Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Problems with registration in FF6 and with connecting of controller, app and drone

geeseguy

Reaction score
Hi guys, novice pilot here. Got my new Anafi yesterday and fully charged the unit and controller. Downloaded the app on my Samsung S9 and fired it all up. The app gives me an error message each time I attempt to register my Google account (which it identifies) and tells me to try again. It also can't configure the drone stating it can't detect the controller which is powered up and connected properly via the cable. I've since uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with the same **** results. It won't connect and I can't fly..

Pardon my french but what the ****!?

Hi guys, novice pilot here. Got my new Anafi yesterday and fully charged the unit and controller. Downloaded the app on my Samsung S9 and fired it all up. The app gives me an error message each time I attempt to register my Google account (which it identifies) and tells me to try again. It also can't configure the drone stating it can't detect the controller which is powered up and connected properly via the cable. I've since uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with the same **** results. It won't connect and I can't fly..

Try connecting the controller and phone with another USB cable.

Regards, Leif.

How did you make out with either a different cable or trying to connect just to the phone? You might possibly have to enable "USB debugging" in the developer options for the phone to enable it to see a usb device.

OK this might not apply but there is some chatter that you might have to install an older version of the app first (possibly something to do with the newest update?)... Look for an older version apk of the app and install manually (google search for info on that if not familiar...too detailed for a complete explanation here)
Then let that get connected and do whatever updates that might do... then update to the newest app.

"... register my Google accaunt ..." ??
In the app you can register a My.Parrot account.
And better give your thread a reasonable title.

Reactions: IM35461

Turns out you don't even have to log in to be able to use the Anafi. On my tablet I am not logged in at all to my parrot account, just on my mobile phone & everything works fine on my tablet to fly it.

Krusty? It's wrong but try powering up the done first! I'm a fixed wing/heli pilot from 2.4 Ghz & was taught, in the days of 35 Mhz, Tranny first then aircraft? With my BB2 it doesn't always work but if I power up the BB2 first it puts it's network ID on my S7 & I can connect to that! Same thing with the controller I'm fraid!

Try turning the drone on first so it puts it's network ID out?
I don't have any problems connecting to my Anafi, I was answering the original poster, letting them know that they didn't actually have to log in to a my.parrot account to be able to use the Anafi.

I am able to connect to my Anafi either turning it on first or second! With both my controller or mobile (mobile phone & tablet) devices.

Think your names are too similar?
To who elses?

I don't have any problems connecting to my Anafi, I was answering the original poster, letting them know that they didn't actually have to log in to a my.parrot account to be able to use the Anafi.

I am able to connect to my Anafi either turning it on first or second! With both my controller or mobile (mobile phone & tablet) devices.

To who elses?
Someone with the handle of geeseguy?

How did you make out with either a different cable or trying to connect just to the phone? You might possibly have to enable "USB debugging" in the developer options for the phone to enable it to see a usb device.

OK this might not apply but there is some chatter that you might have to install an older version of the app first (possibly something to do with the newest update?)... Look for an older version apk of the app and install manually (google search for info on that if not familiar...too detailed for a complete explanation here)
Then let that get connected and do whatever updates that might do... then update to the newest app.
Thanks for the tip I'll give that a try. Still haven't heard back from Tech support yet.. :-(

Krusty? It's wrong but try powering up the done first! I'm a fixed wing/heli pilot from 2.4 Ghz & was taught, in the days of 35 Mhz, Tranny first then aircraft? With my BB2 it doesn't always work but if I power up the BB2 first it puts it's network ID on my S7 & I can connect to that! Same thing with the controller I'm fraid!
Appreciated the tip but still no luck. The app constantly shuts down and when I manually open it the top left is green and shows "how to connect". I've tried different cables, reinstalling an older version app. I'll keep you all posted when I find out what the issue has been.

"... register my Google accaunt ..." ??
In the app you can register a My.Parrot account.
And better give your thread a reasonable title.
When you first open the app it asks if you'd like to register. I said yes and it showed my google email account. I hit accept and got an error message stating unable to register try again. I know this has nothing to do with the drone operation but simply showing where the problems first occurred. Along with not being able to register (NO BIG DEAL) it won't connect with my controller or allow me to connect using the phone only via WIFI. Obviously I'm frustrated and am completely justified with my title. Got it?

Still no luck trying all of those suggestions. Appreciate your help however and will wait for tech support to eventually contact me.

When you first open the app it asks if you'd like to register. I said yes and it showed my google email account. I hit accept and got an error message stating unable to register try again. I know this has nothing to do with the drone operation but simply showing where the problems first occurred. Along with not being able to register (NO BIG DEAL) it won't connect with my controller or allow me to connect using the phone only via WIFI. Obviously I'm frustrated and am completely justified with my title. Got it?
I understand that you are frustrated.
But a factual thread title (without your emotions) improves your chance to get help and is important to find it later with the search function.
Suggestion: "Problems with registration in FF6 and with connecting of controller, app and drone" (if that hits your problem)

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I understand that you are frustrated.
But a factual thread title (without your emotions) improves your chance to get help and is important to find it later with the search function.
Suggestion: "Problems with registration in FF6 and with connecting of controller, app and drone" (if that hits your problem)
Fair enough and I see where you're coming from. Will attempt a less emotion based post next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut