Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My Anafi has now also fall out of the sky. :-(

Is anyone keeping track of the recent failures and pertinent conditions at the time of flight?
I used to but lately they seemed like they slowed down some. I guess now that everyone is out flying their Christmas present the incidents have increased. And some of us that have had ours since July have started to have some problems. I was recording at least 3 a week for a while.

And i guess it’s also the current temperature which will lead to more incidents

I found this on the Anafi Owners Group on Face
Book that looks like your problem :

Just had my Anafi go crazy when I started a dolly zoom. Half way through it just started going crazy and took off. Full battery and both GPS where green. Before flight I did a compass calibration and it was successful. Last known location is in thick 40 foot trees with 3 feet of snow. No way to find it in there. It might as well be at the bottom of the ocean as I cannot find it. Tried the beeper and heard nothing where it said it should be. Tried to reconnect to it but nothing so I am guessing battery got displaced. Sent off a email to Parrot support with all my info and what happened. Lets see just how they handle this one. ☹️

If you indeed found this in facebook it is a great irony because this is a post from this forum's moderator! (Agustine) from here: Anafi Just Went Crazy

o_O;)

Is anyone keeping track of the recent failures and pertinent conditions at the time of flight?

I think it would be nice to have a shared spreadsheet (google drive or whatever) to have there all these incidents, with Location / Software versions / Wifi or SC / Remarks etc. logged.

It would be great for Parrot as well to find bugs or prenent future failures perhaps.

Best Regards
Vassilis

Since Parrot does not monitor our forum even after being invited the only benefit for doing something like that is if you ever have a warranty claim. Looking forward to someone getting something like this off the ground.

Since Parrot does not monitor our forum even after being invited the only benefit for doing something like that is if you ever have a warranty claim. Looking forward to someone getting something like this off the ground.

Please take a look here: Parrot Incidents

feel free to add or remove columns.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Last edited:
Please take a look here: Parrot Incidents

feel free to add or remove columns.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Looks good to me. Make a separate post and I will make it a sticky for easy access. We don't have a general section so just maybe post it in the Anafi section as it is the most active.

Reactions: Vassilag
two things I took from that post by DJI.
1) They recommend not flying when under 32 degrees F. - Although that seems pretty conservative, it is a good reminder that cold temps do make flying riskier.
2) moving the controls too quickly can lead to voltage drops and failures. I wonder if the smart move is to only fly in film mode with our Anafi when cold outside?

Sport mode definitely would draw battery down quicker and voltage drops could lead to some of the issues we are seeing. I think the prudent move is to fly in film mode or be gentle with the controls when in sport mode. I also think it is smart to work with a bigger buffer on flight times. I personally always stop at 20% and in cold weather, that could add a little more safety factor plus be easier on the batteries.

Yeah I think that’s a good way to do it. As I mentioned in my posts low temperature or old batteries can have the problem of power drops when there is high demand/spikes. On small devices like phones it often also happens because the controller who supervises the battery and calculates/estimates it’s charging state/percentage gets off after multiple charges. They often calibrate themselves after a full 100-0-100 charge.

Anyway, we had a phone here with an older battery which only had around 80% capacity. It tend to just switch off whenever there was a small spike in demand and it was already at around 30-40%. You could switch it on again afterwards like nothing happened.

The same thing may happen to drones with old batteries or cold weather. Only that you probably can’t switch it back on after it fell from the sky..

Then, finally, :sneaky: something has happened in the case of my Anafi. After some writing back and forth, fort and back with Parrot in UK, an RMA note finally came that I should send my Anafi to Parrot in France.

My Anafi has today arriving to Parrot in France and then it becomes exciting to hear what the Anafi doctor says to the health. :)

Regards, Leif.

Finally, a package arrived from France today with a brand new Anafi. So now I need to make a new "license plate" while the battery and controller is charging. Must also have loaded the latest firmware on both the controller and Anafi. Unfortunately, it is blowing quite heavily here in Denmark at the moment but hope for the wind will settle so we only have 10-12 m/s tonight and then I cheat me for a low altitude flight.

I haven't heard anything from Parrot about what was at fault on the old Anafi. Frankly, I do not expect to hear anything either. :(

Regards, Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman