Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

I've a stupid question, maybe the question is a little bit deplaced:
If I understand the mod in the right way, the output power is in depend of the GPS Data from the tablet /mobile. What's happen, if the Anafi is started only via the SC3. without any connection to a tablet/mobile?

thanks for reply,its just the normal app from play store,where do I get the other one and do I just leave the play store app on ?

Hi Safcrule, welcome to the forum, I am also UK based and there is a good few of us on here.

When you say you have downloaded the FF6 app, do you mean you downloaded the version from Play Store, OR the Modded version in this thread?

If the modded version, simply install and run, nothing else to do (apart from your settings). You can confirm you are in FCC mode by checking your channels, if you see 36 - 48 channels, then you are in FCC mode (higher power).

Yes the add-on's will work fine, we are all mostly running the modded app and have no issues with the add-on's

To make life easier for you if you have not found the modded app (Page 6) the link is HERE
do I need to uninstall the normal ff6 or just leave on the phone
thanks

Personally I would uninstall the original app and ensure everything has gone, best uninstall via the "Play Store". Then reboot the phone and installed the modded version

Personally I would uninstall the original app and ensure everything has gone, best uninstall via the "Play Store". Then reboot the phone and installed the modded version
do you then just sign in as normal to retrieve the 2 extra modes ive bought

Yep exactly as you would of done with the standard application, assuming you are using the same account

one more question,can I use the mod app on one phone and the normal app on another and sign in to account on the two different phones,im interested in checking out both apps to see what difference there is

but why? just put the modded app on both devices..... I actually have it on 3 devices, all Android, never know what I want to use, but at least no matter what device I pick up, I am safe in the knowledge that I have the better power option (FCC). I dont bother with the non-modded version.

@ds2atc Looks like you will need to rebuild Anafi, they are upgrading to V6.5 (y) Not out on UK Play Store yet, but I reckon it wont be too long now.

no, I have been searching around various resources and no sign of it yet, hopefully a bit later today maybe..... fingers crossed ;-)

no, I have been searching around various resources and no sign of it yet, hopefully a bit later today maybe..... fingers crossed ;-)
It's already May 7th, and I gotta go to bed lol
I got a lot of things to do in this week, so I am not sure if I can make a modded one fast.

It's already May 7th, and I gotta go to bed lol
I got a lot of things to do in this week, so I am not sure if I can make a modded one fast.

Hey no worries bud, I am sure we will all wait. I for one will hold off any upgrade until you are ready. To be honest its too **** cold here in the Northeast UK to be out flying, just took the pooch out and I am frozen. :-(

Hey no worries bud, I am sure we will all wait. I for one will hold off any upgrade until you are ready. To be honest its too **** cold here in the Northeast UK to be out flying, just took the pooch out and I am frozen. :-(
where in n/e are you,im near north shields

I am in Darlington. We get to South Shields fairly frequently with the Grandson, who loves the fairground.

When they upgrade FF6, which is going to happen in the next 24hrs, to version 6.5, our good friend "DS2ATC" will work his magic on it as soon as he can, but he is busy this week as stated above.

Generally I continue to run on the old version for a good few days to see if anyone on the forum comes up with issues. Its not going to cause you any drama not upgrading it.

Firmware upgrades for the Anafi and Flight Controller, wont affect what has been done in FF6, unless Parrot have decided to close that backdoor, but to be honest they dont seem to be as touchy as DJI, so we may be ok.

Reactions: MEBO
Very quick look at the new version of ff6 and groundSDK introduced today during lunch break :

- Class name for wifi connection has changed.
- SendDetectedCountry method hasn't changed, so easily can be modded.
- groundSDK provides explanation of all codes line by line. It's really useful.
- There are two new geofence modes, "Cylinder" mode applies max altitude and max distance for geofence, and "Altitude" mode applies max altitude, so geofence mode does not help.

Very quick look at the new version of ff6 and groundSDK introduced today during lunch break :

- Class name for wifi connection has changed.
- SendDetectedCountry method hasn't changed, so easily can be modded.
- groundSDK provides explanation of all codes line by line. It's really useful.
- There are two new geofence modes, "Cylinder" mode applies max altitude and max distance for geofence, and "Altitude" mode applies max altitude, so geofence mode does not help.
- SendDetectedCountry method has changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
comanche