Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Using TeamViewer To Edit Way Points On Your Computer

Very nice helpful video, can see a need for teamviewer when i get a computer. Unfortunately, I’m only using an iPad and iPhone for flying several drones.

I did purshase the Anafi Flightplan yesterday onto my iPad, understand the app purshase applies to one device only if memory serves me right. So I choose the iPad due to its bigger screen and put together two different flightplans both flights went off perfectly, and in a river area thick with oak trees. Was amazed how precise waypoints were from auctual location, and knowing the terrain plays a great part preventing the Anafi from flying into a tree.

Overall was impressed using flightplan for the first time, so much to learn and appreciate you and others sharing their experiences.

Paul

Reactions: mapusik
Hi Paul
I know once you buy it for the Android systems you can have it on as many phones and or tablets that you like. Not sure if iOS works this way but I would think it should. Worst thing that can happen is it tells you to buy it again.

Hi Paul
I know once you buy it for the Android systems you can have it on as many phones and or tablets that you like. Not sure if iOS works this way but I would think it should. Worst thing that can happen is it tells you to buy it again.
Hello Agustine,

Thanks for sharing with an Android system it’ll work with many phones and tablets, I didn’t know that. When my iPad/iPhone service contract expires, going back to Android and by then I’ll have a computer as well.

Yesterday, with the Anafi flew another flight plan was easy to setup and this time got a little more daring creating a flight path flying between large oak trees and thick foliage. Then, as the Anafi is maneuvering though this foliage and trees it’s maneuvering over a river. I’m going to enjoy creating more flight paths in the future, endless possibilities very exciting.

Also attached a small tracker to test out, the Anafi can handle small weight but it will definitely shorten Battery life, this tracker knocked off about 6-8 minutes of flight time but had no problem carrying the tracker Anafi maneuverable was still great.

When I was done exhausting three Anafi batteries, wanted to try the flight plan feature with the Mavic 2 Pro. One thing I found out quickly, the Anafi flight plan feature is much easier with the Anafi and doesn’t require the controller or drone to be on. With the Mavic 2 Pro, drone and controller need to be on and drone be hovering, once the M2P was hovering I could open the flight plan feature and create a flight plan, that’s that down fall of Mavic 2 Pro flight plan the drone needs to be hovering which burns up battery.

Luckily, Mavic 2Pro Battery has a long flight time but still was disappointed couldn’t create a flight plan with the controller and drone off as with the Anafi flight plan app. But after creating the Mavic 2PRO flight path with its way points it flew great no problem was very good and enjoyable to use.

I’ll attach couple of pics with the Anafi carrying the tracker, occasionally I use this tracker on my Bebop 2 and Mavic 2Pro on long flights when disconnects can occur. Three times, it’s saved a Bebop 2 landing further away from its last known connection.

Thanks again for the informative help!
Paul

4552D639-F401-4EA7-B5EE-E003D2358165.jpeg989274B0-6B93-4E89-BEC4-9E3AC9F3EB07.jpeg

Cool, I had a Trackimo a few years ago. Had to send it back because back then they only had ones that operated on 2G and my network had upgraded back then to 4G and the trackimo would not send info.

Be careful when making your flight plans that you don't get into a spot you might lose GPS.
That might not be a good situation to be in.

Hello Agustine,,

I am fortunate my provider in my area is still using 2G for the Trackimo, so far good but eventually they’ll probably cut this service. That’s when I’ll switch to 4G and purchase another tracker,

Yes indeed, I’ll be careful with future flight plans. One auctually started to loose video feed but I quickly took over and brought it back. Was in an area thick with trees, controller was restricted wasn’t a clear signal area.

Thanks!
Paul

Very nice helpful video, can see a need for teamviewer when i get a computer. Unfortunately, I’m only using an iPad and iPhone for flying several drones.

I did purshase the Anafi Flightplan yesterday onto my iPad, understand the app purshase applies to one device only if memory serves me right. So I choose the iPad due to its bigger screen and put together two different flightplans both flights went off perfectly, and in a river area thick with oak trees. Was amazed how precise waypoints were from auctual location, and knowing the terrain plays a great part preventing the Anafi from flying into a tree.

Overall was impressed using flightplan for the first time, so much to learn and appreciate you and others sharing their experiences.

Paul
After purchasing Flightplan for iOS you may download the app onto both your Pad and iPhone.
I was expecting to design the flightplan on the ipad and then transfer the file to the iPhone but unfortunately that functionality is not currently available for ios.
I also have a Galaxy Tab S2 and surprisingly the Flightplan app for Android only costs $0.99 as opposed to $17.99 at the Apple store. The Android os seems to be more flexible in terms of the transfer of flightplan files to other Android smart phones, even though I have not yet tried it.

Well, I have found that Teamviewer will actually work on my laptop Win 7 and my new Samsung S9+! Wonderful! I have been setting up complex Flight Plans and been having fits trying to edit many points close together as well as altitude and azimuth....SO much easier on the PC! ?

just watched your video tutorial and downloaded and installed the necessary software... worked like a charm with my Galaxy S8+.... :cool:

Are you actually flying the Anafi using the Dexpad? If so then what is the lag like on the big screen?
Also it is recommended that you turn on Airplane Mode on your phone/tablet when flying but, as I understand it, you cannot do that and also use Teamviewer.

Very Useful solution to make and edit Flight Plans !!!

For SAMSUNG USERS (my phone : Samsung S8+) :
Unlock your screen !! ALWAYS ON DISPLAY set to OFF

It took me 2 hours to figure out why even though there was a connection I could not see the mobile screen on the Pc.

Last edited:
I just tried to set it up, but TeamViewer on PC tells me my phone won't let it connect.
Any Tipps, why that is happening?
OnePlus 7T, Droid 10

I just tried to set it up, but TeamViewer on PC tells me my phone won't let it connect.
Any Tipps, why that is happening?
OnePlus 7T, Droid 10

1. First you must see Agustine's video. Very detailed and useful.
2. You MUST UNLOCK YOUR PHONES'S SCREEN, during the connection, read your phone's manual.

1. First you must see Agustine's video. Very detailed and useful.
2. You MUST UNLOCK YOUR PHONES'S SCREEN, during the connection, read your phone's manual.

That's not the problem!
My screen is unlocked, I can control/see my computer/s desktop, just the other way round it won't connect more as file transfer or chat!

Actually, to do flight plans on phones or tablets is the reason for me, for not having tried it much.

Litchi for DJI is so much more easy/fun!
Haven't tried BlueStacks yet, for installing FF6 on my PC, but if TeamViewer won't open up to me, I may have to check that box!

So, any other idea, why my phone rejects the remote request from the PC, but the other way, it will work?
Can a VPN(firewall only) be a problem?
Don't see that, since the other way is also 2 way traffic!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar