Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB

I believe that the comparison with the "de facto" standard Industrial SanDisk card is the benchmark. That is why I've included it.

I did not mention on the card benchmark, but the MacBook Pro card reader is attached to the PCI interface so it is as fast as you can get, and the cards performance are really what is being measured.

I got very similar results, with a very fancy USB3 card reader from Sandisk while connected to a Windows PC, copying several videos (4GB each) to and from the internal SSD drive.

Yes, I've left the Anafi recording 4k video for over an hour (landed of course :) )

And regarding 2) I really don't think 100M cards are required....but YMMV

Sorry not sure I understand. Given that the Anafi is said to write at 100mb/s I would expect that a compatible SD card would need to have write speeds of at least 100mbps...and yet non of the cards (including the "Industrial SanDisk" ) in your benchmark seems capable of writing at 100mbps? So I have to assume that my understanding is not correct.

What am I missing?

Cheers

What you are missing is that the Sandisk Extreme 64 Mb micro SD card will work perfectly in the Anafi! Just go fly. ?

Sorry not sure I understand. Given that the Anafi is said to write at 100mb/s I would expect that a compatible SD card would need to have write speeds of at least 100mbps...and yet non of the cards (including the "Industrial SanDisk" ) in your benchmark seems capable of writing at 100mbps? So I have to assume that my understanding is not correct.

What am I missing?

Cheers

Hey.

You are misunderstanding the figure from the camera's data stream as you mix MB/s or MBps (Mega Byte per second) along with Mb/s or Mbps (Mega bits per second). When you read MB/s with the large "B", the number is in bytes (8 BIT) while when you get the speed in Mb/s the speed is 8 times lower than calculated in MB/s. Thus, the write speed of Anafis camera is actually 100 Mb/s / 8 = 12.5 MB/s which all the shown SD cards can deliver. However, you must expect that your SD card must be able to be written to with a factor of 3 for data from the camera, because other data is also written to your SD card at the same time.

When measuring the speed of an SD card, use a modern SD card reader with connection to USB 3.0 or higher, otherwise you cannot always rely on the measured values being fairly correct.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Jet
LOL, that it explains it....I do know the diff between MB/s and mb/s....I just didn't look at it carefully enough. Thanks for pointing that out. What I didn't know was the "factor of 3" guideline. It does make sense that your SD card would have to be faster than just the video write bit rate.
Thanks for the tip and explanation.
Cheers

Reactions: Landbo
Bits and bytes, bytes and bits......there are probably 4 billion people in the world that still get those two mixed up or type the abbreviations wrong.....like me. :oops:

Bits and bytes, bytes and bits......there are probably 4 billion people in the world that still get those two mixed up or type the abbreviations wrong.....like me. :oops:
We've all been there.... and for me a kbyte is still 1024 not 1000 :)

After a little research (thank you wikipedia) it seems in television and consumer media, 3840 × 2160 (4K UHD) is the dominant 4K standard, whereas the movie projection industry uses 4096 × 2160 (DCI 4K).

Cheers

Last edited:
64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 4096, 8192....I could recite those numbers in my sleep.....but I never learned to count beyond that. 34,359,738,368 bytes? Not a chance! ;) How about 70,368.744,177,664? :eek:

Heh. By the time you are my age your smartphone probably WILL have 40 terabytes of memory. HAL? HAL, can you hear me HAL? Open the pod bay doors please. Pretty please? ACK! ?

SanDisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-I 128GB 100MB/s**667x

New out of the packaging. Placed in Anafi Thermal then chose Quick Format (Recommended) and it worked perfectly.

Reactions: DroningSermon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320