Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Yep seems with Parrot's new system policy called "luck of the draw" :unsure:

There are FCC users stuck in CE
There are CE users stuck in FCC

Definitely a game of chance. But as they have now jumped from 1.6.5 to 1.6.7, we wonder what surprises are in store for us
I don't think there will be any surprises. The version number is weird and was released relatively soon after 1.6.5. I think the falling down have been corrected because it costs them a lot of money ... The countrylock remains a challenge.

I can't begin to imagine how annoyed you must be.
Stuck in CE in an FCC country is going to significantly reduce your Anafi's resale value and selling it to a CE country would also mean you would have to take a big hit as people are less likely to choose yours as delivery time will be much longer.
It's a shame CE channels are not illegal in FCC countries because that would give you a really strong argument for replacement from parrot, in/out of warranty.
What if we put it in fcc with your method and then update it ????

Please test the 2 scenarios below.

1. After successfully connected to FCC, replace the anafi battery. Does anafi still able to connect to the skycontroler automatically? Does anafi send out any wifi signal?

2. After successfully connected to FCC, fly the anafi until you lose connection. (Be careful to fly high enough and take off in open space) When anafi RTH and within signal range, does it auto re-connect the skycontroller ?

For my test, I need to hard reset anafi in both occasions above.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I updated to the new Anafi firmware via playstore app, I installed freeflight 6.6.6 mod app

It dark here now but I put Anafi in microwave until I completely lost signal and lost fpv etc. When I removed Anafi from microwave it automatically reconnected and regained connection/fpv

I updated to the new Anafi firmware via playstore app, I installed freeflight 6.6.6 mod app

It dark here now but I put Anafi in microwave until I completely lost signal and lost fpv etc. When I removed Anafi from microwave it automatically reconnected and regained connection/fpv
You have fcc whit new update??

What if we put it in fcc with your method and then update it ????

Even if you put it in FCC prior to updating it will be back on CE.

You can install new Anafi firmware via freeflight 6 and still get FCC channels by using freeflight 6.6.6 mod app

I have noticed if you select one FCC channel after plugging in usb c and selections file/photo transfer, once you have it selection completely close down freeflight 6 and then reopen all channels will be visible.

It won't kill your anafi.

The problem of this is you are unable to control the anafi when it returns because wifi could not be re-established. It will hover in the air until running out of juice. I have 2 occasions where I need to use a ladder to grab it and turn it over.

Make sure you take off in an open space with no obstruction to test it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

With the new firmware that has just been released for Anafi via the freeflight 6 app I lost FCC channels but then installed (FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC.apk)
I managed to get FCC channels as before,
I unplugged controller and plug back in select connection method file/photo transfer then quickly click on FCC channel.
I have then found if you completely close down Freeflight 6 clearing it from task manager also and then re-open it will then show all FCC channels.

I also put Anafi in microwave until I lost fpv&connection and when I removed it from microwave it automatically reconnected so presumably will work with return to home.

With the new firmware that has just been released for Anafi via the freeflight 6 app I lost FCC channels but then installed (FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC.apk)
I unplugged controller and plug back in select connection method file/photo transfer then quickly click on FCC channel.
I have then found if you completely close down Freeflight 6 clearing it from task manager also and then re-open it will then show all FCC channels.

I also put Anafi in microwave until I lost fpv&connection and when I removed it from microwave it automatically reconnected so presumably will work with return to home.
That's a great news you got FCC back.

Modded app's updating part is exactly the same with that of an original app. so, I guess updating the new firmware on the modded is safe.

If others also are able to change the mode normally as before, by using original/modded app, I will add a mode choice function later.

That's a great news you got FCC back.

Modded app's updating part is exactly the same with that of an original app. so, I guess updating the new firmware on the modded is safe.

If others also are able to change the mode normally as before, by using original/modded app, I will add a mode choice function later.
That's great! Now after three firmware upgrades, you have a drone that knows the same as before ...

Yes I managed to get the same.

Have you tested the range yet? I made 1 flight with 5ghz FCC mode but it seems not much different from the CE. Need more test.

use a wifi scanner app to scan the anafi wifi, in 5Ghz FCC mode it shows 20MHz, when I switched to 2.4g FCC mode it shows 22MHz.
What does these numbers mean?

Yes I managed to get the same.

Have you tested the range yet? I made 1 flight with 5ghz FCC mode but it seems not much different from the CE. Need more test.

use a wifi scanner app to scan the anafi wifi, in 5Ghz FCC mode it shows 20MHz, when I switched to 2.4g FCC mode it shows 22MHz.
What does these numbers mean?
I'd say, it is the bandwith
Which seems to be right for 5GHz, but not sure why its showing 22MHz in 2.4, unless they modify there channels a bit and 11 (fcc) with 22 is the same band with, about, like 13 with 20?

I've given up on the search to achieve FCC channels.
I have a feeling parrot are putting more work into trying stop people accessing FCC channels in a CE country than they are fixing other more pressing issues such as Anafi's falling from the sky.

I've given up on the search to achieve FCC channels.
I have a feeling parrot are putting more work into trying stop people accessing FCC channels in a CE country than they are fixing other more pressing issues such as Anafi's falling from the sky.
That's right! The aim is to enforce the law. Meanwhile, unexpected bugs got into the firmware because they focused on something else.
I think auto-switching has been resolved if you actually change country, but you can't intentionally switch to a FCC in a CE country. They sorted it out, I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae