Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

Battery temperature is not a metadata field in the JSON. I think that it is a standard field in the Airdata .csv file that is filled in with a default value.

Yes very true. Still wonder if that is why it stays at 32 through out the flight but then that would mean it is imperial and I don't think Parrot works in Imperial more like metric

I am trying to help h_elsner in debugging and making his excellent software more user friendly.

Could I please ask people who have downloaded his software and used it to analyse their JSON logs to help as well. Could you please let me know whether you have any values, other than zero, in the columns product_gps_position_error, alert_state and flip_type from your JSON files. All of my JSON files do not have any meaningful data in these parameters so I am wondering whether they are in fact used by FF6.

On mine:
- product_gps_position_error always 0

- flip_type always 0

- alert_state
a) normal flight always 0
b) a small crash (no damage) with a sudden and unexpected drifting back 1m:
last entry 2 (with product_gps_available: false beginning 4 entries before entry of alert_state 2).
c) a mall crash (no damage) ending with drone hanging in a tree after touching foliage:
many values 4, last value 5 (with product_gps_available: always true).

Last edited:
@h_elsner has made a lot of progress on his JSON reading program. The latest version can be downloaded from this link
http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/ShowAnafiLog.zip
If you hover your mouse over the table cells and some titles more information on flight modes etc. should appear. Please have a play with it and let us know what you think.
Many informations to read.
Question: in column alert_state I have the value 4 on a flight, the text of these red cells says "Battery Level Ios".
What does that mean?

This is a typo, it means "Battery level low".

Charts and KML export are working now.

br HE

Alert_state 4 is listed as "Battery Level Low". What was your battery % level when you got the first alert_state 4?

Alert_state 4 is listed as "Battery Level Low". What was your battery % level when you got the first alert_state 4?
During that flight battery was 11% when alert_state 4 came in.
I have other flights with alert_state = 0 with that battery level.
But this was a crash flight without battery warning, alert_state 4 was documented during the last 21 secs before flight ended with alert_state 5 as last entry.
This was a flight in the landing phase slowly moving towards a tree with touching foliage and after a while of shakily hoovering crash with hanging in that tree. There was no damage, so the log runs until the end.
My explanation:
alert_state 4 could be an alarm associated with obstacle contact, partly blocked propellers or flight destabilization.

When the alert_state column becomes 5, Anafi is turned over 90 degrees so the engines stops (crash).

The warning "Strong winds - Be careful, the flight conditions are dangerous" gives no other numbers than 0 in the alert_state column !!!

When flying a Flight Plan, 3 is also written in the flying_stat column as normal flying. I would expect that running a Flight Plan had a number other than 3 !!!

I sense that Parrot has failed to complete their software.

My information is from logs generated by the Android version of FreeFlight 6. I cannot guarantee that the IOS version writes the same data in the same columns.

Regards, Leif.

Does anybody have a log with an alert_state of 1, 2 or 3? If so under what conditions did these occur? Alert_state 3 should be critical battery level but we are unsure what will trigger states 1 and 2.

During that flight battery was 11% when alert_state 4 came in.
I have other flights with alert_state = 0 with that battery level.
But this was a crash flight without battery warning, alert_state 4 was documented during the last 21 secs before flight ended with alert_state 5 as last entry.
This was a flight in the landing phase slowly moving towards a tree with touching foliage and after a while of shakily hoovering crash with hanging in that tree. There was no damage, so the log runs until the end.
My explanation:
alert_state 4 could be an alarm associated with obstacle contact, partly blocked propellers or flight destabilization.

Sorry but I'm pretty sure that alert_state = 4 is the message "Low battery, Returns To Home in < 3 min.".

However, there is no other number in the alert_state column when RTH really kicks in and Anafi starts to flying home.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
@Liger 1956 and @Landbo,

you seem to have a list/table of the meanings of the values in the log columns.
Where can I find this table/list?
Are these informations from Parrot or derived from experience (like collecting infos from many logs, perhaps also from other Parrot drones...)?

@Liger 1956 and @Landbo,

Are these informations from Parrot or derived from experience (like collecting infos from many logs, perhaps also from other Parrot drones...)?

No, unfortunately I have no list from Parrot about what the different numbers in the different columns cover. But I can remember/see in the different log what I have done in that given time and thereby guess what the values should cover.

Regards, Leif.

@Liger 1956 and @Landbo,

The relationship between the numbers in the alert_state column and the actual descriptions have come from a number of data sources. Whilst some are self explanatery such as 3 - critical battry, 4 - low battery and 5 - excessive tilt we do not know the actual values that triiger them e.g. how low does a battery have to be to trigger the critical alarm and what tilt will trigger the excessive tilt alarm so we are looking for the Anafi community to give us some feedback. Also values 1 and 2 are proving difficult to ascertain. A value of 1 appears to be created when the pilot does something (could this be requesting a RTH) and a value of 2 apears to be when the Anafi has shut down. Whether this is triggered when the motors stop in mid air, as has been reportred to happen, or when the whole craft de-energises we do not know. It is still very much work in progress.

Thank you Liger 1956!
So what do you need now?
I think, the best would be to collect JSON files from crash flights or flights with HUD warnings together wirh a pilot's description of the flight problems!?

What are the "number of data sources" you mentioned?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K