Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pre Loading Maps

d95gas

Reaction score
Searched around for the answer but not come up with anything.

If I am in Airplane mode, obviously I cannot grab maps as i am flying, so looking for a way to download the relevant map data prior to flying. This was easily achieved in the Mavic Pro, just not sure how Anafi does it, if at all

Thanks

The latest version of the app has a 'Load Map' button that allows you to preload a map of the area that you will be flying in.

Reactions: dmbrody
As @Liger 1956 says, map caching is built into the app. Its great because it does all work for you (scrolling around the area, zooming in and out to capture different magnification levels).

1. Launch FreeFlight6
  2. On home screen click “Load Map”
  3. Position over target area and click “Prepare Map”
Enjoy as it zooms around and loads maps tiles for you.

Reactions: d95gas
This ‘Load Map’ option that was added to the App is an absolute genius idea !!
The only option I need now is a better resolution for flight plan and support of the iPad mini (it works but layout is not optimized).
... and of course à Raw option for the Auto Bracketing option (I sent an email in French to the support for this one !!)
I have the feeling Parrot is listening to customers ...

Reactions: d95gas and dmbrody
The latest version of the app has a 'Load Map' button that allows you to preload a map of the area that you will be flying in.

Just upgraded on the tablet and I see it now :) I knew I had seen it somewhere, thanks for saving my sanity..... and my hair

Why when I go back to the same area and load map does it download it again? I am not sure if it is storing it. It would be good if there was a way to see what maps were cached, like some sort of boundary or shading on the map view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame