Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

So. Is it possible to hack altitude 150m limit ? :)

None of us have bothered with the height, to be honest I lose sight of it after around 40m. And I am guessing the majority of us want to obey local laws, especially with the bad name drone operators have been getting of recent. Line of Sight is always best ;-)

Hi unfortunately flightplan now also limits the maximum altitude to be 150m if I am not wrong.

Maybe one of the guys who actively uses the "Flightplan" option to exceed the height (For testing purposes only) will be able to confirm that.

The only way to do it with a Android phone is to edit the Alt. In the .Json file stored in the Flight plan folder. Last I heard iOS still works unless that got changed in the last update.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Hi unfortunately flightplan now also limits the maximum altitude to be 150m if I am not wrong.
Works perfectly, very easy to make it :) Tested today, little bit windy, 15 m/s on 200 meters, so just trying is it possible fly over 150 meter limit

727 meters yesterday, it’s really works

BTW what is safe maximal vertical speed for landing? Landing with 2 m/s limit from 700 meters takes more than 5 minutes

Reactions: POLO
When descending, you are dropping into your own downwash. This can cause "vortex ring state" where a loss of lift occurs and the copter drops out of the sky...
If you want a fast descent, move the copter around a square as you descend, so it's never in it's own downwash...

I've noticed that when using RTH and coming straight down at the end the drone seems to be just on the edge of the vortex ring state. I can hear the props fluttering a bit, then catching, and the descent rate varies a bit. So far, no loss of control and it always goes into a hover at 7 feet. If it truly was in the VRS it would just hit the ground.

However, when manually descending keeping the drone moving in a circle or a square is good practice.

I just bought an Anafi, buying a Xiaomi Redme Note 5 for the dedicated device this week, and have downloaded the modified FF6FCC app above. As I understand, I just install the modded app instead of FF6 from Parrot or Google Play. And just setting "FCC" in the menu settings does the trick? Man, that's sweet if correct! Thanks, and big respect from Texas! (PS - My friends call me "Texas", I'm not in Texas or USA and understand I'd not need your mod if I was.)

You just have to install the app. I don't think that you can select FCC mode directly. I think all it does, that it unlocks the FCC bands which would be not available in the EU normally. The app will select these bands automatically if needed.
Correct me if I'm wrong by the way.

So I tried following the steps to enable flight plan on a un-rooted phone. After creating the "FLIGHTPLAN" folder on the main directory, feature is still not available on the app. Do I have to purchase it before creating this mod file?

On latest firmware both phone + bird.

So I tried following the steps to enable flight plan on a un-rooted phone. After creating the "FLIGHTPLAN" folder on the main directory, feature is still not available on the app. Do I have to purchase it before creating this mod file?

On latest firmware both phone + bird.
Yes.

Reactions: pixel
Thanks, but I was kind of hoping for a reply from someone who has actually done it.
The only thing what you have to do, is to install the modded application. Nothing else.
The reason why the modded app exists, is because in CE mode, some WiFi channels ( 36 - 48 )are restricted compared to FCC. The mod unlocks those restricted channels.
You can select the channels manually, like you could on the non-modded app, but I would not recommend this, because the app and controller is monitoring which is the best channel to use, and switching to it accordingly.
If you don't trust this, then before flight, set-up everything, so you're ready to fly. Then just check in the Network tab which of the new channels are free to use and select one between 36 and 48.
So again, just install the app, check if you can see channels between 36 - 48, it means that it's working, and you're good to go. You don't have to do nothing else.

FCC mode also allows greater transmit power on the 2.4GHz channels, and that's where the range improvement comes from.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
If you see the channels 36 to 48 you are in FCC and all channels are more strong than EU i seggest manual to 165 channel in EU with fcc i reach 2.4km in urban area at 150m of altitude.

help please,im in uk and new to this,ive just got Anafi ,downloaded the ff6 app and using that,what do I need to do to get the mod app ,im using galaxy s7 phone,does everything work after mod,i bought the two addons ,will they still work
thanks

Hi Safcrule, welcome to the forum, I am also UK based and there is a good few of us on here.

When you say you have downloaded the FF6 app, do you mean you downloaded the version from Play Store, OR the Modded version in this thread?

If the modded version, simply install and run, nothing else to do (apart from your settings). You can confirm you are in FCC mode by checking your channels, if you see 36 - 48 channels, then you are in FCC mode (higher power).

Yes the add-on's will work fine, we are all mostly running the modded app and have no issues with the add-on's

To make life easier for you if you have not found the modded app (Page 6) the link is HERE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante