Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

동탄호수공원 190525 250m from South Korea, Hwaseong-si, Dongtan-myeon, 방교초.레이크자이더테라스

360 Panorama at 250m!
Here in Korea, drones can fly 150m above the tallest building within 150m range.

It does work! Awesome job, thank you for that! Pretty lucky that South Korea has such relaxed restrictions.

***Apologies for the long post, but after testing this out yesterday I just want to share my thoughts.***

It's probably a bit obvious to say it, but there's a real need to be super careful using this workaround. Helicopters (especially search and rescue and medevac, as well as military and civilian) often fly within this airspace.

Since the app is displaying the height of the drone relative to the point where you took off from (not the true altitude above sea level), you can very easily find yourself immediately above the legal altitude for drones without realizing it. This is especially true if you're in a country that restricts the altitude to a height above the nearest airport, or from sea level, not from where you are when you take off (for instance, if you take off from a mountain top or the roof of a really high building).

Also, I don't know how good your eyes are, but at about 150m distance the drone is a tiny speck for me, and if you are supposed to be maintaining visual contact, if you fly 200m+ up and then also away from the take-off point, you will be hard-pressed seeing it anymore. This makes it a real target for bird attack too, since because you are already above the altitude fence you will not be able to fly any higher (as some users have suggested as evasive action to avoid birds).

Finally, the Anafi's speed and battery restrictions might not allow you to fly very far and high, take lots of pictures and video, and still get back and land with enough battery remaining. Some users on here have been discussing the risks of trying to descend too fast/straight down and avoiding prop-wash, so these are physical limitations that need serious consideration.

So please everyone who uses this do so with a lot of caution and some proper forethought!

And of course have fun!

Nice work ds2atc I was amazed looking around at that, everyone seems to live in multi level apartments, I like things like this, shows you how the "other half live" - Get to see places you might never see in your life time.

Looks an amazing place, gives the impression of being super clean, super organised, but not in an oppressive way, if you know what I mean.

Nice work ds2atc I was amazed looking around at that, everyone seems to live in multi level apartments, I like things like this, shows you how the "other half live" - Get to see places you might never see in your life time.

Looks an amazing place, gives the impression of being super clean, super organised, but not in an oppressive way, if you know what I mean.
Thanks d95gas, I understand what you mean :D

Interesting. If you create a flight plan with just one point, and then edit the altitude.... You can use it anywhere. Running the plan, it ignores the location, just flies up to the selected altitude!

You can use the flightplan at every point?
I have excepted, that in a flightplan also for each way point the needed GPS coordination values are available.
This means for my understanding : if I create a flightplan for the location a and I start the same flightplan on location b, the drone will be fly first of all to location a. Isn't it?

You can use the flightplan at every point?
I have excepted, that in a flightplan also for each way point the needed GPS coordination values are available.
This means for my understanding : if I create a flightplan for the location a and I start the same flightplan on location b, the drone will be fly first of all to location a. Isn't it?
You're correct. The flight plan is not relative to the position of the home point. It's exact coordinates on the real map. So if you create a flightplan at your home, and let's say at your work which is 2km far, and you try to execute the flightplan for your work from your home, the drone will start to fly to your work and try to execute the plan, even if you lose signal.
That's why you have to be extra careful when starting flightplan and double=check if you loaded the right one before start. (You'll be able to cancel the plan as long as you have connection between the controller and the drone).

To use the altitude trick, you don't need to create unnecessary flightplans though. You can use the Touch & Fly option to just create a point then set the altitude to 500m max.
Be aware when the drone reaches the maximum altitude limit of 150m, above that point your Cineshots and a couple of other autonomous modes will not work, because the drone reached the 150m limit. So you'll only be able to manually control the drone, but once you go lower than the current you can't go back up, unless it's below the 150m limit. You'll also see the constant "Geofence limit reached" notification at the bottom.

Perhaps ds2atc will be able to find a workaround in a later version. At least I hope so.

Reactions: DeWe
Mine does not do that. If the plan only contains one point it doesn't go to the point location, it just heads straight up. I've tried this 100m from the start point, 1km and 3km away.
If there are 2 points, then it heads to the first location. Note I've only checked this on single point plans with edited altitude, not unmodified single point plans. If there is more than one point it heads for the first location. It is weird, I agree. but it works for my Anafi.
I noticed this when I accidentally loaded the wrong plan.

Last edited:
Lots of posts to read through here, quick question please. I'm using the version posted in post 210... Is this still the most up to date version of the modded app available please?

Thanking you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lots of posts to read through here, quick question please. I'm using the version posted in post 210... Is this still the most up to date version of the modded app available please?

Thanking you

That's the second latest, so you're not far behind.
ds2atc posted a version with a workaround to go over the 150m limit in post #299.
That is the latest version.

Reactions: RedDeviluk
That's the second latest, so you're not far behind.
ds2atc posted a version with a workaround to go over the 150m limit in post #299.
That is the latest version.
Thanks Mr Dosa....I started reading through but then went word blind.

Cheers

How can we get altitude limit removed for iOS users? Seems like this is only an Android work-around at this point?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville