Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

I don't think so, but it depends on what you need. I don't want to fly 2 km away, I want fcc to get the best transmission for the whole flight, without any distortions in the image. The difference is noticeable, under my house, in the middle of the city I can fly away for 400-500m despite the fact that there are many wifi networks around which theoretically interfere with my flight. Without FCC in the same place, the drone flies away for 200m and the picture is already jamming
@kami2lo What firmware version does your drone currently have?

There were a lot of conversations about getting FCC mode back. However, it is already reported from a couple of third party developer groups that the FCC is not selectable because the drone sends CE channels again right after the initial country selection.

I am not sure how many of you remember the very first version of the mod app. Its method was changing the "auto country selection" variable to false so that does not send current location and make it use the mod we have changed using FakeGPS app.

The third party groups mentioned that they changed that value to false, and manually sent "US" to the drone with no luck. App side code is already open source, and what we cannot see are the controller and the drone. and now the developers are asking parrot to fix the firmware.

It means a bug is in the firmware and the program code built during the firmware update is malfunctioning.

Things we can do now are:
- If you are in FCC area and stuck with CE : Report your problem to Parrot
- If you are in CE and cannot use FCC : Wait until Parrot fixes the problem.

Since Parrot already recognized the issue and said it will be fixed on the next firmware update, what we can do is just suggesting proper way to update for people who has not updated to 1.6.4 or higher yet.

Nowadays Parrot is updating the app and the firmware very slowly, but I remember they provided the new version every month, a year ago.

And its for this reason why I am certain you cannot switch back to FCC mode if you have been locked to CE. The switch is done on the anafi via Firmware and NOT the application.

I used another application for the Anafi that allows you to select the Country you are in, as I said before, you can select a country but 20ms it automatically switches back.

This is software that is designed to talk to the Anafi deeper than FF6, and yet it cannot do it.

I honestly believe that if you installed 1.64, there will be nothing at all can be done, until Parrot fix this part of the coding.

we are aware it sends CE channels again, but eventually with perseverance and a different approach it locks in the FCC channels reported by several users.
Parrot do not have an excuse they had firmware which wasn't causing this issue prior to current firmware, they must think we are stupid surely it would be easier to make the previous firmware which was less problematic be recognised by the Anafi as an upgrade instead of a downgrade available to us again and then they can work at a snails pace fixing the most recent firmware without causing all of their customers problems.

[...] and then they can work at a snails pace fixing the most recent firmware without causing all of their customers problems.

The (our, your) problem is: It is NOT causing ALL Anafi pilots problems, I bet!
In can think off that it is JUST causing trouble to the few, wo used the modded the App, faked the location, before.
Because of that settings, it might be that the bird got updated different, as expected.
And casualties in FCC regions, perhaps. But I think it is still NOT the majority of pilots, that is "disturbed" now!

It's even mentioned on the parrot SDK forum and a devoloper even says he thinks parrot doesn't even know what they are doing with their own firmware anymore.

But it looks like its on the software side you are possibly locking and not the firmware side.

The developers who are using the SDK cannot get around this because of what the firmware does, it literally locks it back within 20ms. I sat for nearly an hour going through all the country codes it gives you, and at one stage sat for 10 mins selecting US and as soon as it switched it back, I selected US again.

When I did that I was running FakeGPS set to Arkansas, and was running VPN into central America. and still no joy.

I dont see any way that would cause the firmware to change. Parrot have admitted they are aware of this issue as currently it has stopped the developers going forward with writing new firmware.

Setting the countrycode to CE in the firmware, is in effect the same as putting a hardware lock in, thats what makes me think that the occasion some users have been able to get to FCC is either:

1. They didn't have v1.64 firmware and went from say 1.63 to 1.65 jumping the bad firmware
  2. The fix is only on the software side.

Personally I am just going to sit tight until they release the new firmware, I just dont want to risk and other side effects of 1.64. Seems to be a fair number dropping from the sky since 1.64.

Happy to post up some extracts of the logging if it helps.

we are aware it sends CE channels again, but eventually with perseverance and a different approach it locks in the FCC channels reported by several users.
Parrot do not have an excuse they had firmware which wasn't causing this issue prior to current firmware, they must think we are stupid surely it would be easier to make the previous firmware which was less problematic be recognised by the Anafi as an upgrade instead of a downgrade available to us again and then they can work at a snails pace fixing the most recent firmware without causing all of their customers problems.
Seeing the FCC channels with tricks may be, but the FCC is not just another channel, but a higher output transceiver. This can only be ascertained by testing (or by the meter who has it).
I, with 1.6.3 firmware, flew to 1.2 Km in FCC and if I climbed and pushed it even higher, it could have gone smoothly to 2 Km
Boarding between houses With such disturbance:
20200319_150010.mp4_snapshot_00.01.085.jpg
This is certainly FCC

Last edited:
@Ana789 - are you actually for real? Have you read @charleslee posts regarding been stuck in CE in an FCC region?
Yes, that is what I mean with "casualties"
How many FFC Area pilots have complained, they stuck now in CE?
Or better: How many are assumingly out there, that still are on fcc? With the latest 2 fw?

In a forum are always the pilots with the need of help.
So don't overestimate the numbers, neither FCC pilots stucked in CE, nor CE pilots who already used FCC and wanna have it back!

I am still thinking, there went something entirely wrong, in the update. But NOT for all, just for some.
Whch makes it a lot more difficult, to find out about it!

Last edited:
It's even mentioned on the parrot SDK forum and a devoloper even says he thinks parrot doesn't even know what they are doing with their own firmware anymore.

They mention that switch to FCC gets re-switched to CE.
As of now, I don not understand that as a general ALL Anafis doing it.
Because FCC birds don't NEED to get switched to FCC, usually.

But:

How many FCC pilots do we have here, which have updated the Anafi, include the latest plus battery, and still HAVE FCC?

They mention that switch to FCC gets re-switched to CE.
As of now, I don not understand that as a general ALL Anafis doing it.
Because FCC birds don't NEED to get switched to FCC, usually.

This is a SOFTWARE switch, it was pushed to the Anafi with firmware 1.64
On logging and testing the action of switching to another country, ie US, CA Normally that software switch would act like a light switch for example, on/off.

In the current case no matter what country you try and switch the Anafi to, with 20ms it switches back to whichever country it got locked in when 1.64 was installed.

In my case, despite being GB, the 1.64 update locked me to FR. Now with another piece of software for the Anafi, I can select any country I want the Anafi to think its in. When I switch to US, CA, etc the Anafi immediately switches back to FR.

That's how it was found out by the developers that the "CountryCode" was locked, and is impacting the further development of their Parrot applications with the SDK.

Hope that helps clarify a little for you (y)

And I would surmise this was done deliberately by Parrot in a bid to stop us using the Modded app, or FakeGPS..... to make them compliant with regulation....... and they didn't get it right. Hence where we are now.

Previously the CountryCode was in the FF6 application, which was easily doctored. They want to stop that.

This is a SOFTWARE switch, it was pushed to the Anafi with firmware 1.64
On logging and testing the action of switching to another country, ie US, CA Normally that software switch would act like a light switch for example, on/off.

In the current case no matter what country you try and switch the Anafi to, with 20ms it switches back to whichever country it got locked in when 1.64 was installed.

In my case, despite being GB, the 1.64 update locked me to FR. Now with another piece of software for the Anafi, I can select any country I want the Anafi to think its in. When I switch to US, CA, etc the Anafi immediately switches back to FR.

That's how it was found out by the developers that the "CountryCode" was locked, and is impacting the further development of their Parrot applications with the SDK.

Hope that helps clarify a little for you (y)

And I would surmise this was done deliberately by Parrot in a bid to stop us using the Modded app, or FakeGPS..... to make them compliant with regulation....... and they didn't get it right. Hence where we are now.

Previously the CountryCode was in the FF6 application, which was easily doctored. They want to stop that.
Does it mean that if you upgrade in FCC it will stay forever in FCC??

So what is actually happening because, some of us seem to have locked FCC channels and one member has reported an increase range over CE of between 75-100%, surely the Anafi must be on FCC channels, WiFi analyser apps show that the Anafi is on FCC channels, Is it that we are on FCC channels which aren't as saturated but possibly at CE power limits?

That is a misunderstanding.
I got, how that is (not)working now.
I just don't see, that ALL Anafis with the new FW's got locked to CE-countries.
There is no one saying, that ALL Anafis switching back!

My point is:
There must be a reasion, that SOME got locked to a CE-region, even SOME FCC birds, but other FCC birds NOT!
The majority of FCC Anafis, I think, is still running FCC
The majority of CE users dont even know about.

We have now 2 points to look at, imho:

1. Would the CE locked Anafi still switch to FCC, in case it would travel from CE to FCC country?
Looking at some FCC locked to CE, I would assume: NO!
But if not, it's a change of features after sale! Why even the new "regulations" will not ask Parrot, to lock OLD birds.
So it would be a mistake, Parrot most likely will and have to correct.
Good for the FCC guys, locked out right now.
I am pretty sure, they get FCC back, some time later this year!

2. What have the FCC birds, now locked in CE, and the CE birds, before changed to FCC, by FF6-mod app or Fake-GPS, in common? What setup point made original FCC birds to a locked in CE-Anafis?
So check with the FCC pilots, what they had done to the Anafis. IF they had done something to them, which CE pilots NEED to do, to get FCC

Does it mean that if you upgrade in FCC it will stay forever in FCC??
good question, but:

Since FCC pilots told us, their FCC bird is now locked to CE, too, I won't bet on.
On the other hand, some people said just that: They had it before, they still have it.
I'd say it's 50/50, in best cases.
I wouldn't try and stay on old software!

Yep seems with Parrot's new system policy called "luck of the draw" :unsure:

There are FCC users stuck in CE
There are CE users stuck in FCC

Definitely a game of chance. But as they have now jumped from 1.6.5 to 1.6.7, we wonder what surprises are in store for us

So what is actually happening because, some of us seem to have locked FCC channels and one member has reported an increase range over CE of between 75-100%, surely the Anafi must be on FCC channels, WiFi analyser apps show that the Anafi is on FCC channels, Is it that we are on FCC channels which aren't as saturated but possibly at CE power limits?

Exactly

I can't begin to imagine how annoyed you must be.
Stuck in CE in an FCC country is going to significantly reduce your Anafi's resale value and selling it to a CE country would also mean you would have to take a big hit as people are less likely to choose yours as delivery time will be much longer.
It's a shame CE channels are not illegal in FCC countries because that would give you a really strong argument for replacement from parrot, in/out of warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73