi, but I've never been able to connect to it because it says the password is wrong. I'm really getting pissed with the lack of support from them. They reply back and say "reboot" then I get an email saying it's resolved. NO, ITS NOT! Send another email...no reply at all! Open a another case..."Forget wifi", get another email saying resolved.

Yes, I agree.
Of course it is possible, that some combinations of new FW/FF6 version and smartphone have special problems, like possibly in your case. There may be other items than processor speed to cause "new" problems: for example different graphic chips in the smartphones or ...
But I am convinced: most problems reported here since 6.3.0 are likely to be smartphone performance problems.

Reactions: Landbo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante