Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

First Anafi range test...confusing

Have it on Auto now and will try airplane Mode

Edit: Auto wifi, Airplane mode, open field with no interference:

Well.. 1100m with stable video feed and full bars! didnt go further than this

so Airplane mode seems to do the trick.

Interresting fact: standing a few meters behind my car (although remote was pointing straight over the car: clear line of sight) weakened the signal significantly.
I went in front of my car and had full bars again.

I am not sure if this chunk of metal interfered or the fact that the car has wifi (which i was too lazy to turn of)

just happy with the range now, seems like the advertised 2km range would be possible.

Last edited:
I have read somewhere that the Bluetooth Module is interfering heavily. So i wait until Google Maps has loaded the Background Image and then Switch to airplane Mode.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Interresting fact: standing a few meters behind my car (although remote was pointing straight over the car: clear line of sight) weakened the signal significantly.
I went in front of my car and had full bars again.

I am not sure if this chunk of metal interfered or the fact that the car has wifi (which i was too lazy to turn of)

just happy with the range now, seems like the advertised 2km range would be possible.

It makes perfect sense that a big hunk of metal had that effect. It's much the same reason that most of us will get better range in a open area than we will in a congested area like our neighborhood. It's called ground plane and is a fundamental principle in radio theory and engineering. (Pasting the url because I cannot seem to embed a link on my phone...Ground plane - Wikipedia)

This gets talked about a fair bit on other UAV forums. One fellow said he stands in the bed of his pickup truck. Along with the extra height, the metal under him acts like a big antenna ground plane.

This gets talked about a fair bit on other UAV forums. One fellow said he stands in the bed of his pickup truck. Along with the extra height, the metal under him acts like a big antenna ground plane.

See I would not do that. Terra Firma is by far the largest ground plane. Put if you put something in front of you like your car, then you are blocking the signal regardless how good the plane is.

I have noticed one "deficiency" on the Anafi. Signal gets flaky at 100+ feet in the air when directly overhead +-10 degrees. I quoted deficiency because,... well everything about the controller antenna screams directional sign propagation. The antenna is not focused upwards which but I would guess a 120 degree horizontal band and 60-70 degree vertical band, as it should be.

See I would not do that. Terra Firma is by far the largest ground plane. Put if you put something in front of you like your car, then you are blocking the signal regardless how good the plane is.

I have noticed one "deficiency" on the Anafi. Signal gets flaky at 100+ feet in the air when directly overhead +-10 degrees. I quoted deficiency because,... well everything about the controller antenna screams directional sign propagation. The antenna is not focused upwards which but I would guess a 120 degree horizontal band and 60-70 degree vertical band, as it should be.
Nothing different then our Autel xsp will do. Put that sucker right above you and try and get a good signal.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator