Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stuttering Pan

Thanev

Reaction score
Hopefully I am missing something simple here.
I having dropped my ISO to 100 and lowered my framerates with ND filters,do I want higher or lower shutter speeds to keep panning from playing back with what I refer to as very noticeable stuttering...confused.

How fast are you turning? You need to pan pretty slowly to prevent stutter on the Anafi due to the image stabilisation - I feel it's one of the Anafi's weak points.

Barely any stick movement on low rotation setting.I notice it as well when the gimbal points downward and I move forward/backwards...

I had this initially too, but found that recording at 4K, with a fixed ISO of 100, a frame rate that is as close to half of the shutter speed as is humanly possible (sometimes a variable ND filter is needed to do this) & exposure then locked off (AE Lock) got rid of it for me.

I had this exact same issue. VLC playback was stuttering on panning movement, and I assumed this was the footage itself - it seems to have actually been the player, worked fine on Windows Media Player.

I’ve been testing ND filters and before I started editing, I dump the files on a USB stick and play them on the tv... yes I have a 4K 65” and that definitely helps lol... but this shows me how good it looks - before I stuff around with it on the pc!
I find it often looked better on the tv than through a $1K graphics card on an i7 pc!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut