Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any custom skins for the Anafi+Controller?

I had a go at wrapping it myself a month back. Looks cool although it felt and looked a bit more unstable than before. (it's just some leftover car vinyl wrap that I cut into strips)

Reactions: Anafi-Brad
The disappointing part for me so far in relation to all of the skins I have seen is that none of them get applied underneath! What's with that? We look up at it in the sky, surely the makers of these skins should have worked that out by now! :unsure:

Anything to help make it more obvious & easier to find in the sky would be great, in my eyes.

Interesting article on contrast and visibility

Model aircraft visibility - making them easier to see

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Interesting article on contrast and visibility

Model aircraft visibility - making them easier to see
Thanks for the link @Thanev . It was an interesting read. I don't know that it would really work on the tiny Anafi though. Contrast patterns need to be big to be effective, especially as they get further away. Just an observation from my graphic design days.

The article I finally linked to with the suggestion of luminous green being the most visible to our human eye is based on the physics of the eye structure:
It’s a green that reflects with a 555-nanometer wavelength, which, according to the U.K. National Physics Laboratory, is the point at which the greatest number of cones of your eye are stimulated the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanev
I have never been into "skins", but I am finding the Anafi hard to spot in some situations where a skin would help. However, if I ever do get a brightly coloured skin I will only apply it to the front areas of the Anafi. This will make it easier for me to identify which direction the Anafi is pointing. Even if I can see the direction from the OSD, the angle of rotation is not always easy to judge.
Regards
Douglas

Reactions: RedDeviluk
@Drbgaijin This was the idea I had, rather than covering the whole Anafi, just covering the front part. Got the idea from another user on here and looked effective. Hence why I ordered the Hi Vis Red ..... Fingers crossed

I would be interested in hearing from people that have fitted a skin to their Anafi regarding the durability of them. Do they start to lift on the edges after a while either due to the curvature of the Anafi or due to mechanical damage e.g. putting the Anafi back into it's carrying case.

Reactions: KayKay and Thanev
My skin arrived, but as of yet I have not had the chance (due to time) to install it. I am hoping to either make a start this afternoon, or take the whole lot with me whilst I am away next week, and do the install in the hotel one night. Will post up pics and my thoughts once completed.

Mighty Skins
e6e74d2ecee940795f34d4ec38d9e7fb.jpg

Reactions: C. Mudgeon
I would be interested in hearing from people that have fitted a skin to their Anafi regarding the durability of them. Do they start to lift on the edges after a while either due to the curvature of the Anafi or due to mechanical damage e.g. putting the Anafi back into it's carrying case.
Mine are still in good form, no peeling or lifting at edges.IMG_20190420_173603_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20190420_173550_Bokeh.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilippB