Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

my thoughts on going from dji mavic pro to parrot anafi.

olderpilot

Reaction score
a few months back i had to return my mavic pro due to a fault i opted for a refund as i never really felt comfortable with the mavic
i never looked forward to taking it for flight , all it seemed to do was beep at me and talk to me and constantly updates were a pain.
now that is my own personal findings i'v no intentions of starting a dji vers anafi war :censored:.
now since owning the anafi i really look forward to flying ...even the unique design is that bit different
sofar i have no regrets and the lightness of the anafi is great....footage is also very pleasing.

Fair comment. The trouble with DJI is you set up to fly and then find you have to do a firmware update, which you do. Then you get a quiz shoved in your face, a general knowledge test on the rules or guidelines for your locations aviation authority. Great, time to fly..... my password is too weak? "ignore". Restricted airspace click ok to authorise, "ok" how would you like to pay?...…."cancel". Right lets go...……. "flight space something something update required"...."cancel"...……"You are responsible for blah blah...."ok"...…. NOW CAN I FLY?

I love my spark but DJI is Big Brother. I will certainly be picking an Anafi up in the near future, just need time to fly it with my other 3 drones..o_O

Reactions: vekthor
Fair comment. The trouble with DJI is you set up to fly and then find you have to do a firmware update, which you do. Then you get a quiz shoved in your face, a general knowledge test on the rules or guidelines for your locations aviation authority. Great, time to fly..... my password is too weak? "ignore". Restricted airspace click ok to authorise, "ok" how would you like to pay?...…."cancel". Right lets go...……. "flight space something something update required"...."cancel"...……"You are responsible for blah blah...."ok"...…. NOW CAN I FLY?

I love my spark but DJI is Big Brother. I will certainly be picking an Anafi up in the near future, just need time to fly it with my other 3 drones..o_O

Definitely second that opinion !
It is almost as if DJI "loans" you their drone to use only under their specific rules and conditions...

For me the instability of the DJI update system causing failure, as well as random fly aways killed my passion for anything stabilised. I design, CNC, build and fly full acro mini quads mostly with Gopro cams strapped to it and after having so many issues with 3 Mavic Pro's I gave stabilised camera drones a complete miss for ages. Had 1 Mavic fly away, one had a motor failure and the last straw was a complete gimbal calibration fail causing it to spazz out straight after a firmware update, which ended up needing a brand new gimbal - which DJI did not replace.. I also had a Yuneec H Pro but sold it early this year as I hardly ever flew it - mainly due to the shear size of it (too big).

When I saw the Anafi was coming, I jumped in. Glad I did. I've had it for 2 weeks now and 11 flights already and loving it.

Probably the only issue that bugs me is the wifi channels. In Australia we do not have access to 5.8g, but seems the fake GPS apps have that sorted. Where I live, 2.4ghz gets me about 75-100m, so using 5.8 (channel 149 or 165) is very important.

Reactions: olderpilot

and the constant compass re-calibration and after everything is done, battery is already drained 50%.

I used a Mavic Pro for a few weeks a while back and found it to be reliable. It was an early model and it is very likely that since then DJI added buggy features and restrictions to the FW and control app
After that I had two Sparks which were very good until on flew away and one crashed on take off.

So far I am very happy with the Anafi. The only thing I miss about the Mavic Pro is the range and reliability of Occusynch. I mostly use drones from a boat in the Bahamas and range is important to get shots from spots a mile or two away. Anafi falls short, I haven’t gotten more than 3/4 mile range even in deserted interference free locations

I may go back to a Mavic Pro after Anafi unless parrot improves range or comes up with a new model with better range

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut