Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Winter is Coming

Gadget Inspector

Reaction score
I have always been reluctant to fly during the winter, but I think I'm ready. I know what some of you will think about this.....Trust me, I'm not trying to rush things, but it's right around the corner. Summer came late and seems to be leaving early here in Michigan. I'm excited to do some flight plans because I have a really cool spot with tons of trees and a river, so I'm seeing a time lapsed fall to winter video in my future. Have you done anything like that? If so I'd love to see it.

@Agustine can tell you all about his experiences while flying in the winter. I believe there is a thread about it somewhere in here.

I have flown in winter but winter in the south doesn't get anywhere near what you guys get in Michigan. Personally I prefer flying in the cooler weather because summer is ungodly hot here and I don't like to sweat my *** off while trying to enjoy my hobby!

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
There are many different kinds. Even ones with a small heat strip LOL
I got these from Banggood,

I fly all the time down to about 15 F that is my limit with my Parrot and DJIs never had any real issues. If the snow is deep I just put 2.5 foam balls on legs {2" on Anafi) also useful if it goes in the drink.

I have always been reluctant to fly during the winter, but I think I'm ready. I know what some of you will think about this.....Trust me, I'm not trying to rush things, but it's right around the corner. Summer came late and seems to be leaving early here in Michigan. I'm excited to do some flight plans because I have a really cool spot with tons of trees and a river, so I'm seeing a time lapsed fall to winter video in my future. Have you done anything like that? If so I'd love to see it.
Hi from Minnesota

Winter is coming indeed. Take some video snowmobiling or just out on the lake. I just make sure my sc3's battery is wrapped with hand warmers. The drones battery seems to do pretty well even at 0 Deg F.

I captured 3 seasons and melded them into a video. Just one more season to add.

I live within 1 hour from you. I have seen your flights! Great Mount Baldy Video! PLEASE, PLEASE DO SOME WINTER FLIGHTS! I learned with my Bebop 2 up north on an Iced over lake. It is GREAT.

As long as you can get some distance, you'll have a blast.
It's great if you can walk out on a frozen lake and fly from there.

Reactions: cryoman83
I fly from office window all the time when it get below 20 deg works fine i use flight plan or manual . Range is still limited to about 400 to 500 ft from inside still within LOS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood