Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Warranty?

Scottfore

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the latest firmware update? I have lost TWO Analfi USA's to something odd under the hood and Parrot seems to be ignoring me. One of my birds bounced violently while landing and damaged a prop. The propeller post is now loose and will not allow a prop to be tightened, thereby negating control. The other seemingly works fine until I point the camera downward and then the drone begins to violently shake. If I gimbal the lens back to horizontal it settles. Has been over a month and nothing....NOTHING from either Drone Nerds or Parrot other than, "we'll get back to you". In the meantime, we've bought a DJI Mavic Zoom. So, far...very impressed. If Parrot, et al, doesn't do something this week, it's "lawyer time". Not what I prefer, but their warranty response is so unprofessional I believe I have no other solution.

Not the service you would expect from a company selling $7000 drones. The only thing I can say in their defense is that they probably need to get the drones back to their offices before they can make any determination. It doesn't help if they aren't providing a clear path to do so.

Not the service you would expect from a company selling $7000 drones. The only thing I can say in their defense is that they probably need to get the drones back to their offices before they can make any determination. It doesn't help if they aren't providing a clear path to do so.
I would certainly expect that....what I'm getting is "we'll get back to you"...and its been a month since I reported the problem(s)...its impacting my bottom line. I would have thought they'd have a streamlined process for determining the problem with a clearcut solution...not so, so far.

Wow, I am in awe but not surprised at all.

I had two "fall from sky" events on an Anafi and Anafi Thermal.
I too had a terrible warranty experience and the vendor was no help whatsoever.

I only got my Anafi Thermal replaced because of a higher up at Parrot intervening. And even then Customer Support was horrible even in following the orders of the higher up.

At work we were looking at a new thermal drone and it came down to the Anafi USA and the Autel Evo 2 Dual. In pure terms of capability we chose the Evo 2 Dual, but right off the bat, we dismissed the Anafi USA due to my horrible experiences with their Customer Service.

I love the new Anafi AI, but I could never purchase one as I know that the Customer Support is lacking. I thought that the Anafi USA would be different as this is where Parrot has shifted in terms of Enterprise solutions. But it seems that even in this realm the Customer Support is not up to the task.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Parrot's drones and I really hope they continue to do well as their platforms have such promise. But until they realize that beyond making great drones and innovating, the lack of a true Customer Support system is going to keep them from the coveted repeat customers.

We are now looking for a solid photogrammetry solution and once again I would love to recommend the Anafi AI to my boss, but until I see concrete reforms in how they deal with issues that are covered under warranty I will not be buying another Parrot drone.

My rant aside, I still do love flying my two Anafis and do find them to be perfect for several things I do.

Come on Parrot, give us the full experience and treat us the customer correct, you have such promise with your products.

I thought that Parrot had moved customer support to the end seller for the enterprise products!?!

I thought that Parrot had moved customer support to the end seller for the enterprise products!?!
This is what Parrot seems to be conveying. But, when I called my vendor they were no more help than Parrot Support. I still had my case dismissed over not having a flight log on a drone that lost power 200' + AGL and fell to its death. In this scenario there would be NO flight log available until the drone turns on again, but it can't due to be totally "destroyed". If us Anafi users know that a flight log will not be available in these scenarios, then Parrot knows too.

I have moved to a different vendor for myself and also at my real job due to their non help in the above mentioned scenarios. It wasn't as much as they could not rectify the situation as they too played a game of not replying to emails and not being able to state in an email if they are the one responsible for my warranty claim. I have no time for games from a vendor that I spent big money with myself, and also had started to use at my real job that could of potentially been much more money.

I can only hope that if Parrot really does start to make large profits, they can move more resources to Customer Support and honoring their warranties. To me it just seems like they do not have the resources to support their products at this time. I also hope that Parrot occasionally monitors this forum to get a pulse on their customers. They do monitor Youtube as the video stating that the batteries are causing the "fall from sky" was responded to by Parrot. We really need a well known drone Youtuber with a large amount of followers to address this issue, as I have no doubt Parrot would have to respond as they responded to someone with a good content video, but lacking the subscribers and name recognition.

I too have had a terrible experience with parrot warranty.

They kept asking v for i for like serial number, photos and an explanation as to what the issue was, i gave them everything they asked for, to which they said the logs showed a crash report, ii formed them it was a failed hand launch onto long grass and everything g was fine after that, the issue I had occurred happened 6 months after the reported 2 sec crash.
Parrot issued a fault ref number a d then nothing, ghosted me, not even replying to any emails now!!!
This is the last parrot I will ever buy, mine is the thermal anafi, issue is that the thermal is not registering any temp readings and not matter what palette is selected its always in black and white, rgb camera works fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame