Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

I just don't understand that if the bug was in 1.6.4 and Parrot said that it would fix it in the next firmware, then 1.6.5 should fix the bug, but it didn't (many wrote)
I think that the 1.6.5 was out, before "parrot" said they know about it.
So Parrot is focusing on the next FW , 1.6.6, for this.

I would think, they where just trying to catch the battery thing, with 1.6.5
First things first, the 1.6.4 bugs, aside the battery, let you fly.

So, and now they may delay the 1.6.6, b/c the battery thing seems not to be fixed, at all.

Just my interpretation from the last weeks reading about it!

It is always a bad sign, fw. after fw, after fw, in short times frames!
Mostly a sign, someone brook something that was working well just for the reason "They should not be able to do this".

That was for the Spark the same, when they tried to take the "undocumented" OTG cable usability away from it.
And in the end, could only give it official to the users of android phones, saying they wanted to do so.
Of course, after refusing it for a year, now they wanted to give 'em, what many had from the beginning!

It is always a bad sign, fw. after fw, after fw, in short times frames!
Mostly a sign, someone brook something that was working well just for the reason "They should not be able to do this".

That was for the Spark the same, when they tried to take the "undocumented" OTG cable usability away from it.
And in the end, could only give it official to the users of android phones, saying they wanted to do so.
Of course, after refusing it for a year, now they wanted to give 'em, what many had from the beginning!
I suspect this is not a bug fix!
There is something bigger and more complicated about changing the firmware (sending data to the authority) because if they touch it a little, there won't be as many errors.
This is exactly what DJI did when upgrading the Spark firmware made a lot of mistakes. Some hacker groups have reported that the encryption of the program has changed and the live video signal has been encrypted. Many pilots reported an increase in video signal delay and then a reduction in range. At this point, DJI (to compensate) allowed the use of an OTG cable disabled in earlier firmware versions. With a much earlier version I have always had OTG (not yet disabled) and I ran without problems (DJGO4_FCC mod2).
So I'm still not updating from 1.6.3 because I believe it doesn't improve anything or add new features, only serves the drone law (even at the expense of reliability).
I note this is just my opinion at the bottom of multi-year forum, observation and logic!

I've been a little bit late to this party.

I've just done on the updates to my test Anafi.
I started by updating to 1.64FW using V6. 6.2 of the FCC mod App. Checked the channel allocations and confirmed I was still in FCC mode. I then downloaded V6.6.6 of the FCC mod App and updated to 1.65FW. Checked the channel allocations and again still in FCC mode.

The only issue I ran into, and this was because I was dumb, was the battery upgrade. Instead of using a USB wall plug I used a powerbank, and obviously when the battery circuit rebooted the powerbank switched off and the battery was completely unresponsive. I plugged the battery into a wall USB and the battery completed the update and all was happy ever after.

I'll update my primary Anafi the same way in the next few days.

A big thank you to @ds2atc for his great work during what must be a difficult time for him.

Regards

Nidge.

Can you hover your bird with all the updated batteries, lets say in 10 meters, over a nice and soft ground area?
Just to test, if it will fall out of the air, like others with the latest two updates?
I think, 10 meter just before you, that would be better, as 100m some hundred meter away, lets say, over water!

Reactions: Lizio and GUGO
I suspect this is not a bug fix!
There is something bigger and more complicated about changing the firmware (sending data to the authority) because if they touch it a little, there won't be as many errors.
This is exactly what DJI did when upgrading the Spark firmware made a lot of mistakes. Some hacker groups have reported that the encryption of the program has changed and the live video signal has been encrypted. Many pilots reported an increase in video signal delay and then a reduction in range. At this point, DJI (to compensate) allowed the use of an OTG cable disabled in earlier firmware versions. With a much earlier version I have always had OTG (not yet disabled) and I ran without problems (DJGO4_FCC mod2).
So I'm still not updating from 1.6.3 because I believe it doesn't improve anything or add new features, only serves the drone law (even at the expense of reliability).
I note this is just my opinion at the bottom of multi-year forum, observation and logic!
I do not know how DJI provides thier SDK to developers, but Parrot is providing an SDK which includes manual country selection.
If Parrot permanently removes this function, that will affect a lot of automation projects going on with Anafi.

The bug has been reported, and there's already a complain made by one of the most famous dev teams, Auriga.
So in my opinion, Parrot will soon fix this problem.

Corona19 is spreading all over the world, so stay at home til Parrot fixes the issue. :D
and hope everyone here stays safe.

Staying at home?
Now, where the crowd stays at home, so that you can (most) legaly fly areas, which are usually to crowded, to fly over?
Even less police on the roads.

That's a pitty!
;)

Stay at home until parrot fixes the issue, coronavirus will probably be eradicated before parrot fixes the firmware issues.
You'd think they were trying to find a cure for coronavirus the time it takes them.
Utter utter idiots, if they can't ensure they are releasing safe/reliable firmware I don't know why they can't just leave things alone.
The general customer should never be a beta tester when operating a machine that flies as it's highly unsafe.

Stay at home until parrot fixes the issue, coronavirus will probably be eradicated before parrot fixes the firmware issues.
You'd think they were trying to find a cure for coronavirus the time it takes them.
Utter utter idiots, if they can't ensure they are releasing safe/reliable firmware I don't know why they can't just leave things alone.
The general customer should never be a beta tester when operating a machine that flies as it's highly unsafe.
I agree. Don't they have a test on Anafi to try everything out and test it for a few weeks before releasing it?
The programmer sits in front of the computer and when he thinks he's done, is he going to put it on the net for us to test?
I don't understand this behavior ...

What I find laughable about all of this is they are bringing in more and more regulations,limits,safety measures in relation to the safe use of drones but if the firmware developers then send out a bad firmware we can end up getting in trouble with the law, damaging peoples property, causing injury, damaging/destroying our expensive drone.
I think the developers need to try and understand the difference between developing firmware say for instance for a mobile phone and firmware for a flying machine, A bug in mobile phone os firmware is an inconvenience, a bug in drone firmware can be dangerous.
It is absolutely crazy the amount of people writing posts in regard to their Anafi falling from the sky this should be a rare occurrence but it seems to be occurring much more often since the last firmware update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
I agree. Don't they have a test on Anafi to try everything out and test it for a few weeks before releasing it?
The programmer sits in front of the computer and when he thinks he's done, is he going to put it on the net for us to test?
I don't understand this behavior ...

It sounds like the behaviour of someone with a big ego!

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Can you hover your bird with all the updated batteries, lets say in 10 meters, over a nice and soft ground area?
Just to test, if it will fall out of the air, like others with the latest two updates?
I think, 10 meter just before you, that would be better, as 100m some hundred meter away, lets say, over water!

I reset both my batteries after the update as I didn't really trust them after the problems people were having, not sure whether it did any good but mine still hasn't fallen from the sky so that's a bonus.

Ok. I did a hover test of a duration of 23mins and 2secs, battery down to 10% of total capacity. No adverse behaviour noted.

Nidge.

Reactions: crossroad
Ok. I did a hover test of a duration of 23mins and 2secs, battery down to 10% of total capacity. No adverse behaviour noted.

Nidge.

Good to read!
You trust the other batteries?
I reset both my batteries after the update as I didn't really trust them after the problems people were having, not sure whether it did any good but mine still hasn't fallen from the sky so that's a bonus.

I actually think that this can be a safety precaution, after updating the batteries to a new fw!
Thev fw will still be on, but there is for sure a kind of reset to expect.
So what ever faulty "bit" wouldn't work 100% well with the latest fw, perhaps a reset could change something here?

Nidge.
Oh, you have 2 Anafis
How about to test the battery in the other , not updated one?
And vice versa?

I have just received a new anafi thermal. My 5th try. What advice can you give me. Will it automatically download 1.6.5?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibrah99