Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What size SD required for 2 batteries of 4K and full resolution pics approx?

MrQ11

Reaction score

Rather than swapping would be better to get a size that can use for 2 batteries, and then don't need to swap using the easily breakable SD slot. Would just use cable from Anafi to computer to save removal after flights as well.

Thanks

I’m calling out the easily breakable. It’s not. I find the slots on my many other products often difficult to grab the card and I’ve had cards pop out in the field from the spring loading.

With the Anafi, battery off, gentle slide back and flip over Anafi over open palm and I safely get my card every time. I have little finger tip dexterity so I prefer the ease of this old school gate latch. Yes the cover can come off but only if you quick and forceful with it. It’s easily popped back on.

Considering my most expensive camera has a now failed spring slot - C23 camera- that is now needing tweezers to use, I’m not so confident in the alleged superiority of the spring type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree 100% with CraigCam. Many people posting for help on how to get their cards out of a spring loaded card holder. The clip inside or the spring fails and your screwed. This system has been used for years and its simple design is very forgiving and will last you a very long time.

A 64 Gig SD card would handle that easily. 25 minutes of 4k at 30 fps is 17.25 gigs. So 34.5 gigs for 2 full flights. In actuality, unless your terrain is all safely landable you would probably want to bring the drone back at around 15 % battery level for a margin of safety.

I bought this one: Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme Pro MicroSDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 64GB + Adapter: Computers & Accessories

And I used this procedure to install it: SD Card Format Issue - SOLVED!

I probably will never open the card holder again! There is one small downside, and that is it takes longer to transfer files than if you pulled the card and put it directly into the computer's card slot.....if it has one. Having become more patient in my old age that is not a problem for me. ;)

Reactions: MrQ11
My card slot always stays closed as well and I recommend that.
I have a 128 GB card and download single photos or short videos over the app (Wifi) and more over USB.

Thanks, I think anything will break if treated bad...! Maybe is better than the spring type suppose thanks.

Yeh would always bring back at least at 20%, 64Gb should be ok then, 17Gb x2 (full res) and then pics, pano etc should be plenty space thanks.

I agree with the opinions that the Anafi's SD card holder may look 'old fashioned' but I find it works well. I remove my SD card frequently and put it in my PC using the SD adapter - have had no problems with this.

I actually got a 128GB sandisk card as it was on a special deal at about 20 GBP and have been happy with this, although it's much bigger than I really need. Just nice to know I have plenty of space if I went away on a long trip without a laptop handy.

I'd say 64GB is plenty for the average user, and in fact you may well find that you get much more careful with *what* you video in due course. I quickly discovered that a 20 minute video is usually very boring, and of course will need editing (a lot). Just record highlights, and then you have less to store and less to edit!

Thanks. True what say but for the price difference may as well get enough or over, and not worry.

Agree a lot of the videos do get boring, but I find just hitting record and forgetting and then edit out chunks is easier, if stop/starting there will be a time when you miss something or forget to start it and thought had.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut