Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FF6 6.7.0 update and firmware 1.7.3

Yes,
I fly in Italy. I believe there might be an issue on how the M8 is being programmed (configured) by the new FW running on the uProccessor. I use the M8 for other applications. You need to be careful on which constellation you specify to get SBAS corrections. I have all 3 constellations over my head. Since I'm in Europe, I program all my M8's to use the Galileo constellation (EGNOS) for SBAS. In theory, I only SHOULD have the EGNOS SBAS system available in Europe. But I've seen some leakage of WAAS into these receivers, causing strange jumps, for example. I'm not sure if this is what is happening. But we all agree, that this FW UPGRADE is a train wreck.

I recorded the abrupt loss of SATS that is precisely desctibed by others in this forum.

Also, I've attached a side by side comparison of my updated ANAFI vs one that has FW 1.6.8

Finally, have you noticed that the LED light remains ON !!! ..sucking needed electrons from the battery.
What were they thinking??? Very disappointing.
Corrupt link insertion. The correct link is:

Reactions: MustangPhil
that is on a metal structure?
Hey there. Yes. A 100m "metal" research vessel. By the way, the new FW from Parrot on Dec 8th fixed the GPS status issue. Obviously, it was an unwanted "feature" everyone was experiencing and nobody liked. Regarding the metal vessel, with the new FW release, Parrot decided to be very conservative with interference from hard iron effects. When I'm flying off these vessels, FF6 almost always requests a quick compass cal. Still, it deems the conditions not satisfactory for waypoint following, which is inconsequential to me, since I need to manually fly, fighting with winds and the vessel usually moving at 2-3kts. It's challenging...and requires a thick cotton glove for grabbing the bird out of the air when necessary, which is about 50% of the time. The captain of the vessel does not always cater to the drone pilot's need. The trick for a successful flight off these platforms is to quickly get away from the hard iron distortions....you go vertical quickly and off the side of the ship asap.

So, at the moment, it appears all good with the new FW upgrade.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
UPDATE ON GPS IDIOSYNCRASY: Appears fixed by FW upgrade on Dec 8th. They acknowledged the "bug".

ANAFI 1.7.6​

• Synchronize your flights with Skyward.
  • FreeFlight 6 light interface for the Security Edition drones.
  • Improved GPS lock indicator and magnetometer alerts.
  • Fixed issue where the video resolution was reinitialized to 1080p after rebooting the app.
  • Improved stitching of the 360 panoramas

UPDATE ON GPS IDIOSYNCRASY: Appears fixed by FW upgrade on Dec 8th. They acknowledged the "bug".

ANAFI 1.7.6​

• Synchronize your flights with Skyward.
  • FreeFlight 6 light interface for the Security Edition drones.
  • Improved GPS lock indicator and magnetometer alerts.
  • Fixed issue where the video resolution was reinitialized to 1080p after rebooting the app.
  • Improved stitching of the 360 panoramas
Don't rejoice too early, there are more weird bugs .. What will be fixed in the next firmware, the new bugs will be fixed in the next ..
This is how it has been since 1.6.3 (I've stayed on this and everything works with what others are suffering from)
  • Synchronize your flights with Skyward. (I don't care)
  • FreeFlight 6 light interface for the Security Edition drones. (I don't have such a drone)
  • Improved GPS lock indicator and magnetometer alerts (always worked for me)
  • Fixed issue where the video resolution was reinitialized to 1080p after rebooting the app. (I didn't have such a problem)
  • Improved stitching of the 360 panoramas (corrupted, now like it used to be)

Don't rejoice too early, there are more weird bugs .. What will be fixed in the next firmware, the new bugs will be fixed in the next ..
This is how it has been since 1.6.3 (I've stayed on this and everything works with what others are suffering from)
  • Synchronize your flights with Skyward. (I don't care)
  • FreeFlight 6 light interface for the Security Edition drones. (I don't have such a drone)
  • Improved GPS lock indicator and magnetometer alerts (always worked for me)
  • Fixed issue where the video resolution was reinitialized to 1080p after rebooting the app. (I didn't have such a problem)
  • Improved stitching of the 360 panoramas (corrupted, now like it used to be)
I'm curious to know how many GNSS contellations you have over your head when you fly? Also, how do you use the ANAFI ?? Leisure or work ? From where I stand, and considering the harsh conditions I fly in, 1.7.6 meets my needs. If it can fly in these conditions, take outstanding 4k video, with good stability and return in my hand....it's all good. Kudos to PARROT.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
I guess some people are too busy doing cool stuff to complain :p

Really interested in the research, but it's cool that the device suits your needs.
When I was on the Canary Islands 2 weeks ago I noticed the wind swaying the palm trees violently, but I still trusted the anafi to deliver and it did for me

Reactions: MazziM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut