Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wide angle lens for ANAFI

jason38

Reaction score
Hi guys,
All is in the title..
Do you know if there is any existing wide angle/fish eye lens compatible with parrot anafi?

I have never heard of one. The Anafi is one of the few drones where the propellers are not in shot so why would you want a fisheye lens, with the inherent distortion, where the lens may see the propellers?

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Nope not heard of anything at all, maybe a little project for someone to adapt one of those mini lenses they use on phones..... But personally not something I would use.

If you’re wanting to take fisheye type stills you could take a look at the Parrot Bebop or Bebop2. These use the same electronic stabilisation as my Parrot Disco wing and when a picture is taken in DNG format it uses the full sensor producing an image 180 degrees both horizontally and vertically.

Unfortunately neither of these models will work with the Anafi’s SC3 controller.

Nidge

Multiple shoots is definitely the way to go !

If you had a way to clip a wide angle lens ... you would see the arm and propellers of the Anafi in the resulting image.

Hi guys,
All is in the title..
Do you know if there is any existing wide angle/fish eye lens compatible with parrot anafi?
It's pointless, so it's not available. If you fly high enough you can see everything at once. From a height, everything is too small, which is why the zoom option has been developed to enlarge the image rather than reduce it at a wide angle.
I’m also sure that a heavier lens can’t even hold a gimball, unnecessarily risking it failing.

Thanks for your answers, I take a look a little bit late... ;)
I wanted to use a wide angle lense to shoot sport footage , like mountain bike or bmx, from a position "near" to the rider... Before my anafi, I owned a mavic pro and it was more easy to manually pilot it and get a smoothy motion, as parrot made a really strange way to control the anafi, with presets....anyway ,I tried to get a compromise within drone speed and smoothy motion via preset but didn't get satisfying results....
But it's not a big deal, I'll abort my projects to film sports with drone, except if they sell skydio 2 in europe ...one day maybe? ;)

I’ve been up on several forums, but I’ve never heard such a wish.
The lenses of the drones have a slightly wide viewing angle by default. If you fly high the whole landscape can be seen. If you go farther from the object you would record, everything is also visible. Wide angle of view is desirable in cases where it is not possible to go further than the subject. For example: indoors, in tight spaces. this is especially needed for handheld cameras.
This is not necessary for drones, because there is a movement with the sticks and everything is already in the picture. In addition, the rotors of most drones (with the exception of Anafi) are often seen in the alp position ...
There is a much greater need for a zoom lens, as this allows you to shoot high-flying with less disturbance

Yep I agree with you, it was in case of filming a close and moving quick subject, under trees and between dirt jumps, so in a tight place for a drone. Thats why I wonder if a wider lens could exist, even if the angle is not such wide , like a fish eye or phone lenses... 120-150°could be enought for me, even if there's a risk to see propellers in camera sight..
But I know that's a very specific way to use a drone, and it reaches the limits of a drone use... and I also see that it's not available after deep searches on internet and all your answers... not that bad guys, thanks for your help!! ;)

I was shooting a dance routine in a warehouse yesterday. I could have used a wide angle attachment as the ceiling limited my shot. We got great shots but it did lead me today to check if anyone had developed a wide angle attachment for this type of drone. I agree most of the time this would be a useless attachment that could cause issues but on the rare occasion it could be fun.

I was shooting a dance routine in a warehouse yesterday. I could have used a wide angle attachment as the ceiling limited my shot. We got great shots but it did lead me today to check if anyone had developed a wide angle attachment for this type of drone. I agree most of the time this would be a useless attachment that could cause issues but on the rare occasion it could be fun.
It's a very rare case that you have to use a drone in a building... High noise levels, lack of GPS reception, etc.
I still maintain my opinion: zoom is much more important, because the angle of view is wide by default and sometimes the details are too far away from high altitude. Nowadays more and more drones can zoom because of the high resolution (high pixel count) sensors.
If you really need one, DIY one. There is such a tiny lens for the DJI Osmo Pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento