Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should I buy an Anafi Thermal today

jbuy41

Reaction score
I have Dji Phantom4 and Mavic 2. I have done over 200 commercial missions doing the inspection, stockpiles, real estate pof the otos, commercial videos and more. Over 100 hours experience. I have my 107 over 3 years and a Ham license for 15 years.. My next step is to go into thermal photography.

After reading about the horrors of the lastest updates, would a new Anafi Thermal automatically update to the latest version? Does a fake gps still work?

If you can afford it I suggest the EVO II thermo. It should be out by the summer.

Depends on what resolution you get. I have heard all the way up to over 9 thousand for the better of the two. No set price yet but it will be very high. The reason I said if you can afford it LOL

Here is a link on the Autel forums about it.

I have Dji Phantom4 and Mavic 2. I have done over 200 commercial missions doing the inspection, stockpiles, real estate pof the otos, commercial videos and more. Over 100 hours experience. I have my 107 over 3 years and a Ham license for 15 years.. My next step is to go into thermal photography.

After reading about the horrors of the lastest updates, would a new Anafi Thermal automatically update to the latest version? Does a fake gps still work?

Do yourself a big favor STAY AWAY from Parrot

Yep stay well away from Parrot and spend your hard earned cash elsewhere. Parrot will take your money and run.

Feel free to buy Parrot Anafi. If you use it properly in CE countries, CE is a good little machine, for that price. I read far less problems than DJI Spark.

Feel free to buy Parrot Anafi. If you use it properly in CE countries, CE is a good little machine, for that price. I read far less problems than DJI Spark.

I like to think that your readings are b/c of far less Anafi sales, compared to the Spark!
"My" drone shop has the Anafi. But since the Anafi came up, he sold lots of Sparks and NO Anafi.
Meaning: There are still Anafis with fw from 2018 available! :sneaky:
(Even I got my Anafi somewhere else: He has/had no "extended" package)

I like to think that your readings are b/c of far less Anafi sales, compared to the Spark!
"My" drone shop has the Anafi. But since the Anafi came up, he sold lots of Sparks and NO Anafi.
Meaning: There are still Anafis with fw from 2018 available! :sneaky:
(Even I got my Anafi somewhere else: He has/had no "extended" package)

Hi do you want to buy mine ?? perfectly working with a range of 150 meters ,

Hi do you want to buy mine ?? perfectly working with a range of 150 meters ,

Very kind offer, thank you!
But since mine is still good for FCC, and I will need to check on that in a CE area,
I will still hold on to my old one. ;-)
Oh? Don't you want to make that offer to jbuy41?

Thailand at least seems to be kind of FCC, I saw a declaration of conformitory for a Inspire: 100mW/2.4GHz / 1000mW/5GHz (!)
And FCC is confirmed by 2000+ meter flights with all my birds.
Last week even with the Anafi

Amazing Ana. I wished I could be so lucky. Is that with the Thermal?

Thanks to all that have responded.

You missed something ...the Problem is that the new FW locked the drone in CE anyware in the world ...

I was relly looking forward to doing thermal. I am canceling the exchange and waiting till the dust settles.

You missed something ...the Problem is that the new FW locked the drone in CE anyware in the world ...
I am relatively certain that THIS is a failure in the new fw!
At least for FCC countries, like USA and Canada.
So my guess is, the next fw update will show up, sooner rather than later.
At least to get the US-Pilots back on the proposed/bought specs.
And that might be a chance for all others, too!

Be very careful, I'd definitely hold off on such a big purchase with the problems with the current firmware.
I am based in the uk and currently on a 2nd hand selling site someone is selling an unpackaged parrot anafi thermal for £1300 not sure of the exact model.
I would be more inclined to listen to the people that have been trapped in CE as that could just as easy happen to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh