Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD Card Format Issue - SOLVED!

ok so I have that problem too but with a twist...I got a "refurbished" Anafi on Amazon and the 16Gb card is missing (wasn't disclosed in the listing of course) and none of my other cards is being recognized so I can't format them.

Someone said in a YouTube thread that you could just copy the content of an existing card onto a new card for the the new one to be recognized. Is that a fact ? If yes I'd be very thankful if someone could put the basic files (no pics/vids, etc..) on WeTransfer or Google Drive so I can give it a try, thanks !
Have you tried buying a 16GB SD card (from the approved list) and formatting that? It has been reported that the Anafi has no trouble formatting cards 16GB and below. 16GB SD cards are relatively inexpensive so you could buy one to create your own 'good' card.

Once you've got the 16GB working, use the method described in this thread for your larger capacity cards.

Thank you guys for figuring this out.

I took a bit of a hiatus from the Anafi (since last fall) because of this problem and the lack of a histogram. With this fix, and the software updates (incl. histogram) that have been pushed out since last fall, I think I'll work the Anafi back into the rotation.

I can confirm this method worked for the:
  • SanDisk Ultra - 400 GB
  • SanDisk Ukltra - 256 GB

On the first card, I formatted as FAT32 first. After that I got lazy and just did the swap described above with another 3 cards. It worked flawlessly.

Thank you!!!

Since updating to FF6 6.4.2 I have had problems with my micro SD cards not being able to be read by my Mac's, regardless of plugging in the Anafi to read them or using a SD card adapter to read them. I have been transferring to my Linux laptop, then on to a USB stick, then to my iMac. How convoluted is that? :rolleyes:

I just discovered that I can no longer format my micro SD cards using the official SD card formatter any more & that was the source of my woes!

What worked for me was to erase & repartition the micro SD cards in my iMac as FAT32 format using Disk Utility, then following through @CTF1414 's instructions in the first message but stopping at step 7! You need to do a "Quick Format" in the Anafi, if you do a "Full Format" in the Anafi it will not be able to be read by a Mac... :eek:

I now have my collection of micro SD cards all able to be read by my Mac's (laptops & desktops). :)

I saw the same thing. I did find that my windows 7 VM in Parallels could read it just fine. For some reason the Mac shows it formatted as "Linux File-Stor Gadget Media" but Windows 7 says it's FAT32. I'll try your suggestions and I bet it will work. Thanks for the insight!

Morning guys! Hope everyone is well.

I just bought my anafi. It’s a refurbished one from ebay by a genuine seller. Everything works fine apart from (you guessed it) the SD card error.

They inlided a 16gb SD card which doesn't look like the one you get from a brand new anafi meaning I can’t use the instructions above! I have a 64gb SD card (in the list) which I use for my GoPro and when I put this in the anafi I still get the error.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am new to this. Thank you!

Morning guys! Hope everyone is well.

I just bought my anafi. It’s a refurbished one from ebay by a genuine seller. Everything works fine apart from (you guessed it) the SD card error.

They inlided a 16gb SD card which doesn't look like the one you get from a brand new anafi meaning I can’t use the instructions above! I have a 64gb SD card (in the list) which I use for my GoPro and when I put this in the anafi I still get the error.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am new to this. Thank you!
Does the 16GB work in the drone? If it does, then I bet you can get your other card to format just fine.

Nope, the 16gb doesn't work either
Have you tried a brand new 8 or 16GB SD card that is on the approved list. It wont cost you much and once you have one working card, then you can get all the others working.

Hello new Anafi owner here!
I can format e Sandisk pro A2 64gb without problems in Anafi and can use it just fine, the problem is that it is unreadable in my macOS. Anafi formatted as exfat and Windows can read it,
If I format exfat in Mac then Anafi won’t use it... any solution for that? I usually format in the drone and never had issues like this before with my other fimi x8 se that use exfat too.

Not a mac user.

If the quick format option in the app doesn't work you could try the procedure outlined in post 13 of this thread.

Solved,
Formatted fat in Mac then quick formatted in Anafi and both Mac and Anafi can use the card that is now fat32.

Thanks so much for the help on this guys - its been bugging me endlessly.... I made a short video after the full details were posted

Just formatted my Kingston 64 GB card so this must work across most brands. Thank you

Reactions: astrex
Thanks so much for the help on this guys - its been bugging me endlessly.... I made a short video after the full details were posted

Thank you for your post. I tried your method but as soon as I turn off the drone, that formatting page gets closed and I do not see the quick formatting option again. I replace with my desire SD card and choose formatting card but it takes forever to format and never finishes. Any idea on how I can solve this? Thank

Thank you for your post. I tried your method but as soon as I turn off the drone, that formatting page gets closed and I do not see the quick formatting option again. I replace with my desire SD card and choose formatting card but it takes forever to format and never finishes. Any idea on how I can solve this? Thank
Your desired card is?

You no longer have to through the card swapping rigmarole. (An update from a while back.)

If you click on the red SD card symbol itself, FF6 will offer both quick format or full format .

I chose quick. ;)

Reactions: Pari
You no longer have to through the card swapping rigmarole. (An update from a while back.)

If you click on the red SD card symbol itself, FF6 will offer both quick format or full format .

I chose quick. ;)
Thanks for your response. In fact I chose quick and it took forever to process and it never proceeded.
When I put the SD card in computer directly, it shows the drive but when I want to open it through the drone connecting with USB to my computer, it does not read it.

It is ScanDisk Extreme, 128 GB
I am using a San Disk Ultra 64 GB, succesfull
Trying once a San Disk Extreme 128 GB got me also a "no SD card", no format option.
I'd say the extreme may sometimes not be accepted.
But I am not sure if that is not just b/c of the 128 GB!
I usually aren't using 128 for drones, just tried it once.
Maybe I should try a 64 GB extreme, I think I have on of them, somewhere

I solved the issue just now! Quick format was not the answer, Full formatting did the job and now the SD card is read by the drone. :)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I solved the issue just now! Quick format was not the answer, Full formatting did the job and now the SD card is read by the drone. :)
I just wanted to write that I proved myself wrong, this morning.
I couldn't find the 64 GB Extreme, but had a unused 128GB in Hand
It just needed formatting, even "quick" did the job in my case.

Reactions: Pari

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh