Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Follow me unstable

Eencke

Reaction score
I recently used the follow me mode. Turned everything on , waited for gps controller and anafi to be green, took off and let it hoover about 10 meters above ground for about half a minute, switched on follow me mode, start cycling a few meters and suddenly the anafi dived to about 1 meter above ground and went up again( luckily between 2 bushes not hitting any).
But this is not right , it should simply remain the same height. Anyone has solutions or experienced this also?

That's worrying. I haven't had that same problem but I do find Follow Me unstable.

It seems to disengage if the camera lock is lost, so I'm not entirely clear how it's different from Cameraman mode (the manual says Cameraman will follow a moving subject but I haven't tested this yet).

From some of the reviews I have seen the Follow Me mode depends on your phone or tablet. Basically some work better then others. I have no idea which might work better but I guess it all depend on how well the GPS and barometer in your phone works.

Reactions: ReachForTheSky
Also I forgot to mention that they found better performance when they closed down all other running Apps.

Here is one video where at the end of the video he talks about this problem.

From some of the reviews I have seen the Follow Me mode depends on your phone or tablet. Basically some work better then others. I have no idea which might work better but I guess it all depend on how well the GPS and barometer in your phone works.

I am agree with you, defend on the phone. I am use iPhone 7 and no issue with follow me.
My friend use xxx Follow up and Dolly can not work

I am agree with you, defend on the phone. I am use iPhone 7 and no issue with follow me.
My friend use xxx Follow up and Dolly can not work
I used the iphone 7 plus , all other apps were closed , all gps green , and wifi, bluetooth all closed. Still it went wrong. I will not use this mode anymore untill parrot comes up with an improvement .

I used the iphone 7 plus , all other apps were closed , all gps green , and wifi, bluetooth all closed. Still it went wrong. I will not use this mode anymore untill parrot comes up with an improvement .

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus must be not so many different, what mode in your ipHone work perfectly???

No apps were running in background when it happened. I hardly use any other modes, maybe sometimes cameraman , which works fine. Its only tje follow me mode which is a bit dodgy

No apps were running in background when it happened. I hardly use any other modes, maybe sometimes cameraman , which works fine. Its only tje follow me mode which is a bit dodgy

Hey maybe just sell it as you seem to be having big time troubles. I find it funny you are the only one posting about the follow me mode. Whys up with that?
It works for everyone else so whats your problem?

Maybe few have used it? I know i havent...yet.

I m not a big fan of all these automatic modes...I have used Cameraman mode and when orbiting around a subject the camera tilts up and down for not reason, not keeping the target centered. I tried it two or three times and went back to manual flying as i was doing a better job.

I haven’t experienced this issue using iPhone X or iPhone7 plus. I haven’t heard anyone else have the same issue.

Give it another try... in an open area. Maybe test with a different phone.

Hey maybe just sell it as you seem to be having big time troubles. I find it funny you are the only one posting about the follow me mode. Whys up with that?
It works for everyone else so whats your problem?

[/QUOTE oh]Agustine ?this is really not a remark i expect from you. Why should i sell it ?, it flies perfectly fine , only the follow me mode went almost wrong and crashed into bushes , that was my problem. I just wanted to report this and shared what happened and try/tried to figure out why it happened to me and why the anafi didnot remain on the same height level.Maybe someone else had this too in the world. Apparently not. i am glad no other anafi user had this problem and hope it will not happen again
. And should everybody who has an issue straight away sell his/her anafi? Strange comment

i guess , if nobody had this , it might have been me who did something wrong.

Last edited:
HI!
Had a lot of problems using my Iphone X with the ANAFI. The problem was on the behalf of the Phone, not the drone.
Checking my Phones GPS positioning In google maps made me understand why. According to the blue dot, me and my Phone was running all over my neigborhood! Sometimes more than 100 M away from my actual position. Tried a lot of tips from different Youtube clips to make the phones GPS behave, but none was successfull. Switched to another phone. and the ANAFI acted very nicely again. If the phone was 100% reliable, I think that this is a economical, good solution. But as it seems that some of us are having this problems, it would have been nice to have a good GPS inside the controller itself!

Folks should visit YouTube to view the work VegasRobbi has done with Follow and the Anafi. Based on his experiences the Anafi is very good with Follow. Perhaps some comments and invitations from folks would entice him to join this forum to explain how it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zamzara
Folks should visit YouTube to view the work VegasRobbi has done with Follow and the Anafi. Based on his experiences the Anafi is very good with Follow. Perhaps some comments and invitations from folks would entice him to join this forum to explain how it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see you over here Pat RCG is getting intolerable, mods out of control.

Anafi is an excellent Follow drone using patented technology including hybrid GPS/Optical tracking which uses both VPS and a barometer for altitude control. This is very dependant on a solid device GPS signal and an accurate barometer.

Anafi controls X, Y and Z in Follow using unique algorithms. Going behind an obstruction is not critical like Active Track because GPS will carry you through, no predictive trajectory nonsense here.

The manual says Cameraman will follow a moving subject but I haven't tested this yet).

So I tested it, and the disappointing but obvious answer is that cameraman will follow by rotation and tilt, but won't move the drone.

So I tested it, and the disappointing but obvious answer is that cameraman will follow by rotation and tilt, but won't move the drone.

It is the pilot to move the quad around the object that is marked. Anafi points only the camera to the object. Read page 52 in the English manual.

Products

Should you follow an item, you must purchase the package with Follow Me. :rolleyes:

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame