Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

They'll have more to worry about when an Anafi falls from the sky, strikes someone on the head and causes serious injury than they would from someone flying at an increased power output.
It not even as though parrot are releasing software that allows you to access FCC channels in a CE country that is done via a modified app or using fake gps.
Parrot seem to be taking an overly excessive approach to this especially when other manufacturers (even DJI) still haven't fully blocked it.
To be honest I think it is actually more dangerous them trying to stop it than them leaving it alone as more problems arise the more ways people try to find away around it with disconnection issues etc.

Hi Guys,
I've not been using my Anafi for 2 months. When 2 days ago I tried again with my installed modded FF6 6.4.1 version (working perfectly fine with all channels 2 months ago, cannot install a newer version due to the old tablet age). For any reason something went wrong with the app and I had to reinstall it. An Anafi update was also requested, I completed it, and I am not at 1.6.4 version (controller still at 1.6.3). Than I remove the FF6 modded app and everything linked (android folders) and install it again. Result is that I cannot get anymore FCC mode with 36-48 channels.
Is that linked with Anafi 1.6.4 update I did ? Any way to get the FCC mode back ?

Sorry but I could see there is currently an issue with last Parrot firmware updates, there is too many pages to read, the virus context here in France makes me very busy to look after my children stucked at home….
Thanks a lot in advance.
Fabien

They'll have more to worry about when an Anafi falls from the sky, strikes someone on the head and causes serious injury than they would from someone flying at an increased power output.
It not even as though parrot are releasing software that allows you to access FCC channels in a CE country that is done via a modified app or using fake gps.
Parrot seem to be taking an overly excessive approach to this especially when other manufacturers (even DJI) still haven't fully blocked it.
To be honest I think it is actually more dangerous them trying to stop it than them leaving it alone as more problems arise the more ways people try to find away around it with disconnection issues etc.
DJI chose another way: Telemetry data is made available to the authority (and anyone using the app). The police can see where he got on, by plane and on what route. Based on this, they will find you and punish you well if you have traveled far or have flown in a place ... So I prefer to stay with Parrot with the old 1.6.3 firmware.

• Haha
Reactions: crossroad
Hi Guys,
I've not been using my Anafi for 2 months. When 2 days ago I tried again with my installed modded FF6 6.4.1 version (working perfectly fine with all channels 2 months ago, cannot install a newer version due to the old tablet age). For any reason something went wrong with the app and I had to reinstall it. An Anafi update was also requested, I completed it, and I am not at 1.6.4 version (controller still at 1.6.3). Than I remove the FF6 modded app and everything linked (android folders) and install it again. Result is that I cannot get anymore FCC mode with 36-48 channels.
Is that linked with Anafi 1.6.4 update I did ? Any way to get the FCC mode back ?

Sorry but I could see there is currently an issue with last Parrot firmware updates, there is too many pages to read, the virus context here in France makes me very busy to look after my children stucked at home….
Thanks a lot in advance.
Fabien
Unfortunately, the 1.6.4 firmware has closed the FCC for everyone. Since then, neither 1.6.5 nor 1.6.7 have fixed it.
It doesn't mean that the controller shows 1.6.3 because the controller has different firmware numbering.
So you can't do anything, you have to wait ...

Hello,

I updated the 1.6.7 by using Fake GPS, I was blocked in CE mod since 1.6.4 updated without doing the fake GPS trick.
By restarting the app, still using Fake GPS, I'm now in FCC mod, so it seems it's not locked in CE.
Once FCC app will be available in 1.6.7 I will try it

DJI chose another way: Telemetry data is made available to the authority (and anyone using the app). The police can see where he got on, by plane and on what route. Based on this, they will find you and punish you well if you have traveled far or have flown in a place ... So I prefer to stay with Parrot with the old 1.6.3 firmware.

Parrot should have used a better system in the first place, something along the lines of lightbridge or occusync.
Hubsan uses a similar system called leas that's how they can get significantly better range and Xiaomi must use something similar with x8se having such good range.

Hello,

I updated the 1.6.7 by using Fake GPS, I was blocked in CE mod since 1.6.4 updated without doing the fake GPS trick.
By restarting the app, still using Fake GPS, I'm now in FCC mod, so it seems it's not locked in CE.
Once FCC app will be available in 1.6.7 I will try it

Have you tried restarting the Anafi? You may find it returns to CE channels again.

Unfortunately, the 1.6.4 firmware has closed the FCC for everyone. Since then, neither 1.6.5 nor 1.6.7 have fixed it.
It doesn't mean that the controller shows 1.6.3 because the controller has different firmware numbering.
So you can't do anything, you have to wait ...
Many thanks for the update.?

From France.
Yep, I start Anafi, I start Fake GPS => I connect to the remote and FF6 is opening => I'm in FCC
I stop FakeGPS, still in FCC

Reactions: antiquant
Lets get back on topic. This is Parrot not some other drone company

We have a forum where you can discuss lots of different drones. Mostly the smaller versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: d95gas
In the last pages, some of you are reporting a fall-down issue affecting the anafi. I've never experienced that with Anafi 1.6.3 and FF6 6.4.1 modded.
On what Anafi/FF6 versions are you experiencing that?
Thx.

In the last pages, some of you are reporting a fall-down issue affecting the anafi. I've never experienced that with Anafi 1.6.3 and FF6 6.4.1 modded.
Thx.

STAY AS YOU ARE : FW 1.6.3
You can install the FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC ONLY BUT DONT UPDATE ANYTHING !!!!

Tested few times. This is how to get the FCC mode. Fake GPS not needed. On each restart need to repeat this process.

FW 1.6.7
FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC.apk

1. Connect everything as usual.

2. While on the network screen, unplug and plug in phone USB cable.

3. You will see the FCC mode (channel 36-48) appears very quickly and disappears.

4. QUICKLY select any 36-48 channel while they appear. If you miss it you need to repeat the unplug cable process.

5. When channel 36-48 is selected, switch to other 5g channel in 149-165. It will switch back to the original 36-48 channel.

6. Force close FF6 app and reopen.

7. Go to network you will see the original 36-48 is still being connected. Now switch to any channel in 149-165. It will switch back to original 36-48 again. You need to repeat this switching process 3-4 times.

8. Wait for few seconds. You will see a full channels of FCC mode appears with your selected channel in 149-165.

9. Switch to any channel from 149-165 you wish to fly if you need to change channel.

Important: do not select channel 36-48 to fly. Anafi is unable to reconnect skycontroller if they disconnect.

Channel 149-165 will still re-reconnect when anafi is within range.

Tested few times. This is how to get the FCC mode. Fake GPS not needed. On each restart need to repeat this process.

FW 1.6.7
FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC.apk

1. Connect everything as usual.

2. While on the network screen, unplug and plug in phone USB cable.

3. You will see the FCC mode (channel 36-48) appears very quickly and disappears.

4. QUICKLY select any 36-48 channel while they appear. If you miss it you need to repeat the unplug cable process.

5. When channel 36-48 is selected, switch to other 5g channel in 149-165. It will switch back to the original 36-48 channel.

6. Force close FF6 app and reopen.

7. Go to network you will see the original 36-48 is still being connected. Now switch to any channel in 149-165. It will switch back to original 36-48 again. You need to repeat this switching process 3-4 times.

8. Wait for few seconds. You will see a full channels of FCC mode appears with your selected channel in 149-165.

9. Switch to any channel from 149-165 you wish to fly if you need to change channel.

Important: do not select channel 36-48 to fly. Anafi is unable to reconnect skycontroller if they disconnect.

Channel 149-165 will still re-reconnect when anafi is within range.

Euh 36 to 48 are the FCC channel !!!

Thx.
This is not a bug in the application! How could that be? The drone has its own firmware to handle the flight! Think what happens when you turn off the remote control or freeflight6 freezes? Nothing! The drone is flying home ...

So: only firmware can crash (and smart battery firmware).
If you updated the working 1.6.3 to the wrong 1.6.4 recognized by Parrot, cross your finger ...

I already install 1.6.4 on request. Any known issue with sudden fall-down ? A 5mn and only flight was ok.

1.6.4 was the version that has caused so many issues. Be very cautious when you fly with this.

1.65 came out and that is the one that updates the battery packs.
1.6.7 was SUPPOSED to fix the issues caused by 1.6.4 with the "CountryCode" issue, but hasn't, in addition Parrot dont seem to be too keen to post information on what was supposed to be fixed.

I think at the moment everyone's hopes are on 1.6.8 or whatever number they come out with

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320