Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Firmware 1.2.4 (16/11/2018) - changes?

I just have received an alert on my Freeflight and it's showing a update do 1.2.1 to 1.2.4, anyone hava a changelog?

Thanks for the information, just made the update that took little three minutes without any problems. Unfortunately, it's dark outside now so I have to wait until tomorrow to test PIO on the new FW.

I also hope that Parrot has sorted the problem with that little Miss Anafi suddenly "clap her wings together" and falls out of the sky.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Just updated mine, flew for 10 mins with no disconnect issue which was my biggest concern. Hopefully it has been fixed. Thanks for the reminder.

Release Notes Firmware V. 1.2.4

Sorry Parrot, but ................. After trying two different routes in flight plan, I can observe that the camera closely follows the direction of the different POI's but not the height.That means you can fly over a POI at at the ground level with the camera pointing 90 degrees in the air !!!

After playing HDR, I can see that camera zoom does not work in 4k. It is possible to zoom in 1080p but the image becomes very blurred.

Conclusion: Unfortunately, the last firmware is two step backwards, not forward !!! :cry:

Regards Leif.

Release Notes Firmware V. 1.2.4

Sorry Parrot, but ................. After trying two different routes in flight plan, I can observe that the camera closely follows the direction of the different POI's but not the height.That means you can fly over a POI at at the ground level with the camera pointing 90 degrees in the air !!!

After playing HDR, I can see that camera zoom does not work in 4k. It is possible to zoom in 1080p but the image becomes very blurred.

Conclusion: Unfortunately, the last firmware is two step backwards, not forward !!! :cry:

Regards Leif.

So are you saying the camera angle does not change to the POI? I will be flying a little a later on so I will also test and report back.
I have seen posts on Anafis Facebook page where tests where done and they said it worked perfectly but I will test later.

So are you saying the camera angle does not change to the POI? I will be flying a little a later on so I will also test and report back.
I have seen posts on Anafis Facebook page where tests where done and they said it worked perfectly but I will test later.

Yes, you read that quite right. I am looking forward to your report.

Regards Leif.

OK so very short flight with one POI and two waypoints hooked up to the POI. The Anafi was at 250 feet and the POI was set to 10. The camera adjusted the angle to the POI as it should have. The zoom on HDR is not there. I do not remember if it was on the older firmware but it is not there now thats for sure. It is 12 degrees F this morning so it was a bit cold but the Anafi performed well in the cold.20181117_105528_rmscr.jpg

OK so very short flight with one POI and two waypoints hooked up to the POI. The Anafi was at 250 feet and the POI was set to 10. The camera adjusted the angle to the POI as it should have. The zoom on HDR is not there. I do not remember if it was on the older firmware but it is not there now thats for sure. It is 12 degrees F this morning so it was a bit cold but the Anafi performed well in the cold.View attachment 511

It's strange since the plan I've tested is the first one I've ever made and it has always worked perfect since 10 July 2018. However, it has 12 waypoints and 7 POI's. It's dark now, but I'll make a small plan with 5 waypoints and 1 POI like yours and try that out tomorrow.

Is it an Apple device or Android you use to make your flight plan ?

Regards Leif.

I am using my Android phone. The HDR zoom does work but not in losses for 4K HDR. And another thing I noticed in 4K HDR the indicator they added for the gimbal position disappears on my phone, not sure if it is a problem for everyone. Works on anything except 4K HDR :unsure:

I am uploading the video to Youtube that I took for the test but 4K takes for ever to upload for me. Internet is not all that fast out here where I live

Finished uploading the video to youtube from my POI test. Everything seems to be fixed. I did notice some jerky video as the Anafi was returning home but the video from the SDcard was not jerky so something must have happened during post processing the video to Youtube.
The POI was home plate at the baseball diamond.
12° F and the Anafi performed just fine. 6:04 flight time and the battery was at 75% when landed.
I think I was colder then the Anafi :)

Finished uploading the video to youtube from my POI test. Everything seems to be fixed. I did notice some jerky video as the Anafi was returning home but the video from the SDcard was not jerky so something must have happened during post processing the video to Youtube.
The POI was home plate at the baseball diamond.
12° F and the Anafi performed just fine. 6:04 flight time and the battery was at 75% when landed.
I think I was colder then the Anafi :)

It looks pretty strange what your Anafi is and does between waypoints 1 and 2. What is the camera following there, POI 1 without compensating for height ?

It's a very bad example you give since nobody can probably use it the camera guide you make to something sensible. But it shows you can get the camera to change height.

It was nice to see the last part of the flight too !!!

Okay, using an Android based device. I'm using an Android tablet.

There is no one saying you should upload in 4k when 480p is nice to show an example.

As I said, I will fly a mission that looks like your's tomorrow when it's going to be bright again.

Regards Leif

Landbo
This was with lossless zoom turned off at HDR 4K 3X zoom. To me it looks like HDR handles the zoom better then standard video. Whats your opinion?

Reactions: xmavic
Agustine, is it me or your video does feature a ‘not so horizontal’ horizon line ?
Philippe
Well considering it was only 10 feet off the ground I really don't know what your looking at for a horizon [emoji3]
Turn your monitor till it looks straight

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I was referring to the first video of the flight planner. The first branch, when the Anafi goes to the field with the camera facing front and horizontal...
Anyway, I turned my iPad 5° clockwise and everything was back to normal... ;o)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut