Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Down the Line, what improvements do you wish to see with the Anafi assuming we get a sequel to it?

Better transmission !!! So sick of wifi issues ! And more stability when not moving. Less crop during video, using more sensors, or even an option between wide/ normal 4k

Reactions: Thanev
Ability to move the home position on the map, with appropriate warnings and safeguards etc.

For several reasons, the best place to launch under full control is not necessarily the best place for the drone to land itself if control is lost. Hopefully this could be a software only change.

Come to think of it, with the apparent lack of innovation in camera modules in these few years, perhaps a dual camera setup for the next ANAFI.

The thermal model shows this is possible...

1. It would be really cool to have an emergency cell inside smart battery which will allow the drone to fly - let's say for 30 secs - in order to be safely grounded when the battery is fully depleted.
2. Better battery info, as mentioned already by many others Cell voltage, tempreture, Cycle info etc
3. ON / OFF switch for Skycontroller.
4. Better Tablet support for SkyController (without the need of extra accessories).
5. Distance info from Take off point when the phone/tablet has no GPS hardware present.
6. When someone wants to playback a recorded video in freeflight it would be useful to have a low res option in order to have a brief idea of the video without wasting time to download a full 4GB! file.

Last edited:
To me.. it’s almost perfect for this price point... maybe a DNG only option...
A permanent histogram in FPV view...
A stable and easier software (example in Flight planning with a tighter zoom level)
Maybe focusing on a rock solid stability and not adding new features (even great such as FPV)
— Edit — ... oh, I forgot, cheaper extra batteries !!

Last edited:
Ability to map controller buttons, including to one or two GPIO pins for lights etc.

I suppose in the coming years most drones, smaller sizes included, will get sensors to prevent collisions, be waterproof (at list weather proofed), and other security features, maybe to retrieve them after a fly away. I'd take that.
Also think real time Youtube and Facebook upload, that could sell more than most technical improvements ? I don't need it.

To my taste, I'd like the same bird, with small improvements. Most point already figure in previous posts :
1. Camera is fine, but I'd appreciate a slightly better IQ, at least in the periphery of the image. Maybe a larger sensor (same resolution) and better optics. Optical zoom, only if the end result is less IQ loss and more power !
2. Drone :
a. hand landing is not always straightforward, and you need to force it to the side to stop it
b. stronger micro SD holder, or slot, even with the same concept there are stronger versions
c. (legs and their fixation,and gimbal, all look weak, but some flexibility doesn't mean they really are..)
3. More robust controller design :
a. USB plug is a joke, if you lay the controller on a flat surface with an average phone mounted, most weight is applying a force on the plug ! that would be easy to correct
b. many smartphones just won't fit, too thick or buttons on the side, and the phone holder could be more secure (I don't know exactly how, but I'd bet someone could)
c. on/off switch (more complex if you keep the open/closed switch) and removable joysticks would be nice
d. the command to rise/lower the camera should be proportional, now it's just up/down no matter how far you move it. Pushing it fully should lower the camera faster than just pushing it slightly
That said, most of todays options are fine, controller feels right in the hand, and the screen above hands position is more natural than the opposite !
4. Software :
a. selection of all the video and photos options in Flight Plan app, too
b. save a position/altitude in flight (when hovering) to use later in FP
c. PC software to run Flight Plan, grids would be top ! but then you need to handle all the photos, stitch them together, etc., make it more expensive than Android Flight Plan, if needed !

Bigger battery would most likely mean a whole new design, and accusync is useless in Europe for a small drone (you are not allowed to go further than visual, so...).

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to fly a DJI phantom 4 Pro v2 and Mavic Pros. They are really interesting birds (things are better, others are very questionable).
But there are good ideas that could easily be inspired (pun intended) from DJI :

- The battery status : in a menu, you can check the status of each LiPo battery cell and check if there is a ‘balance problem’. I guess one problem with the Anafi is when the 2 cells LiPo are unbalanced, due to an old battery or poor operating condition maintenance, there is a risk of ‘shutdowns’.

- On DJI drones, they feature a ‘magnetic interference warning’. I had one when I tookOff from a concrete place dedicated to industrial storage where the zone must have been reinforced by metallic wires. I checked the zone with a handheld compass an there was more than 90° differences. Anafi does not warn you and it is also a potential flyaway risk.

- They look ‘robust’, and on the Anafi they worked on the legs, weight... for the FPV version. I’d love if they could work on the wire attachments of the connections of some elements (gimbal head to frame, bottom sensors...) that Look fragile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut