Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should I buy an Anafi Thermal today

Ty catkinson, what a shame. The product fits my budget and needs. I guess wait it out and hope the problems are fixed soon.

If you are in a CE environment then this wouldn't normally be a problem, we should all be operating in accordance with the country regulations. And it panics me if I even attempt to go outside VLOS.

BUT, at the moment there seems to be too many "Other" issues with the Firmware. I have been having a 6 week battle with Parrot by email over them locking me to CE. Through logging I can see I am actually locked to FR and not GB as I should be, and I would suspect the others in USA and Canada that are saying they are locked to CE, are in fact locked to FR.

Parrot have just come back to me and asked for evidence of this, which I have sent this evening.

But in the back of my mind, I have this thought that tells me that no matter how much I shout, they are just sticking 2 fingers up and laughing.

I for one am going back to my Mavic Pro, which is totally unlocked, and I fly responsibly within my Country regulations.

I spent my hard earned cash on this hobby, I dont expect the manufacture to start locking stuff down AFTER I paid for it.

Next the likes of BMW, Ford, Vauxhall, etc will be patching our cars when they go into Service, restricting our speed....... How much of an outcry would that be!!!!

Putting my soap box away :)

Reactions: charleslee
I am very worried about the resale value if word gets around about this.
I have only recently purchased mine for £350 but would feel guilty trying to sell it for a similar price knowing what I know about the current firmware it has and the poor range.
If I ditch my conscience and end up trying to offload it I think I'll go with the fimi x8se.

If you are in a CE environment then this wouldn't normally be a problem, we should all be operating in accordance with the country regulations. And it panics me if I even attempt to go outside VLOS.

BUT, at the moment there seems to be too many "Other" issues with the Firmware. I have been having a 6 week battle with Parrot by email over them locking me to CE. Through logging I can see I am actually locked to FR and not GB as I should be, and I would suspect the others in USA and Canada that are saying they are locked to CE, are in fact locked to FR.

Parrot have just come back to me and asked for evidence of this, which I have sent this evening.

But in the back of my mind, I have this thought that tells me that no matter how much I shout, they are just sticking 2 fingers up and laughing.

I for one am going back to my Mavic Pro, which is totally unlocked, and I fly responsibly within my Country regulations.

I spent my hard earned cash on this hobby, I dont expect the manufacture to start locking stuff down AFTER I paid for it.

Next the likes of BMW, Ford, Vauxhall, etc will be patching our cars when they go into Service, restricting our speed....... How much of an outcry would that be!!!!

Putting my soap box away :)

Amen (y)(y)(y)(y)

Firmware 1.6.5 with last Battery Update , SC3 1.6.3, Software 6.6.6
My last flight was 2 weeks ago, so I took the time today for a short indoor flight today with the current versions.
Everything works as always. Streaming thermal, and hovering very stable....

Reactions: jbuy41
Lufthaken? That is "Air Hook" in German. So my guess ....
Air Hook, reminds me on my event times:
"We need a motor/truss right there"
"There, where there is nothing to attach it?
Again, why no one has thought about the box with the air hooks?"

Parrot are aware that there is an issue created by 1.64. Various developers have complained to Parrot as they are developing software for the Anafi using the Parrot SDK, and this bug has broken everything for them.

Parrot responded by saying they are aware of the situation and hope to rectify in the next firmware release.

Developers probably have a little more clout than us minions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh