Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Control with an average smartphone / adapt video feed resolution ?

Jean-Marc

Reaction score
Hi,

I had in mind to dedicate an average smartphone to the Anafi controller, especially in removing all what is not needed (quite all the apps I can disable except Freeflight6 of course).
But it seems like "average" smartphone is not enough to bear the video live feed (images freeze).

A nice option that I did not find in Freeflight6 would be to lower the video feed resolution (426x240 for instance) in order to decrease the amount of data to be transmitted by the drone and processed by the smartphone (without impacting local videos and photos recorded by the drone) - as what counts to me is to grasp the overall video feedback (what the drone sees), not the details.
That would also give higher distance capability and better interference proofing.

Did I miss something or this is not possible for now ?

Thanks

Phones can be quite average, FF6 is not as performance hungry (aka coded bad) as DJI GO for example.
But NO you cannot adjust the video feed resolution.
The bandwidth is decreased automatically but depending on reception, NOT on Phone Performance.

Ender

I have used an old nexus 5. An iPhone 6s.and a Samsung galaxy s9. All work equally well.

My Wiko Rainbow Jam 4G is completely freezing.
My Samsung A3 (2016) is "just" fine (some freezing sometimes).
But beyond that why imposing a high res while low res could do the job (limiting transmission volume and display processing)...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator