Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

ds2atc

Reaction score
FF6_6.7.0_212_FCC_Selectable.apk
- If you have problem while initial synchronization,
1. Install FreeFlight 6 on official Play Store.
2. Navigate to /Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/
3. rename the folder such as com.parrot.freeflight5
4. Uninstall the official app, and install FF6_FCC
5. rename the folder to original

Last edited by a moderator:
My first thought regards reverse engineering was mucking up the access to google maps - but your solution solves the issue like a charm (y)

Reactions: ds2atc
안영하세요! 이름이 폴 입니다. 나는 미국에서 사라서요 하지만 한국 친구 많이 있어요.

I got lost after you used the word "compile". I haven't compiled anything since the days of DOS so I will leave the tweaking of the app to the experts.

And I still have a LOT of work to do on my Korean .:geek:

안영하세요! 이름이 폴 입니다. 나는 미국에서 사라서요 하지만 한국 친구 많이 있어요.

I got lost after you used the word "compile". I haven't compiled anything since the days of DOS so I will leave the tweaking of the app to the experts.

And I still have a LOT of work to do on my Korean .:geek:
Hi Paul,
I understand what you wrote "Hello! My name is Paul. I live in the U.S. but I have many Korean friends."
I never seen American guy typing Korean words. You're great!

You don't have to compile it since there's an apk file below, but sadly... this mod is worthless for American flyers...

Hi

First of all thank you for taking the time and doing all the hard work to create the modded apk file.

Secondly, and forgive my ignorance, but if I were to use your modded apk file would I lose the payed for content in the original app? Namely the waypoint and enhanced autonomous features?

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Hi

First of all thank you for taking the time and doing all the hard work to create the modded apk file.

Secondly, and forgive my ignorance, but if I were to use your modded apk file would I lose the payed for content in the original app? Namely the waypoint and enhanced autonomous features?

Regards

Nidge.
You're welcome.
paid contents(follow me and flight plan) are linked to your parrot account, so you can use it with the modded app.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
I understand what you wrote "Hello! My name is Paul. I live in the U.S. but I have many Korean friends."
I never seen American guy typing Korean words. You're great!

You don't have to compile it since there's an apk file below, but sadly... this mod is worthless for American flyers...

Ha, ha...I got it right although I'm sure the grammar isn't perfect. I can write like a three year old and speak like a two year old. It's been a very interesting process trying to learn Hangul and I've gain a HUGE appreciation for the effort many of my Korean friends had to put in to learn English. And apparently you know three languages Korean, English and Computer language :). Kudos!

Reactions: VeryMotley
You're welcome.
paid contents(follow me and flight plan) are linked to your parrot account, so you can use it with the modded app.

Well I’m happy to report the install was totally painless.

I have no intention of trying for any distance records, I just want the assurance that the comms link will now be more reliable over my normal LOS range. I fly a lot in some fairly RF dense environments and in FCC mode there is less likely to be any issues with RFI.

In the UK there is a somewhat ironic situation. I am licensed (amateur radio) to use power levels far in excess of those used by the Anafi, and other RC models, in both the 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz allocations BUT this does not cover flying models. In theory I could operate a 100Watt 5.8GHz analog video link from an RC car legally but not from a model plane, unlike in the USA where amateur radio license holders have more freedom.

I had a lot of confidence in the Anafi to begin with but this has been exponentially increased thanks to the modded APK. I did a similar mod with my DJI Spark as when that was in CE mode I was lucky if I got 50feet before the video downlink would start to breakup and freeze.

Again a very big thank you ds2atc.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: PioSu
Please excuse my ignorance...

What are the practical uses of using fakegps?

What are the differences, advantages and/or disadvantages of FCC versus EC mode?

If you can explain or direct me to a thread with some SIMPLE explanations I'd appreciated it.

Please excuse my ignorance...

What are the practical uses of using fakegps?

What are the differences, advantages and/or disadvantages of FCC versus EC mode?

If you can explain or direct me to a thread with some SIMPLE explanations I'd appreciated it.

Very simply it’s the power output of the controller and video from the model.

In CE the maximum output is 100milliwatts on 2.4GHz and 25milliwatts on 5.8GHz. In FCC it’s approximately 400milliwatts on 2.4GHz and about 600milliwatts on 5.8GHz.. As an example DJI claim the max range of the Spark in CE mode is around 300metres where as in FCC mode I think they claim 2km.

Regards

Nidge.

Very simply it’s the power output of the controller and video from the model.

In CE the maximum output is 100milliwatts on 2.4GHz and 25milliwatts on 5.8GHz. In FCC it’s approximately 400milliwatts on 2.4GHz and about 600milliwatts on 5.8GHz.. As an example DJI claim the max range of the Spark in CE mode is around 300metres where as in FCC mode I think they claim 2km.

Regards

Nidge.

Thanks Nidge. Based on your answer I'm assuming the various manufacturers adjust the output based on where (what country or region of the world) the unit is being sold. Is that correct?

Thanks Nidge. Based on your answer I'm assuming the various manufacturers adjust the output based on where (what country or region of the world) the unit is being sold. Is that correct?
For the Anafi - it's not where it is sold but where you are using it - it uses your GPS location to set the power output.

For the Anafi - it's not where it is sold but where you are using it - it uses your GPS location to set the power output.

Ok, so that explains the fakegps. You fool the unit into think it's in a location where the higher power is allowed. I think I got it.

That leads me to another question you probably can help me with.

I'm using an Iphone that is not hooked up to cellular service. Would the Flight Plan feature function properly using a cell phone without cellular service or does it use GPS from the controller to perform the flight plan functions?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Reactions: KGRAT
Ok, so that explains the fakegps. You fool the unit into think it's in a location where the higher power is allowed. I think I got it.

That leads me to another question you probably can help me with.

I'm using an Iphone that is not hooked up to cellular service. Would the Flight Plan feature function properly using a cell phone without cellular service or does it use GPS from the controller to perform the flight plan functions?

Thanks in advance for the info.
I'm guessing you don't need data access to set up a flight plan, however you won't have an underlying map view - just a blank screen. You can set up the flight plan at home over WiFi before going to the actual flying site.

You don't need a cellular service to execute the flight plan.

Spark owner here (still own a BB2) but it's good to know a MOD like this is available for the Anafi !

Seems like some people are already using this. There are some requests in the night time in South Korea.
Since my google maps API key was used, I can count how many requests were made by time. and Total count is 629. (request count is the only thing I can track)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut