Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video feed freezes after 1 minute

Since recent update I have experience similar issue with video feed, freezing, stuttering, lagging - with solid Wifi connection
Not to the degree you're having though. This is with a drone that had been grounded since February due to being locked out of FCC mode
Originally though it was camera failing but recording on sandisk is fine
It has happened on two separate phones & different cables - different degrees
I have a spare controller I have not tried yet so need to do additional troubleshooting steps
Odd it has happened in very close proximity to me, but have not spent much time and just a few flights
I did do a couple screen recordings
I'll report back once I can perform additional testing
So i did some additional quick testing -
I think my video issues may be related to doing screen recording, something I had not done in past
I still need to test & confirm that when I can get to an open field after Covid lock down is lifted
I don't want to push my luck

So i did some additional quick testing -
I think my video issues may be related to doing screen recording, something I had not done in past
I still need to test & confirm that when I can get to an open field after Covid lock down is lifted
I don't want to push my luck

Ok let us know - if you want I use AZ Screen Recorder (the free version) on my SGS8+ with no problems, maybe try that see if you get the same freezing issue.

Thank you....
I have an iPhone 6 and 6S so just using the built in screen recorder
When I have some free time I'll post a couple of the recordings for feedback

Do you need to fly the bird, to test that?
If the phone can't deal with screen recording and livestream, you could test with a connection indoors, I think!

Do you need to fly the bird, to test that?
If the phone can't deal with screen recording and livestream, you could test with a connection indoors, I think!
I was able to do some more testing today outside - and yes it seems to be the screen recording that is impacting the video feed to phone
At least is is much more pronounced - Its as if it drops frames, meaning it's jerky and livestream
Recordings on sandisk is fine - so am not too concerned and can live with it
Suspect that the phone is just under powered to deal with processing
I'll double check to make sure nothing is running in background using up available resources
Thanks and best

Try reducing the quality of the screen recording, if the app allows that.

"This is with a drone that had been grounded since February due to being locked out of FCC mode"

What does that mean?

Meant I have not flown it much since the 1.64 FW upgrade locked it into CE mode and had very poor Wifi range.
The recent FW release corrected that issue :)

Now that people have easy access to FCC mode, it turns out the difference is not THAT great, I will do my own testing but sad to hear that CE makes it unusable for some people

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut