Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best Battery Charger?

It’d be a hard pass for me for anything that bypasses the protection circuts intended to be used for charging - it’s not just the balance part, it’s the overvoltage and temperature that concern me.

Having balance is good for the battery life overall, but balancing won’t compensate for charging faster than the battery is rated for or overheating the battery and not dropping that charge rate for a bit when it heats up the battery.

A charger that skips the USB charge port and loads the battery directly will work great to charge quickly right up to the point where it destroys the battery and catches fire/explodes.

Charging lipos is not the place to skip steps in my opinion. If you need a battery charged to 100% faster than what the USB chargers do, you need to buy a second battery ( and charger ). Boom, instant 100%. But with, uhh, no impending boom.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/20xiioC

Reactions: Ratmir
Buy Battery Charging Station from China
Unfortunately, it is also without balanced charging.DSC00872.JPGDSC00874.JPG

It’d be a hard pass for me for anything that bypasses the protection circuts intended to be used for charging - it’s not just the balance part, it’s the overvoltage and temperature that concern me.

Having balance is good for the battery life overall, but balancing won’t compensate for charging faster than the battery is rated for or overheating the battery and not dropping that charge rate for a bit when it heats up the battery.

A charger that skips the USB charge port and loads the battery directly will work great to charge quickly right up to the point where it destroys the battery and catches fire/explodes.

Charging lipos is not the place to skip steps in my opinion. If you need a battery charged to 100% faster than what the USB chargers do, you need to buy a second battery ( and charger ). Boom, instant 100%. But with, uhh, no impending boom.

It's not that dramatic.
The Charger we are talking about charges without balancing but with limited current and with voltage control. Charging is stopped correctly at max. voltage of a 2C battery, like all external LiIon chargers would do. So no boom.
But of course you are right: charging with USB-C and "smart" internal electronics is safer and better for the Anafi battery.

MC Cases are awesome...... I have one for my DJI Mavic, and best bit of money I have spent..... Will be purchasing one for the Anafi. Superb service and delivery times direct from MC Cases as well.

Reactions: pmh1nic
I too use Anker PD wall warts but have not timed them...3 hours maybe?

I carry an Anker PD portable brick but cannot recall if I have used it on the Anafi yet or not, sorry.

I would recommend a charger that has at least one USB-C PD port like this one:
... because USB-C PD gives you the fastest option to charge Anafi's battery.

I would recommend a charger that has at least one USB-C PD port like this one:
... because USB-C PD gives you the fastest option to charge Anafi's battery.
Then I'll need a cable that has USB C on both ends? I added that charger to my cart, appreciate it.

I think the charger with the multiple USB-A outlets would be the preference since it still utilizes the Anafi smart battery technology. I have the charger that bypasses that circuitry (my charger is similar to the one shown in post #42). Through five charging cycles I haven't noticed any heating of the batteries (heating would be a sign of an issue with the charging) but time will tell if charging the batteries this way has an impact on life/reliability.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood