Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

QC issues?

Saggy

Reaction score
Not sure what to do. Just received my Anafi and all looked really good but:

1) there is no hex key/mounting tool supplied as stated. No biggie, until needed, but irritating & I don't have anything that fits
2) drone doesn't turn off, I have to pull the battery. I saw someone else had this problem. Not sure if long term that will be detrimental to drone or battery so not good.
3) Attach drone to PC using cable supplied. Tried 6x. Get 4x long flashes by all 4 of the battery lights but I cannot access SD card thru the PC to see what I took. Now this is a deal breaker because I feel that SD card fitment is too fiddly and suspect to use on a regular basis. I used the SD card supplied, untouched, I noted the camera was working ok, & saw brief previews on the phone. I didn't notice anything in the manual saying I had to format it [?]

So I arranged to return it as faulty for a refund. Shame because the one tentative flight I made seemed to indicate a really nice product- as carefully researched.

Anyone else had these problems and resolved them?

Are these all 1 offs and I order another or is the QC so suspect that I look elsewhere? Thanks

1) there is no hex key/mounting tool supplied as stated. No biggie, until needed, but irritating & I don't have anything that fits
2) drone doesn't turn off, I have to pull the battery. I saw someone else had this problem. Not sure if long term that will be detrimental to drone or battery so not good.
3) Attach drone to PC using cable supplied. Tried 6x. Get 4x long flashes by all 4 of the battery lights but I cannot access SD card thru the PC to see what I took. Now this is a deal breaker because I feel that SD card fitment is too fiddly and suspect to use on a regular basis. I used the SD card supplied, untouched, I noted the camera was working ok, & saw brief previews on the phone. I didn't notice anything in the manual saying I had to format it [?]

So I arranged to return it as faulty for a refund. Shame because the one tentative flight I made seemed to indicate a really nice product- as carefully researched.

Are these all 1 offs and I order another or is the QC so suspect that I look elsewhere? Thanks

Hi.

1. The Torx key is in the package with the props. But if it is missing from yours, I can not say.

2. You only have to press the power button once very quickly and it should work. Do not try to use the DJI method by pressing once quickly and then again for a long time.

3. Do not be afraid to take out your SD card and empty it directly to your computer. It is wildly exaggerated when some people say that the holder will be broken. In fact, the Parrot solution in Anafi pretty smart because you do not risk your SD card does a fly out to the earth/flor vith the spring when the card needs to be emptied. My card has been taken out about 100 times so far without it has caused any problems.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Philb and Pilotter

To access the files, hook up the USB to the Anafi and PC, then press the power once briefly to turn the drone on. Should pop up then to browse on the PC.

Thanks Leif & thanks Jeremiah23 for your help.

The Torx key was there. So tiny I didn't notice it when I opened the box.
I have finally, 1 time in about 25, managed to turn the battery off. I had tried all sorts of presses. Guess I'll have to get the knack, or this one is a bit defective
Tried again & now 2nd time of trying i could access the SD card from the computer. So i could view the photos. Pretty good considering the size of the camera.

So, with your help, thanks again, I think I'll keep the Anafi and keep learning.
I'll look thru the thread for compatible phones / android tablets as I'd really like a bigger screen than my Sam Galaxy A5, which did work ok tho'

Reactions: Landbo
Hi.

1. The Torx key is in the package with the props. But if it is missing from yours, I can not say.

2. You only have to press the power button once very quickly and it should work. Do not try to use the DJI method by pressing once quickly and then again for a long time.

3. Do not be afraid to take out your SD card and empty it directly to your computer. It is wildly exaggerated when some people say that the holder will be broken. In fact, the Parrot solution in Anafi pretty smart because you do not risk your SD card does a fly out to the earth/flor vith the spring when the card needs to be emptied. My card has been taken out about 100 times so far without it has caused any problems.

Regards Leif.

I agree with your comment on the SD card holder. It's simple and avoids the Jesus-Spring problem (sudden disappearance of small spring-loaded object, eg carburettor jet, with the exclamation "Jesus! Where did it go?").

Reactions: Philb and Landbo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame