Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi worth keeping, if stuck in CE mode

You are wrong! I just saw a video that a CE mini can be switched to FFC with a Fake GPS. One instrument has been tested and works!
But that needed some time, to find the loophole.
And is more difficult, as with GO4 DJI's.

Also I am still hoping that someone finds the key for freeing the Anafi, too.

It is just a smaller community, for Parrot drones!

It is also illegal to use illegal radio frequencies or transmission power.

If your Anafi only flies 200m, then it is broken and you should contact the manufacturer or place of purchase for warranty

Oh, havent watched the video, but title says US-Mini flies in CE, .....

But I think I have read somewhere about trying to switch CE to FCC is on the way.
Thats why I'm holding back on buying
Aside "no litchi yet"
Which should come in april or may

Last edited:
It is also illegal to use illegal radio frequencies or transmission power.

If your Anafi only flies 200m, then it is broken and you should contact the manufacturer or place of purchase for warranty

Parrot don't give a **** on the range. The customer support is terrible.
And we don't need a police man here, there are many on facebook.
Here we help each other, don't judge on assumptions

Parrot don't give a **** on the range. The customer support is terrible.
And we don't need a police man here, there are many on facebook.
Here we help each other, don't judge on assumptions

in Holland you have consumer law; go to your place of purchase, make the contract void. Show them the website, and show a screen recording of your parrot only flying 200m, preferably not doing illegal activity. They will have to take back the drone and then you can buy a DJI drone which lets you fly anywhere and use illegal transmission power of 2.000 mW and fly for 20km over any airport of your choosing

in Holland you have consumer law; go to your place of purchase, make the contract void. Show them the website, and show a screen recording of your parrot only flying 200m, preferably not doing illegal activity. They will have to take back the drone and then you can buy a DJI drone which lets you fly anywhere and use illegal transmission power of 2.000 mW and fly for 20km over any airport of your choosing

Not very good advice about flying illegally. Taking it back is OK but advising someone to fly illegally is not acceptable.

Not very good advice about flying illegally. Taking it back is OK but advising someone to fly illegally is not acceptable.

In The Netherlands (Europe):
- using anything other than CE transmissions is illegal
- not flying line of sight is illegal
- flying altitude over 50m is illegal
- flying distance over 100m is illegal
- flying less than 50 distance to persons or buildings is illegal

I am pretty sure 97% of this entire Europe forum-people is people either bragging about, or begging how to fly illegal.

@Test2000 - Are you having another bad day? Just relax do something therapeutic meditation or yoga perhaps.
Don't let all these master criminals with their Anafi's get to you so much, I've heard soon they'll be introducing the death penalty for such behaviour so once they are caught you can rest assured the world will be once more a safe place.

You need to read, what you point on. Before you grouse about:

• Houd voldoende afstand tot gebouwen (advies: minimaal 50 meter)
  • Houd voldoende afstand van personen (advies: minimaal 50 meter)
  • Houd voldoende afstand tot treinsporen, wegen en water wegen (advies: minimaal 50 meter)
  • Niet hoger dan 120 meter vliegen vanaf de grond
  • Je drone altijd in het zicht houden, je mag dus niet met een FPV-bril op vliegen.
  • Vlieg je drone niet verder dan 500 meter bij jou vandaan.
I google translate that (your link!) for you:

Keep sufficient distance to buildings (advice: at least 50 meters)
Keep sufficient distance from people (advice: at least 50 meters)
Keep sufficient distance to train tracks, roads and waterways (advice: at least 50 meters)
Flying no higher than 120 meters from the ground
Always keep your drone in sight, so you should not fly with FPV goggles.
Do not fly your drone further than 500 meters away from you.

How did you come up with this?

I have to give you the first one. And the second!
but the other stuff ....?

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab

I am pretty sure 97% of this entire Europe forum-people is people either bragging about, or begging how to fly illegal.

With all the new regulations we all are facing soon it is not a good example if you encourage people to fly illegally. What they do on their own is not your concern but it is my concern that they get the right information to make the right decisions and your not helping by telling them to fly illegally. Take this as warning.
15. The Community Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations.

2020-03-13 (2).png
Private drone use
Flying drones for recreational and / or private use is allowed in the Netherlands. However, you do have to follow a number of rules. To summarize this briefly, the rules are listed:

-Keep sufficient distance to buildings (advice: at least 50 meters)
-Keep sufficient distance from people (advice: at least 50 meters)
-Keep sufficient distance to train tracks, roads and waterways (advice: at least 50 meters)
-Flying no higher than 120 meters from the ground
-Always keep your drone in sight, so you should not fly with FPV goggles.
-Do not fly your drone further than 500 meters away from you.
-Advice: Make sure you have third party insurance and whether your own insurance covers damage.
-Do not fly within NO-FLY zones or fly 3KM near (small) airports.
-Only fly within daylight period (not at night).
-Drone may weigh a maximum of 25 KG.
-Do not fly for a commercial purpose.

2020-03-13 (3).png

Commercial drone use
Flying drones for business (professional) use is not allowed in the Netherlands. Professional flying with drones is only allowed if the company has the correct papers and is in possession of a permit. This license, also known as ROC or ROC-Light, can be requested by the drone company itself from the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT or ILenT). The exemption comes with regulations and restrictions.
ROC or ROC-Light
In the Netherlands we have 2 different options, a ROC and a ROC-Light. Read on to learn more about these types of permits.
ROC-Light
ROC-Light is also popularly called the mini drone scheme. What are you allowed and not allowed as a ROC-Light holder?

-Flying up to 50 meters high
-Drone may not exceed 100 meters (horizontal)
-Always keep the drone in sight
-Drone must weigh less than 4KG
-50 meters from buildings, people, roads and or obstacles
-Only fly within daylight period (not at night).
-Not in a CTR

What @Test2000 told is wrong.
Different rules apply to commercial use and recreational use.
The only rule i broke is that the wifi will send more mW out.
And nobody dies from that.
Do you really do everything alive according to the rules?

Reactions: Liger 1956
With all the new regulations we all are facing soon it is not a good example if you encourage people to fly illegally. What they do on their own is not your concern but it is my concern that they get the right information to make the right decisions and your not helping by telling them to fly illegally. [...]

I don't think that he (test2000) wanted to do that.
He was a bit oversarcastic, methinks

beause he's more pi..ed about people who doing so, in case I understood this right:

[...]

I understand that everybody wants to fly multiple kilometres over houses/gardens near airports in no-fly areas, but Anafi just ain't it for you. Actually I'd rather have those people stop using drones altogether as they force countries to create even stricter laws.

If you really want to do illegal stuff with your drone, GTFO and stop destroying my hobby

We can give him some credit, I think!
;)

Edit: At least in this topic, since it is to get around the fw-CE-limitation.
And not just for the US and Canada, am I right?

I think "MR Test2000" has not done any real reading in the subject of "Recreational Flying of Drones", certainly most of what he stated is wrong for most of EU.

Did he not come on here day 1 all gun's blazing on day 1.

I think CATKINSON80 is right, and some therapy or meditation is required :rolleyes:

Take this as warning.
15. The Community Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations.

CE mode in Europe is illegal so...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame