Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"vertical camera failure" after crash

Christoph

Reaction score
Hey guys + merry Christmas,
I managed to crash during the 3rd flight and I got some problems since that.
Propellers are all fine, just some light scratches.
When I try to connect, FreeFlight 6 shows the message "vertical camera failure" and doesn't allow to start the drone.
Yet the camera appears still to work, I still see the live transmission on my phone, also the gimbal still works correctly.
Any idea, how to solve that?

Hey guys + merry Christmas,
I managed to crash during the 3rd flight and I got some problems since that.
Propellers are all fine, just some light scratches.
When I try to connect, FreeFlight 6 shows the message "vertical camera failure" and doesn't allow to start the drone.
Yet the camera appears still to work, I still see the live transmission on my phone, also the gimbal still works correctly.
Any idea, how to solve that?

Sorry to hear about your accident. The vertical camera is located under your Anafi and is used to stabilize operation at low altitudes together with the GPS and the ultrasonic sensor. Furthermore, it is also used for precision landing. You can look in the manual where it is located.

I don't think you can do anything but send your Anafi to an authorized repairer or directly to Parrot to get fixed the problem, assuming your accident was a pilot error. If you start separating Anafi yourself, you lose Parrot's 1 year warranty.

Lighter scratches on props can hide small cracks so beware !!!

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Christoph
Hi friends, my anafi showed me same message today and was not possible to fly, I have not crashed it, I only updated the app to fly. I attach the print screen (Spanish version)Screenshot_20181225-125928.png

Hi friends, my anafi showed me same message today and was not possible to fly, I have not crashed it, I only updated the app to fly. I attach the print screen (Spanish version)View attachment 707

Now my Spanish is not what it should be, but I would write to Parrot if I got the same message in English.

I have heard of several who get that notifieding after updating the firmware. I don't know what goes wrong.

Wishing good luck, sincerely, Leif.

I got same message after last update, but a simple reboot of everything and its flown fine with no errors. Seemed to a bit more stable as well.

I have reseted the drone to factory features, erased the app and installed it again but nothing, my drone doesn't take off, can you explain exactly what you did? please

I have reseted the drone to factory features, erased the app and installed it again but nothing, my drone doesn't take off, can you explain exactly what you did? please
All i did was turn everything off, and then restart. I'm sorry it's not working for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut