Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solaris8x86 views on the Parrot Anafi crash's(5/Nov)

Not direct related.
But It will force land itself accidentially when the gauge is getting low. To you, is crash landing.
Thanks for the reply, that means it will crash for sure if there is a battery physical problem or worn out, and you never can know when it will be, then are there ways to find out these problem ( the low gauge) beforehand? since the "RTH" no more function then we should mark every battery of their shut down "%" and fly back as the "%" is still high (scarifying fly time) but how high?

Zandoli and Ana789 understood me!
The problem is monitoring the firmware voltage.
The issue is whether the battery firmware update is still this error or only since (1.6.5)
Out of (falling) experience, on old fw from 2019, it could/can happen both ways.
My bird was on "the good" fw, still it fell at 20%
The very same battery "survived" a couple of days before that a hover test down to 1 digit %
But my batteries (all of ''em starting that at the same time!) did the "auto discharging", that solaris is describing as "damaged", charging in the evening, in the morning just 90+%, going down to 0 in about 10-12 days

I will say it again; every firmware ever made will have anafi dropping

I agree with Solaris8x86 that the battery physical failure (bad quality) or worn out won't be detected by FW, so the FW updated has nothing much to do with the drone dropping, when the battery getting used for sometime, you batter fly back in high "%" , and never know how high "%" it should be, I mark my batteries with their lowest "%" after landing (not every time, but it shows more or less the same) and carefully watch the high"%" ones, but overall, change a new battery when the low "maximum battery capacity" showed in ff6's drone icon.
Hope Parrot can lower the battery price for their product-loving customers.

Last edited:
This information is confirmed. It's a natural-born issue in the hardware.

Updating firmware won't change anything the result you may have experienced. If people do not follow the Lithium discharnge (3.7v) and storage rules best practise that it is designed for. The crash is just a question of when occuring to all versions of firmware. Including the future versions.

If Parrot accepts the failure and intendsto fix the issue in the upcoming firmware. All they can do is to shorten the flight time down to 10 mins or less. That requires to shift the 0% to a higher voltage in the gauge. Such as at 3.45v per cell aligning to Bebop 2 and Disco. That can be done easily. Even I can do that. No matter of whichever remediation they are going to take. It's too late for most people who have already ruined a considerable no. of batteries on their hands because the damaged to the lithium health is irreversible. So even if they readjust the gauge ratio to a higher tolerantable voltage later. It will only applicable and benefical to brand new battery only.

Fortunately, I treat Anafi only as a tool more than a drone. So I seldm fly it unless I need to take aero footage sometimes. As I'm not an aero filmer. So I'm never affected by its flaw. Even my Anafi itself and all of my batteries in the demo are second handed bought from others with a cheap price. So I lose nothing.

Glad that my Bebop 2 did its job and last for 4 years without any crash just because it is a 3 cells drone and not handled by a smart battery control board. As a result, I could always do both visual and balance checking to its battery cells thru a professional grade RC charger. That keeps its stablity and they has become very stable due to the power source is secured. That brings stablity in a health cycle. Time proven now in 4 years. Good jobs indeed. Drone long lives.

For those who have bunch of junk/ruined Anafi batteries on your hands. I highly recommend you trash them immediately and go get new battery from Parrot or revamp them thru new upgrade LiHV cells from my site. Then strictly to follow the lithium rules thereafter. In return, your drone will be live long and prosper just likes the Bebop 2 does. Of course, you have to face that it would become a "10 minute drone" starting from now. It's not easy to accept but it is the only way to escape from this pain endlessly.
We kept talking to each other, probably because of language difficulties.
In the previous post, you refuted me, you said that this problem cannot be solved because it is a hardware problem.
Then in your next answer you will say what I am constantly trying to say in my previous two posts: By modifying the firmware, monitoring the real cell voltage, you could avoid dropping, but then the flight time would be 10 minutes ...
You refuted me and then told someone else the same thing I’ve been trying to explain for a while:
- Poor Parrot Anafi battery design
- The Anafi firmware does not show the charge on the actual voltage tab
- Many people fall from the sky around 20-30% due to the unreal charge
- By firmware repair and calculation of real values, this could be avoided, even at the cost of leaving less in the air.

I quote from an earlier post that you did not accept as correct:

"Unfortunately, you are not right! If Parrot writes the firmware well, we would not notice the decrease in battery health not by the bird falling out of the sky, but by the failsafe RTH starting much sooner and coming home before something goes wrong. ..
It is true that there is nothing we can do, but Parrot can.
Or we can do that we fly little (43%) and buy a new battery from you (or Parrot).
I agree that it is poorly designed, but could still be improved with the right firmware: It would display the real cell voltage and come home even sooner, thus saving battery life. If you had a choice: fewer flights or a sudden stop in the air, which one would you choose? I also The first ... "

You wrote: "I don't think we should further discuss this 100% physic oriented crash matter any more."

And a quote from you after rejecting my answer:
"If Parrot accepts the failure and intendsto fix the issue in the upcoming firmware. All they can do is to shorten the flight time down to 10 mins or less. That requires to shift the 0% to a higher voltage in the gauge. Such as at 3.45v per cell aligning to Bebop 2 and Disco.That can be done easily.Even I can do that.No matter of whichever remediation they are going to take.It is too late for now people who have already ruined a considerable no. of batteries are in their hands because the damaged to the lithium health is irreversible. So even if they readjust the gauge ratio to a higher tolerable voltage later. It will only be applicable and beneficial to the brand new battery only. "

I maintain my claim: The fall from the sky. 20% charge with indication, software error!
The Anafi firmware must know how much charge is in the battery and bring the drone home accordingly if necessary.
This is exactly what makes any other smart battery-powered drone ...
If you have an outdated battery, you will need 10 minutes after the flight, but you will still need to bring home the drone of the firmware!
Early battery aging is a design flaw, but a crash is a software flaw.

Azt hiszem, hagyja abba az állításokat, vagy több önmagyarázatot a művekről, és ne próbáljon semmit sem bizonyítani semmi alapján.

Leesett, miatta 6,1v alatt volt. A 6.1v a minimális feszültség az anafi alaplapon. Ez a feszültségérték keményen kódolt a rendszerben. Ha nem éri el a 6.1v-t vagy annál magasabb értéket. Csak leállítja önmagát. ez a játékdrón alapértelmezett előre meghatározott szekvenciája. Ez nem százalékos dolog. Ezt már a videó is kimondta. A 6.1v követelmények.

Amikor leesett. Mindkét sejt együttesen nem rendelkezett 6.1v-vel. De a 3.0v vagy lehet, hogy csak egy kicsit több. Mivel az egyik cella a kikapcsolt feszültség alá esett = halott. Inkább áramkimaradás vagy közvetlen áramkimaradás volt. Tehát esett.

Mindezen "összeomlások" eredménye nincs közvetlen vagy közvetett kapcsolatban a százalékkal. Éppen akkor kapcsolták ki, amikor az egyik cellaelem fizikailag lemerült. Ekkor a feszültség nem érte el az alaplap által megkövetelt maximális bekapcsolási állapotot. Ez minden.

Ami sok az sok. Csak ne előzd meg magad. Az állításod nem megfelelő, semmit sem alapoz, 100% -ban nem bizonyítható saját elmélettel, pusztán találgatással, semmiféle gyakorlati bizonyítékkal, semmit sem hallgathatunk tőled.
Csak annyit teszel, hogy csak egész napos álomból teremts pletykát.
How do you prevent, say, a DJI drone from crashing with a depleted battery?
So that the firmware monitors the battery voltage and when it reaches the programmed minimum value (taking into account enough power for the trip home) it starts the Failsafe RTH operation.
Why doesn't Anafi do that?
It is clear from your video that the voltage value will be at a minimum soon, but the firmware will then show 23% and will not trigger an "automatic landing".
These are not theories, this is exactly what your video showed.
The Anafi does not take into account the actual voltages and this leads to the battery becoming so empty that it can no longer power the motherboard and it turns off in the air.
This is a software bug at its best. Poor battery design is the basic flaw, followed by a firmware flaw that doesn’t address this weakness, it masks it, and Anafi is already crashing!

I will not even that silly to pretend I know how a DJI drone crash without checking and verifying to its data. And spreading the rumor everywhere irresponsibly to public.
That's the major different of attitude in between a faker and a creator.

You see, the way you make up the story already have a pattern here even you don't notice. You even believe all the fiction parts in your story does exist in reality even if you never have had any access to the drone's system. All your facts are based on a guess.

If you really that like to tell fake story in public. Just go to some elderly care centers or kindagarden centers. You will have a lot of audiences. To truth science believers. You have no market. Don't even stand a chance.

Copycat, afterall.
Are you not only arrogant but also jealous?
You can only be right here because you discovered something ...
Everyone knows that shutting down and crashing Anafi is a software bug. You have proven that Anafi does not handle the stronger voltage drop associated with battery aging well.
Anafi’s firmware would have a duty to protect it from crashing by launching the failsafe RTH.
I have described this many times, to which you have never responded with facts, but with sarcasm and speaking by its side.
What you say in the video I understood, but what I say you don't want to understand, and you don't even react to it the way it should ...
Explain why you are not evaluating the firmware based on the actual voltage. Why let the drone crash with a charge above 20%?
We understand that this is happening, but why is it happening (we do not mean aging) but that it does not take into account the dropped tensions ...
If you do not respond to these with normal arguments, please consider this irrelevant.

I'm not the one who supposed to listen to you. It is Parrot.

Expressing anything to me is meaningless. You're just making self explanation to yourself and expecting others to listen to you on top of other people's work. You have no practical work delivered, ever. All the words coming from your mouths are assumptions, guessing without your own case or data to proof yourself. You are just an observer. Nothing more. 3rd person. I doubt, why should I care you?

They should be thanking you on their knees. I also want to thank you for providing insight and data. I would never want to land it under 30% in case something goes wrong but anyway, never had a single crash so I am a pretty good pilot IMO.

As for me, my Anafi got exchanged in may 2020 after it didn't recognise landing anymore and kept spinning (no crash ever).

I knew I have to store batteries around 50% voltage if I am not going to be flying so that is what I did with my replacement Extended version; I only flew them to about 50% when I would land so that I could safely store them for one or two weeks without flying and not needing to worry about the cells being damaged. for every flight session: 3 missions around 12 minutes for me was enough.

I am very happy that I am accidentally doing the correct battery management!

If anyone is interested I am able to mod FF6 to log battery voltage to the phones logcat. Might be useful to test your batteries under load.

Currently only voltage, looking at adding battery level which should be do able !!

View attachment 5058
This is super!
Percentage of charge extracted from the flight log, comparable to this time-stamped charge. Are you putting this FF6 somewhere?

I would be very interested. Where is the logcat stored on the phone (I use Android). Also is it possible to log each cell separately?

As we are dealing pre-compiled libraries the only thing that I can retrieve is total battery voltage and battery alerts.

Let me try and see if I can get the battery level logged, and I will put a link to the modded FF6 in my special edition thread.

You can either use an app on the phone to read/save the logcat, or my preferred is grab a copy of the platform tools binaries from Android Studio.

Once the phone is connected to the computer, from a command prompt in the platform-tools folder - you can run the following command to save the logcat.

adb logcat > logcat.txt

Then you can filter or search the file logcat.txt for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave01