Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Just Went Crazy

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Well its my turn.
Just had my Anafi go crazy when I started a dolly zoom. Half way through it just started going crazy and took off. Full battery and both GPS where green. Before flight I did a compass calibration and it was successful. Last known location is in thick 40 foot trees with 3 feet of snow. No way to find it in there. Tried the beeper and heard nothing where it said it should be. Tried to reconnect to it but nothing so I am guessing battery got displaced. No last flight log so I'm guessing I am out of luck on this one. Sent off a email to Parrot support with all my info and what happened. Lets see just how they handle this one.

Sorry about your loss.
Do you think that all of the failures are related to the cold weather here in the Northern Hemisphere?

Yes the sad part is the flight log never got uploaded so this should be interesting dealing with Parrot about this. I know one guy his went into a private lake where he could not retrieve it and they wanted his RC back before sending a new Anafi. Maybe there is some kind of flight log stored in the RC. No idea. Actually it was very warm today hovering around 32F. Like I said no idea why. Just knew I could not control it as it took off. Video kicked out I guess as it smashed into a tree someplace.

I'm sorry for the incident. Even if it does not mean anything, i wanted to ask about which wifi channel you are using..

Out of curiosity how many flights did you have since last anafi reset

I'm sorry for the incident. Even if it does not mean anything, i wanted to ask about which wifi channel you are using..

I have always just used auto. I have never had a problem with disconnects here in Canada.

Out of curiosity how many flights did you have since last anafi reset
This would be just a guess but I would say at least 10-15 from their last firmware update for Androids.

When it got to the top of the dolly zoom it was uncontrollable. From where it said it should have ended up is 605 feet away but with the snow and tall trees is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. The last message I saw on the screen was the motor failure message.

Thats a first anafi flyaway i have read about......in a past to stop flyaway we had to turn off skycontroller,loss of signal would trigger RTH and bypass all te crazy stuff that was going on inside drone,,...bunch of us was very busy on former parrot forum,we collected all possible info to find what triggered crazy things in parrot....there was a time 1.5 year ago when we had countless cases of bebop 2s suddenly dropping down for no reason(i am seeing it again with anafi)...fix was reseting bebops after update even though bebop did it on its own,that solved most problems....i have swings,mambos,bebops and anafi and i make sure to do reset every 5 fights,it clears catche and gets rid of all old info accumulated in bebop/anafi.....in anafi case i am seeing another pattern,in every case where anafi dropped down temp was around 30 F....it would be nice if you could fine your anafi,it would be really awesome to find out what was cause of flyaway

Could it have something to do with flying over snow?
"Due to the operating mode of its vertical camera and ultrasound sensor, Parrot recommends you do not fly ANAFI over water and other reflective surfaces (mirrors, glass, and so on)"

I am charging my Autel X-star batteries tonight and plan to fly just above the 40 foot trees to see if I can capture any sightings of it. If it fell to the ground I am afraid it will have to wait till spring to look again as the snow is soft and fluffy and anything falling into it disappears. :( I did not see any indentation when I went and looked for it so I am thinking it is hung up in a tall tree near where it said it should be. Again, like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Reactions: cheetah2k
Could it have something to do with flying over snow?
"Due to the operating mode of its vertical camera and ultrasound sensor, Parrot recommends you do not fly ANAFI over water and other reflective surfaces (mirrors, glass, and so on)"

Taking off from a landing pad that is orange in color and rising to 60 feet to do a dolly zoom I highly do not think that is a problem.

I'm sorry man. Hopefully, Parrot can find a resolution for this runaway bird. I've flown mine a few times in the cold weather.....so far so good.
I am charging my Autel X-star batteries tonight and plan to fly just above the 40 foot trees to see if I can capture any sightings of it.
Lol, maybe, I shouldn't get rid of my XSP yet, just in case.

Ya I am pissed about it. Not many of us can afford to just lose a bird. Mine was over $1000 bucks Canadian back in July. I'm not a beginner in this hobby but it still hurts. Figured out this thing cost me $5.50 per day and gave me a lot of enjoyment.. I quit smoking long ago and they used to cost me $8 bucks a day. Seems like I got a good deal even if Parrot does not come through.

I am charging my Autel X-star batteries tonight and plan to fly just above the 40 foot trees to see if I can capture any sightings of it. If it fell to the ground I am afraid it will have to wait till spring to look again as the snow is soft and fluffy and anything falling into it disappears. :( I did not see any indentation when I went and looked for it so I am thinking it is hung up in a tall tree near where it said it should be. Again, like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Argh a shame. :(

If you can't find your Anafi in the tree, look for a single black hole in the snow. Good luck on finding your Anafi.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
If in fact it is in the snow that was the first thing I looked for as the GPS showed me I was getting close. No Anafi tracks I am afraid. Lots of deer and squirrel tracks but the Parrot left no tracks in the snow making me think it is somewhere up high in a tall spruce tree. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the X-star up in the air to take a look from higher up.

Yikes! Hope you find it, it's a lot of hard earn cash to lose one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame