Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Testing ND32 PL Filter

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I wanted that natural motion blur but was not happy with the results. Perhaps the wrong filter for the day. Still learning I guess. :) Anyways some fall time footage. No moose or deer, only crows.

As i understand it, using ND filters to slow the shutter speed is for moving subjects like flags, runners, bikers, motorcycles, etc. I suppose if the Anafi were close to the ground and moving fast, some blur would occur, but that is probably not what anyone would want. Next summer I will repeat my flower field videos with ND filters to see if I can get some cool blurry effects. There was some wind and the flowers were moving in those videos, but not all that much so I think if I waited for a windy day there would be too much drone movement. Hopefully the Anafi will still be working next summer! :oops:

As i understand it, using ND filters to slow the shutter speed is for moving subjects like flags, runners, bikers, motorcycles, etc. I suppose if the Anafi were close to the ground and moving fast, some blur would occur, but that is probably not what anyone would want. Next summer I will repeat my flower field videos with ND filters to see if I can get some cool blurry effects. There was some wind and the flowers were moving in those videos, but not all that much so I think if I waited for a windy day there would be too much drone movement. Hopefully the Anafi will still be working next summer! :oops:

While ND filters / a slow shutter speed will let stuff go blurry, for filming, the purpose is to achieve the 180 degree rule.

ie shutter speed at double the frame rate.

See Shutter Speed, Frame Rate and the 180° Rule for the meat and potatoes

Last edited:
lovely footage! but like you said the blur is a bit to much. Photography is confusing enough...... and then you have video :unsure:

I noticed the same effect of blur during rotations ... you have to go slowly if not ... yuck.
Superb atmosphere, beautiful country.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53