Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

In the Sphinx package, a virtual environment for testing parrot drones, I found a firmware filesystem file for Anafi, and found this file inside the firmware file system.
Code:
~/Desktop/Anafi/etc/libshsettings$ cat autopilot.cfg
autopilot :
{
  altitude = {
    default = 30.0;
    min = 0.5;
    max = 150.0;
  };

tilt = {
    default = 20.0;
    min = 1.0;
    max = 40.0;
  };

vertical_speed = {
    default = 1.0;
    min = 0.1;
    max = 4.0;
  };

rotation_speed = {
    default = 70.0;
    min = 3.0;
    max = 200.0;
  };

distance = {
    default = 100.0;
    min = 10.0;
    max = 4000.0;
  };

angular_rate = {
    default = 150.0;
    min = 80.0;
    max = 300.0;
  };

hull_protection = false;
  distance_protection = false;
  banked_turn = false;
  home = "follow_me_target";
};

This is the only file that has max altitude range value as 150.0m.

I need to unpack a firmware bin file downloaded from parrot server, modify the value, repackage, and update firmware file.... but I have no idea how to do these things.

Last edited:
not allowed to install from others sources? Maybe the explorer must have the permissions of that...

Gesendet von meinem viennalte mit Tapatalk

hello

I would like to see if I understoof well the interest of the fcc mod.
FCC is based on USA regulation of wifi and got a stronger signal than CE based on european regulation?
So the drone choose automatically FCC or CE based on the gps location.
So without the mod if I am in us I will fly FCC and if I am in europe I will fly in CE mod.

My question is ,if this is right, which mode the drone use in other regions of the world like asia, africa, australia...
Trying to figure out if I really need this mod.

Thank you!

hello

I would like to see if I understoof well the interest of the fcc mod.
FCC is based on USA regulation of wifi and got a stronger signal than CE based on european regulation?
So the drone choose automatically FCC or CE based on the gps location.
So without the mod if I am in us I will fly FCC and if I am in europe I will fly in CE mod.

My question is ,if this is right, which mode the drone use in other regions of the world like asia, africa, australia...
Trying to figure out if I really need this mod.

Thank you!

Generally speaking, this mod gives you better range, because it's always operating in the higher power output FCC mode, compared to the lower CE. If you want to have the maximum possible range without doing hardware modifications, just use the modded app.

I've been through countless flights with it, since I got the drone, and had no problem what so ever.

ds2atch posted a detailed post earlier in this thread containing all the modification what he did to achieve this, so if you don't trust this, you can recreate it for yourself.

Again, if you want the max possible range, use the mod, if you're happy with the range you have without, then just leave the official app.

I tried to check what would it use in Asia, or in other non US or non EU countries, I would assume, it would use CE mode anywhere else other then US. That's the case with the Mavic drones at least.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, this mod gives you better range, because it's always operating in the higher power output FCC mode, compared to the lower CE. If you want to have the maximum possible range without doing hardware modifications, just use the modded app.

I've been through countless flights with it, since I got the drone, and had no problem what so ever.

ds2atch posted a detailed post earlier in this thread containing all the modification what he did to achieve this, so if you don't trust this, you can recreate it for yourself.

Again, if you want the max possible range, use the mod, if you're happy with the range you have without, then just leave the official app.

I tried to check what would it use in Asia, or in other non US or non EU countries, I would assume, it would use CE mode anywhere else other then US. That's the case with the Mavic drones at least.

thank you for your anwer. but it is more a question to understand how it works than question of trusting the mod. I like to know how things works ;)

Last edited:
In the Sphinx package, a virtual environment for testing parrot drones, I found a firmware filesystem file for Anafi, and found this file inside the firmware file system.
Code:
~/Desktop/Anafi/etc/libshsettings$ cat autopilot.cfg
autopilot :
{
  altitude = {
    default = 30.0;
    min = 0.5;
    max = 150.0;
  };

tilt = {
    default = 20.0;
    min = 1.0;
    max = 40.0;
  };

vertical_speed = {
    default = 1.0;
    min = 0.1;
    max = 4.0;
  };

rotation_speed = {
    default = 70.0;
    min = 3.0;
    max = 200.0;
  };

distance = {
    default = 100.0;
    min = 10.0;
    max = 4000.0;
  };

angular_rate = {
    default = 150.0;
    min = 80.0;
    max = 300.0;
  };

hull_protection = false;
  distance_protection = false;
  banked_turn = false;
  home = "follow_me_target";
};

This is the only file that has max altitude range value as 150.0m.

I need to unpack a firmware bin file downloaded from parrot server, modify the value, repackage, and update firmware file.... but I have no idea how to do these things.

I found the latest firmware file for the drone. It's stored on the phone.
Internal Storage > Android > Obb > com.parrot.freeflight6 > main.60501201.com.parrot.freeflight.obb
Just rename it to zip, then extract it. You should see a list of file and a folder.
Unpack anafi_update.1.5.4.tgz, then you'll get anafi_update.tar, unpack that as well then you'll get a folder and 4 other files, one of which is the update.bin.

I also found a project for older drones, which tells how to extract data from a firmware. Here it is. Giving the update.bin as a target doesn't seem to work sadly.

You're welcome.
paid contents(follow me and flight plan) are linked to your parrot account, so you can use it with the modded app.
I installed the latest mod but my paid features won't restore. Any help or suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190521_161347_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521_161347_com.android.vending.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 35
I installed the latest mod but my paid features won't restore. Any help or suggestions?

Try cleaning your data and cache in the Settings, uninstall the app without opening it, then reinstall it. Log in to your account, and try to restore it again.
I've got no issues with my purchased stuff.
Also, you might want to clear the data and the cache of the Play Store app as well.

Reactions: Zigzag84
Try cleaning your data and cache in the Settings, uninstall the app without opening it, then reinstall it. Log in to your account, and try to restore it again.
I've got no issues with my purchased stuff.
Also, you might want to clear the data and the cache of the Play Store app as well.
Okay did all that but no luck...I am going to try to install to a different phone and see if it is the same

- If you are using multiple google accounts,

Delete the app completely. And logout all google accounts except one that you purchased inapp things. Install again. Then you'll see the features are available.

and logon your other google accounts again

Hm...try installing the original app again, and see if you can restore the purchases there.

I reinstalled the original app and the purchased were restored. I cleared the cache and data then uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone and installed the Mod app... Again no access to those purchase items. I am using a Huawei Mate 20

The original app works fine on the phone.

I would just like more access to the network. Hmmmm?

If the order valid (orig. App) and available on your mobile, only delete - without deleting the cache...)- the Apk and try to install the nodded. app.

App data and cache will be deleted when uninstalling.
yes it didn't work again...

When I reinstall the orig app, it has all my data already there... meaning I don't have to log in and all my app purchases are there and my flights.

When I install the mod app, I have to accept the terms then log into my parrot account and my flight data isn't there for about 10 min then I see the number of flights I have flown.

I was able to modify autopilot.cfg's altitude value I mentioned above, but it was reset to 150 whenever I changed the max altitude value on freeflight6.
So, my conclusion is that it is impossible to change the drone's max altitude range before Parrot discloses Anafi's firmware sources.

Before giving up the things, something popped up in my mind, and I tried that...
and it was success.

Here's the easiest workaround for flying beyond the max altitude limit.

I modified groundsdk's geofence code, and the max altitude range value will be always 0.5~500 with this mod.
Just go to Touch&fly, set a position, select start, and use the slide to change the altitude.

I tested this only with the virtual environment, which is Sphinx, and RTH worked properly.
but I am not sure with the physical drone... so test yours before go up higher.

and maximum altitude range is set to 500. I don't think you will need higher than that.

Reactions: novreis
I was able to modify autopilot.cfg's altitude value I mentioned above, but it was reset to 150 whenever I changed the max altitude value on freeflight6.
So, my conclusion is that it is impossible to change the drone's max altitude range before Parrot discloses Anafi's firmware sources.

Before giving up the things, something popped up in my mind, and I tried that...
and it was success.

Here's the easiest workaround for flying beyond the max altitude limit.

I modified groundsdk's geofence code, and the max altitude range value will be always 0.5~500 with this mod.
Just go to Touch&fly, set a position, select start, and use the slide to change the altitude.

I tested this only with the virtual environment, which is Sphinx, and RTH worked properly.
but I am not sure with the physical drone... so test yours before go up higher.

and maximum altitude range is set to 500. I don't think you will need higher than that.
Max distance is 2 km? before it was 4k is that done for a reason?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking