Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solaris8x86 views on the Parrot Anafi crash's(5/Nov)

Nice attempt ! Congratulations !

I’d be curious to know the flight time you can obtain with this kind of setting.
My concern is the capacity of the 2 cells instead of the 4 initial cells, that risk to lead to a shorter flight time than expected.
Hopefully, the gain on weight can counter-balance that.

As soon as you can test it in flight, can you share your thoughts ?

Reactions: Anafi6Fimi
Pity I cannot fly my newly swapped battery as yet, cause Anafi is still with Drone Nerds.
Here are some more progress photos and the almost finished product (need to seal the casing back up).

Weight before some hot glue and epoxy, 105.6g.
Onto the next one!
The Pulse 1350mAh 100C LiHV 15.2V 4S battery
each cell has a capacity of 1350mAh. If you take two out of it, the remaining 2S will drop to 7.6V, but the capacity will still be only half of the original 2700mAh. It would only be 2700mAh if you connected it to a 2P system, but then the voltage would be half of what was needed (4.35V) This package would only match the original in the 2S2P configuration.
With this 2s battery, approx. It will fly for 10 minutes. The bigger problem is that BMS is not going to work well because its internal program is still counting at 2700mAh.

The Pulse 1350mAh 100C LiHV 15.2V 4S battery
each cell has a capacity of 1350mAh. If you take two out of it, the remaining 2S will drop to 7.6V, but the capacity will still be only half of the original 2700mAh. It would only be 2700mAh if you connected it to a 2P system, but then the voltage would be half of what was needed (4.35V) This package would only match the original in the 2S2P configuration.
With this 2s battery, approx. It will fly for 10 minutes. The bigger problem is that BMS is not going to work well because its internal program is still counting at 2700mAh.
Reduced flight time for sure. I will monitor the voltage using the modded app until one can design a case for a thicker battery(I am considering taking up that challenge).
Or when Solaris' shipping rate to the US reduces.
Solaris' batteries are still the better option for anyone with easier access.

Reactions: Anafi6Fimi
Here is a quick concept which may work.

-it must not make the case any longer (to keep the USB charge circuit attached to the battery board)
-increase height for the extra thickness of the additional 2 cells (keeping in mind that USB circuit flex cable)
-add grooves

Epoxy and glue should do the rest.

The battery case will be cut between the power button mechanism and the locking mechanism.
Only the rear part of the case, past the locking mechanism, will be raised
The adapter will be added in the area shaded in orange.

Attachments

• Anafi battery.jpg
    Anafi battery.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 22
  • Anafi battery adapter.jpg
    Anafi battery adapter.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
I can vaguely recall someone removing the case to bring the weight down. Not sure if it went down to below 250g though.

Here you go
The problem is that the factory data of the drones matter at the time of registration and not their actual weight. No one will weigh the drones individually.

Here is a quick concept which may work.

-it must not make the case any longer (to keep the USB charge circuit attached to the battery board)
-increase height for the extra thickness of the additional 2 cells (keeping in mind that USB circuit flex cable)
-add grooves

Epoxy and glue should do the rest.

The battery case will be cut between the power button mechanism and the locking mechanism.
Only the rear part of the case, past the locking mechanism, will be raised
The adapter will be added in the area shaded in orange.
I have a 3D printer and I can design. The problem is that my batteries are still good and I don’t want to disassemble yet. If I grow old too and have to take it apart, I’m planning a new shell for it.
Or if you undertake to make sketches of the parts that can be built into the battery by measurement (to the nearest tenth of a mm), I can design it and you can print it out. This would require the size of all panels and cells. The height of the LEDs due to the cutouts. I can measure the dimensions of the original battery from the outside, but not the inside.

I had some extra time this week. Worked on my battery mod.
It was initially unsuccessful. The charge board was disconnected a long time ago, but based on Solaris' instructions should not have been.
Grabbed another old battery, and this time appears to be a successful mod.
The old cells I may use with my FPV goggles, depending on how healthy they are.

I'm considering wrapping the whole battery with clear shrink wrap, then cut out the bottom shrink wrap(to allow the battery to easily slide in its slots) . What do you guys suggest?

I will try flying my headless Anafi (removed the gimbal) with this battery when it is fully charged.

My Anafi is headless because I did not see the value in paying US$399 (same as a refurb) to get it fixed by DroneNerds and end up with no extra parts.
I was given the option to have the diagnosis fee waved and sent back to me, only paying the shipping cost.
I will wait for when a deal comes up.

Attachments

• IMG_20210304_133050.jpg
    IMG_20210304_133050.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210304_213419.jpg
    IMG_20210304_213419.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I had some extra time this week. Worked on my battery mod.
It was initially unsuccessful. The charge board was disconnected a long time ago, but based on Solaris' instructions should not have been.
Grabbed another old battery, and this time appears to be a successful mod.
The old cells I may use with my FPV goggles, depending on how healthy they are.

I'm considering wrapping the whole battery with clear shrink wrap, then cut out the bottom shrink wrap(to allow the battery to easily slide in its slots) . What do you guys suggest?

I will try flying my headless Anafi (removed the gimbal) with this battery when it is fully charged.

My Anafi is headless because I did not see the value in paying US$399 (same as a refurb) to get it fixed by DroneNerds and end up with no extra parts.
I was given the option to have the diagnosis fee waved and sent back to me, only paying the shipping cost.
I will wait for when a deal comes up.
Nice work Zandolli - very creative work
thanks for sharing your efforts

The mod-batteries he is selling seem a bit expensive and its almost like he's trying to scare us into buying them?

I've only had one true "fall out of the sky" and that was on fairly new batteries. My recent issue was autolanding at 70% battery and unless i'm missing something this video doesn't cover that?
I don't like either that he is treating us like "children".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut