Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flying at negative altitude

Thanev

Reaction score
Went out yesterday and flew in an area with dead grass about a foot tall.Wanted a cushion if something happened .
Took off and proceeded to fly downhill to about -3m .Flew back up to the takeoff point with no wobbles or unwanted results.Will try and find a safe area with more of a height difference.
Has anyone else flown lower than their takeoff point,and if so,how much of a height difference ?

I've not had any issues flying lower than my take off position, doing this at the local beach where I launched from the top of the cliffs & going about 40 metres below that point with no issues at all when flying manually.

I understand this to only be an issue when trying to achieve this same thing using the Flight Plan feature.

Reactions: Thanev
I've not had any issues flying lower than my take off position, doing this at the local beach where I launched from the top of the cliffs & going about 40 metres below that point with no issues at all when flying manually.

I understand this to only be an issue when trying to achieve this same thing using the Flight Plan feature.
Thank you ! That will expand my flying area immensely.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Went out yesterday and flew in an area with dead grass about a foot tall.Wanted a cushion if something happened .
Took off and proceeded to fly downhill to about -3m .Flew back up to the takeoff point with no wobbles or unwanted results.Will try and find a safe area with more of a height difference.
Has anyone else flown lower than their takeoff point,and if so,how much of a height difference ?

Yes there are no problems flying at negative heights in manual mode at all. Even RTH works properly if you lose the connection.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Kabous and Thanev

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem