Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Have you tried the later version posted in a link on Page 6 (if I recall correctly) should be 6.4.3

Can anybody test this file?

※ This app is signed with a different keyfile, so it won't allow you update your current installed modded app. I'll re-sign and upload the app signed with a keyfile used for previous versions.
※ I'm at work, so this has never been tested. Do not fly your drone with this app.

Test procedure:
1. Completely remove your previous version of freeflight6(uninstall the app in the play store)
2. Install this test file
3. Check if it opens without crash
4. Check if it loads the map
5. Check if it can connect your controller and drone
6. Check if it updates your drone smoothly
7. Check if it shows 36~48 channels
8. Check if you can set geofence altitude ~500M(500M is high enough in most cases. I will not set this value higher than 500M)
9. Check if you can set flightplan altitude ~500M
10. Test fly if you are really BRAVE

Last edited:
Reactions: BabaPapa
I've tested the app. Before uninstall, cleared data and cache, then uninstalled it.
Installed this version, gave permissions for what it needed.
The Play Store tried to block it, but I guess it's because of the key what you used to sign it, I just allowed it through.
  • ✔ Opens without crash.
  • ✔ Loads the map
  • ✔ Can connect to controller and drone
  • ✔ The new channels between 36-48 are visible
  • ✖ I cannot set the altitude limit more than 150m in the settings, nor in flightplan.
I was flying it inside only, so cannot really tell if it's stable.

I've tested the app. Before uninstall, cleared data and cache, then uninstalled it.
Installed this version, gave permissions for what it needed.
  • ✔ Opens without crash.
  • ✔ Loads the map
  • ✔ Can connect to controller and drone
  • ✔ The new channels between 36-48 are visible
  • ✖ I cannot set the altitude limit more than 150m in the settings, nor in flightplan.
I was flying it inside only, so cannot really tell if it's stable.
Thanks buddy,
Could you check 1 more thing?
Clear data and cache and open the app again, and see if it allows you to set 500m, and if it recovers to 150m when you connect your drone.

After clearing data and cache, but before connecting to drone, I'm able to set the limit to 500m, but after connecting to the drone, it drops back down to 150m max.

Just like with the version before, I can set the altitude limit in the settings to 500. The difference is when I connect the drone. I can still pull the slider to 500m max, but after releasing the knob, it sets itself back to 150m max.
The flight plan thing seems to work, It says 500m, however I'm not sure if it's going to work in real flight because of the limitation in the settings.

Getting there ;)

By the way, what software are you using to decompile the apk, and edit the smali files? I'm getting errors when trying to recompile the decompiled apk, even without modification.

Just like with the version before, I can set the altitude limit in the settings to 500. The difference is when I connect the drone. I can still pull the slider to 500m max, but after releasing the knob, it sets itself back to 150m max.
The flight plan thing seems to work, It says 500m, however I'm not sure if it's going to work in real flight because of the limitation in the settings.

Getting there ;)

By the way, what software are you using to decompile the apk, and edit the smali files? I'm getting errors when trying to recompile the decompiled apk, even without modification.
apktool 2.4.0, and notepad++
Do you get public.xml error when compiling?

FF6 6.5.0 FCC MODE

If you have already installed a previous version of modded app, just install this without uninstalling previous one.
If the official app is installed on your device, uninstall it completely on play store and then install this.
You might need to turn off play protect function in play store and allow apps from unknown sources in the settings.

couldn't it be easier to find where to deactivate the geofence for height limits ?
there is a color change and a message
just my (amateur) thoughts

couldn't it be easier to find where to deactivate the geofence for height limits ?
there is a color change and a message
just my (amateur) thoughts

I don't think it's a good idea to completely bypass a safety feature like this. It could be possible to do it, but it's easier to just increase the maximum altitude limit to a bigger number, and keep the safety feature, so if you need it, it's there, and you don't need to reinstall the non-modded version.
It seems like, that the way to go above the 150m altitude limit is still going to be the flight plan method, but now, you don't need to manually edit the plan, you can just create it in the app.
I haven't tested the new version, what ds2atc posted in #175, but in the post #168 this flight plan method is working like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adt2024