Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

You're not saying that, buddy!

Whoever is in 1.6.3. Updated from FCC to 1.6.5 and remaining FCC.
It looks like 1.6.4 was the critical point and it gave two kinds of results: Whoever updated using Firmware using Fake GPS or FF6_FCC_mod then stayed with the FCC. Anyone who upgraded with the original FF6 and without Fake GPS in a CE country will lose the FCC even after upgrading to 1.6.5.

Have you personally upgraded?
How do you explain the case of BRC from USA locked in CE mod (forever?)
With the official updates not with the FCC apks.

The PArrot has made tragic mistakes.

No, I personally stayed on 1.6.3 FW and 6.6.203_FCC FF6.
I read a lot of comments on this and based on that I can say that the FCC only stayed when upgrading to 1.6.4 firmware with Fake GPS or FF6_FCC mod.
1.6.3 / 6.6.2_FCC ----------> 1.6.4 = FCC OK --------> 1.6.5 = FCC OK
1.6.3 / 6.6.5 (original)----> 1.6.4 = FCC --------> 1.6.5 = FCC

Reactions: Janos_Sz
With this update it flights over 120m? or not? It wants internet to fly?
With 1.6.3 FW and FF6 6.6.203_FCC today it has smoothly crossed the 150m mark.
There is no limit of 150 m. It would have gone up, the WiFi signal was fine, but I didn't want to move up. The result is still satisfactory

Reactions: Gabriele_Da_Tos
No, I personally stayed on 1.6.3 FW and 6.6.203_FCC FF6.
I read a lot of comments on this and based on that I can say that the FCC only stayed when upgrading to 1.6.4 firmware with Fake GPS or FF6_FCC mod.
1.6.3 / 6.6.5 (original)----> 1.6.4 = FCC --------> 1.6.5 = FCC
So if I come from 1.41 and upgrade to 1.6.5 using ff6 fcc mod it will stay in FCC? My question is also if it see from the gsm info the zone..

So if I come from 1.41 and upgrade to 1.6.5 using ff6 fcc mod it will stay in FCC? My question is also if it see from the gsm info the zone..
The important thing is to have an FCC mod application installed or (and) Fake GPS set to FCC country when updating.
Since the 1.6.4 application has done region locking, if you omit it immediately upgrade to 1.6.5 then I think it won't be a problem.

I would think that if region locking code was inserted into the 1.6.4 firmware then it will have been carried forward to the 1.6.5 version.

Like @Gipsz Jakab I am still using FF6 6.6.2 FCC and Anafi firmware 1.6.3. I have no intention on upgrading until I know the full implications.

I would think that if region locking code was inserted into the 1.6.4 firmware then it will have been carried forward to the 1.6.5 version.

Like @Gipsz Jakab I am still using FF6 6.6.2 FCC and Anafi firmware 1.6.3. I have no intention on upgrading until I know the full implications.
Very good!
We will not fix anything that no goes wrong ...
No new and enticing features, my drone is working fine, it is possible to switch to FCC, there is no height restriction of 150m, so why upgrade?

Very good!
We will not fix anything that no goes wrong ...
No new and enticing features, my drone is working fine, it is possible to switch to FCC, there is no height restriction of 150m, so why upgrade?
For no height restrictions you have 1.6.3, right?

How is the procedure of an update in case, that FF6_FCC mod is on the device, to ensure that the FCC mode is still available?
First of all the Anafi must be fly at minimum one time with the FF6_FCC .
Only install from the Play-Store the last version over the FF6_FCC?

Ot it doesn't matter, if I deinstall the FF6_FCC and install the offizical version, because the settings are in the controller/Anafi?

If someone has the knowledge maybes the previous firmware could be repackaged in a way that it's seen as an update over the current problematic firmware when in fact it is actually an update and starts the full update process (anafi,controller,batteries).

I could be completely barking up the wrong tree though ?

Can your Anafi still fly? If so, hover it at low altitude and see if it disconnects again. If everything ok, just check you are getting FCC. Don't think there is anyway to rollback.
I had to go with the parrot unmodded app... I reset to factory with each battery loaded and now the bird will fly but I lost FCC and now have height limitations. I am sad.

Parrot will probably eventually force an update to the current firmware when you login, at that stage you'll have one or two options don't login and continue with FCC mod but lose features or login and get full features but be forced to update therefore losing FCC or even risk been in the position @charleslee is in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville