Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lumecube on Anafi ?

FranoKaaf

Reaction score
Hi,
The Anafi drone is known for its 180 ° camera, ideal for inspections under bridges : has anyone ever thought about setting a Lumecube above the Anafi to use it as lighting?
The Air version of the Lumecube weighs 20g but has a magnet that could disturb the GPS and the "normal" and more powerful version weighs 104g : would it be too heavy ?
Good flights to all !

20g should be fine (try to maintain center of balance) but 104g I would say definitely not! And yes the magnet would be a big problem. If you can remove the magnet from the 20g version and attach with double sided tape - then I think you would have a pretty good solution.

20g should be fine (try to maintain center of balance) but 104g I would say definitely not! And yes the magnet would be a big problem. If you can remove the magnet from the 20g version and attach with double sided tape - then I think you would have a pretty good solution.
I will try the Lumecube of 20g as soon as I have ordered. I'll keep you posted on the result!
Thanks?

Reactions: AaronB
Zoomed all the way out the anafi has a focal length of around 22mm, the cube says it evenly covers 60 degrees, equivalent to 35mm diagonally - you’ll probably get a bright center, as long as it’s facing the same way as the camera is.

Gonna be more like a spotlight than you might want, but that could be good for inpections when you want to zoom in a bit, although it might also make it harder to see things around the edges that aren’t as well lit.

You’ll probably want to tilt it a bit forward.

It’d probably be more useful to get something with a 90+ spread of light, although the more spread out the light is the closer you need to be for it to be effective, this could be a good tradeoff.

I’m trying to imagine an easy way to put a tiny servo on the side of the gimbal support with a led on it and have it aim up or down as required. Maybe just a led with velcro on it so you can set it before takeoff to point up or down or straight.

Reactions: Tomás
Hi,
The Anafi drone is known for its 180 ° camera, ideal for inspections under bridges : has anyone ever thought about setting a Lumecube above the Anafi to use it as lighting?
The Air version of the Lumecube weighs 20g but has a magnet that could disturb the GPS and the "normal" and more powerful version weighs 104g : would it be too heavy ?
Good flights to all !

Yes French Miss Anafi should easily be able to carry the extra 20 grams provided there is not a very large surface that the wind can use as a sail. However, you should be aware that a location of the Lumencube Air in the middle of the place where the legs are attached to the body will block the signal to the GPS antenna and thus prevent Anafi in and be stable in its position but will sail with the wind. The same thing could happen when you fly under a bridge where the GPS signals may not be able to reach the antenna. There I would urge caution and only advice inspect when there is almost no wind.

Good luck with the project, greeting Leif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut