Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

I was able to modify autopilot.cfg's altitude value I mentioned above, but it was reset to 150 whenever I changed the max altitude value on freeflight6.
So, my conclusion is that it is impossible to change the drone's max altitude range before Parrot discloses Anafi's firmware sources.

Before giving up the things, something popped up in my mind, and I tried that...
and it was success.

Here's the easiest workaround for flying beyond the max altitude limit.

I modified groundsdk's geofence code, and the max altitude range value will be always 0.5~500 with this mod.
Just go to Touch&fly, set a position, select start, and use the slide to change the altitude.

I tested this only with the virtual environment, which is Sphinx, and RTH worked properly.
but I am not sure with the physical drone... so test yours before go up higher.

and maximum altitude range is set to 500. I don't think you will need higher than that.

Well, technically, you've got the sources, but there's no way to compile the firmware out of that as of now.

What I found is when I connected to my drone's wifi on my phone, I had a webspace of sorts where I could check various things about the drone, also there's an option to manually upload a firmware and there's also an SDK tab on the top next to the others. I haven't had time to mess with it more, but I think it might be useful.
So after connecting to the drone's wifi, you have to go to 192.168.42.1 (at least this is the drone's WiFi's gateway address for me) and then you'll land on said page.

I would strongly suggest not to upload anything as a firmware for now until we have some more detailed information about the whole thing.

Reactions: Double2Seven
Does anyone know how to access the firmware download page where we can archive the firmwares? Not that we can downgrade but it might be useful for trying to reinstall the latest firmware if we are having problems.

Unfortunately the only page where you can get the firmwares is the one for Sphinx, and those are not compatible straight away with the drone. You need a way to compile an update.bin file out of this etx2 image.
If you need this page, you can find it here. It has the latest firmware for a couple other drones, but only for Sphinx.

Well, technically, you've got the sources, but there's no way to compile the firmware out of that as of now.

What I found is when I connected to my drone's wifi on my phone, I had a webspace of sorts where I could check various things about the drone, also there's an option to manually upload a firmware and there's also an SDK tab on the top next to the others. I haven't had time to mess with it more, but I think it might be useful.
So after connecting to the drone's wifi, you have to go to 192.168.42.1 (at least this is the drone's WiFi's gateway address for me) and then you'll land on said page.

I would strongly suggest not to upload anything as a firmware for now until we have some more detailed information about the whole thing.

Amazing will you test it out soon ? Changing max altitude can be amazing to the Anafi if it works :)

Amazing will you test it out soon ? Changing max altitude can be amazing to the Anafi if it works :)

There's nothing to test yet, other than ds2atc's mods.
I tried to edit the update.bin file with a HEX editor to change the value to 500, but after saving and trying to upload, the drone threw it back as a "Bad update file". There is a signature file, which I believe is a shared signature file for 3 important files, header, update.bin and fwupdater.bin and it will not match if you change something in these files, that's why my modification didn't work.

I'm looking constantly for procedures for older drones to compile firmware files, but I have not found anything useful sadly.

Last edited:
Excellent - a good brainwave! Hope to try it later, if it stops the heavy rain!

There's nothing to test yet, other than ds2atc's mods.
I tried to edit the update.bin file with a HEX editor to change the value to 500, but after saving and trying to upload, the drone threw it back as a "Bad update file". There is a signature file, which I believe is a shared signature file for 3 important files, header, update.bin and fwupdater.bin and it will not match if you change something in these files, that's why my modification didn't work.

I'm looking constantly for procedures for older drones to compile firmware files, but I have not found anything useful sadly.
I would hope / expect there to be a checksum in the update file too - so that would need to be corrected.

2084so I flew with the latest mod, just to see if I could go above 150m...when I got to 150m it didn't change but my flight data says I went higher than 160

So you say that the drone did not go over 150m, but the flight log says it did?
My app onscreen displayed 150m altitude and though I continued to go up slightly that on screen number never changed. Flight data says otherwise

I have not installed the latest modded version with the Tap2Fly option to go above the limit.
Were you using this mode? Or just manual control to go over the limit?

I'm not sure if ds2atc has modded the app to display the altitude as well. I know that there are multiple elements to going over the limit and also displaying it.

I might give it a go after an hour if the weather stays dry, to test if it displays properly. Until that, you have to wait for ds2atc's reply in this matter.

the graph shows you never went below 20 meters, which is strange due to ( al least) starting and landing at 0
My guess is the graph is +20, which makes the achieved 170 in real life 150 meters ....

and I dont think they have the time or manpower to track each and everyone of us who discuss the modded app on this forum or other forums :)

I also guess there are many users who have done warranty claims and have been using the modded app to fly in FCC mode, including the earlier "Fake GPS" method...... So you can rest easy and sleep well :)

I was able to modify autopilot.cfg's altitude value I mentioned above, but it was reset to 150 whenever I changed the max altitude value on freeflight6.
So, my conclusion is that it is impossible to change the drone's max altitude range before Parrot discloses Anafi's firmware sources.

Before giving up the things, something popped up in my mind, and I tried that...
and it was success.

Here's the easiest workaround for flying beyond the max altitude limit.

I modified groundsdk's geofence code, and the max altitude range value will be always 0.5~500 with this mod.
Just go to Touch&fly, set a position, select start, and use the slide to change the altitude.

I tested this only with the virtual environment, which is Sphinx, and RTH worked properly.
but I am not sure with the physical drone... so test yours before go up higher.

and maximum altitude range is set to 500. I don't think you will need higher than that.
Tested today, and it worked without an error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante