Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

Hi,

I bought Anafi few days ago, today I made first flight, powered on drone and controller, updated to latest firmware, take off, after 3 minutes (70mt far) the controller lose the signal, the video disappear and drone return to home automatically.

Second flight (another place) the drone started and fly away 50mt, the signal go down, the error "Vertical camera failure" show in the controller and the Drone RTH.

Terrible experience, I sold my mavic pro for this drone :-(

At home, when I viewed the video all gimbal movements are shaky and not stabilized.

I read the 6.2 firmware issues, for you, it's an anafi hardware failure or it's a firmware problem? I bought on amazon and it's not easy change with new one.

What version of software?
I have never heard of similar problems with version 6.2.1 but I have read of a similar problem related to version 6.3

I think that my drone have big hardware problem, today I fly again, no Vertical Issue problem but after few minutes the signal go down, the app not respond and the video in the sd it's corrupted only mp4 at 0 byte and .tmp
I think that it's impossibile it's a firmware problem

@komax74 Have you now upgraded firmware for the Anafi and Controller to the version released yesterday, also upgraded the FF6 application ?

It MAY cure your issues.

Hard to help, if not mentioned:
- FW of Anafi, SC3
- FF6 version
- used smartphone
- flying conditions

Open box with old firmware but before first flight I updated all, this is my configuration :

Freeflight 6.3.1
Skycontroller 1.3.1
Anafi 1.3.0 (Hw _03)

I try with an iPhone xs max and second try with xiaomi redme note 5 same error.

Hi, I used my new Anafi only two days. But now I installed the fresh update and total disaster. No GPS sign and only black display. Uninstall/install, reset, magic didnt helped :-( I wrote and I am waiting the answer from the Parrot technical support team for a few days. If there will be no solution I will give back the new Anafi because it is not working with the new Parrot software so I can't use it now (and it was good at the beginning) :-((

Wow a new problem. Anafi is on. When I move the Anafi the camera, gimball is moving, rotating to wrong direction. It was enough for me today, cheers guys.

Wow a new problem. Anafi is on. When I move the Anafi the camera, gimball is moving, rotating to wrong direction. It was enough for me today, cheers guys.
Try with another smarthphone. I think to update tomorrow i have old firmware and app. Not know if with old app but new firmware work but if you want i backup and give the old app.

Last edited:
I had no live video on my second flight today. Not impressed, since I had to buy a new phone to fix live video after the update in September.

I am soooooo glad I don't do updates when they first come out.This one should be fixed in January and I will check again then.

Video feed was working with the last update on my Sony Xperia Z3 but is not working on the current update, just a black screen. I have tried reinstalling, deleting app cache and data, different cables, resetting drone, battery, controller etc but still black screen.

Neither the current version of the app nor the last version have worked with my Xperia XZ Premium either. Has anyone had any joy with the XZ Premium? I'm reluctant to try resetting the phone to find it still wont work.

FreeFlight 6 v6.3.0

Anafi 1.3.0

Skycontroller 3 1.3.1

Update.

I reset hardware the anafi (from the button), after I reseted software (from freeflight), after I recalibrate the drone and gimbal.

After that, I made three flights and all gone very well, perfect stabilization and never lost video connection (600mt away in city center)

I hope I have solved my problems

Continuing on the theme of "No Video Feed" after the latest update.......

Nexus 7 (2013) working perfect 5 mins before update. Once update completed, no video feed, screen stays black.

So just doing some playing around with the video options on the Nexus, just to see if anything would kick in the video feed. What I found is that every time I selected "4k" OPTION, it killed the video screen and dropped me back to the initial startup screen of FF6.

Tried a dozen times, and every time the same result.

Uninstalled FF6 - Rebooted - Fresh install of FF6 and try again..... and again same results.

From the main startup screen i select FLY -> then get presented with the black screen -> press 4k and app resets back to startup screen.

Might be worth some of the others who are having the "Black Screen" issue, trying the same. Be interested to hear results...

Continuing on the theme of "No Video Feed" after the latest update.......

Nexus 7 (2013) working perfect 5 mins before update. Once update completed, no video feed, screen stays black.

So just doing some playing around with the video options on the Nexus, just to see if anything would kick in the video feed. What I found is that every time I selected "4k" OPTION, it killed the video screen and dropped me back to the initial startup screen of FF6.

Tried a dozen times, and every time the same result.

Uninstalled FF6 - Rebooted - Fresh install of FF6 and try again..... and again same results.

From the main startup screen i select FLY -> then get presented with the black screen -> press 4k and app resets back to startup screen.

Might be worth some of the others who are having the "Black Screen" issue, trying the same. Be interested to hear results...

Yes the exact same results on my Android Tablet. (Lenovo Tab3 7")

Took my one for three flights today. 360 effect videos seem good but panorama shots not so sure.
With my Sony Xperia XA2 now when I power down the drone to change batteries the app crashes.
Only way to avoid it is to close the app before turning the drone off.
Otherwise all seems okay.

Anyone have issues with the new Styles? I am gradually going through the new improvements and when I got to the Styles, I wanted to cycle through the new Styles. First one I tried (it was already in the default Natural) was Intense. Turning that on turned my screen to a purple haze color, kind of overlayed on the HUD display. Could barely see anything. (I have a Huawei MediaPad M5 - Android 8. Tried to switch back to Natural Style, but screen remained purple. Had to shut down the FF 6 app and start over. Tried it again with the rebooted App, same think happened when I wnt from the Natural style to Intense style - purple haze!

Also, had several black screens with no video today - had to unplug the usb cable and then plug back in - that worked a couple of times, but once I had to turn everything off and then back on before I could get video. Not problems with flights though and the Panorama modes seem to work pretty good. Here is a tiny planet of a water tower in my town I took a few hous ago. View attachment 634

Attachments

• generated_10000271_TINY_PLANET_HQ haze rem (Large).jpg
    generated_10000271_TINY_PLANET_HQ haze rem (Large).jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 16

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem